Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Endlesss for free (and on PC)

Comments

• Having fun with this and yes with auv3 will be quite something. How does this work though- will you be able to have an au sequencer sending midi to an au synth within Endless or what’s the setup?

I’ve had several jams on the ‘Late Night Techno’ session - but what is happening? - how many other people are involved in this jam? Are there several Late Night Technos at the same time? Or are there hundreds of people piling in to the same one?

• @robosardine Think it’s just AU instruments and AU traditional effects for now not midi effects.

• @robosardine said:
    Having fun with this and yes with auv3 will be quite something. How does this work though- will you be able to have an au sequencer sending midi to an au synth within Endless or what’s the setup?

I’ve had several jams on the ‘Late Night Techno’ session - but what is happening? - how many other people are involved in this jam? Are there several Late Night Technos at the same time? Or are there hundreds of people piling in to the same one?

Not sure what you mean by several jams at the same time but I've not seen hundreds of people at the SAME TIME. But yes, if you go into one of the public jams you'll see riffs from many jammers in there.

I know I'll sound like a crank but this is what bugs me about Endlesss... Every public jam basically ends up sounding exactly the same. You go into Late Night Techno and Unplugged Acoustic expecting to find some jams that sound like different genres, right? Nope, not a chance. The best jams I've found are the private ones with musicians I've found who are interested in different genres and stay "on topic".

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@robosardine said:
    Having fun with this and yes with auv3 will be quite something. How does this work though- will you be able to have an au sequencer sending midi to an au synth within Endless or what’s the setup?

Not sure what you mean by several jams at the same time but I've not seen hundreds of people at the SAME TIME. But yes, if you go into one of the public jams you'll see riffs from many jammers in there.

I know I'll sound like a crank but this is what bugs me about Endlesss... Every public jam basically ends up sounding exactly the same. You go into Late Night Techno and Unplugged Acoustic expecting to find some jams that sound like different genres, right? Nope, not a chance. The best jams I've found are the private ones with musicians I've found who are interested in different genres and stay "on topic".

I was just meaning - if this thing is all around the world then there might be thousands of people getting in on the ‘Late Night Techno’ session that’s running at the same time. I was thinking maybe there is several ‘Late night Technos’ at the same time and you are just plugged into one of them.

I agree about many of the jams sounding the same - this is bound to change with the audio unit inclusion I would think. I do enjoy the jams but I will probably spend more time on it myself. I’m planning to get a second iPad going in to Endless and just capturing the good stuff since it’s all Ableton Linked. I do like the way it is set up with the live capture scenario.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @robosardine Think it’s just AU instruments and AU traditional effects for now not midi effects.

Yes - what I’m wondering is how will you play the instruments within Endless. You have a AU synth - say Poison-202. You want to sequence it and capture the audio within Endless. Will you be able to do this within Endless or is it just playing live as is the case just now with its own synths? Is that what you meant when you said ‘not midi effects’?

• @robosardine said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    @robosardine Think it’s just AU instruments and AU traditional effects for now not midi effects.

Yes - what I’m wondering is how will you play the instruments within Endless. You have a AU synth - say Poison-202. You want to sequence it and capture the audio within Endless. Will you be able to do this within Endless or is it just playing live as is the case just now with its own synths? Is that what you meant when you said ‘not midi effects’?

@robosardine From what I gather the new (AU instruments and effects) work the same way as the built in ones. No sequencing available using (AU midi it’s just play in and loop.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@robosardine said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@robosardine From what I gather the new (AU instruments and effects) work the same way as the built in ones. No sequencing available using (AU midi it’s just play in and loop.

Thanks - I thought that idea might be too good to be true 🤔

• Does anyone know if you can export a whole riff as one file or is it only the separate stems?

• Anyone know why Endlesss disappeared from the App Store?
    My iPhone unloaded the app and now I can’t reinstall it. Getting a message, that it’s not available anymore. 😕

• That’s a strange one isn’t it? It’s definitely gone from the UK AppStore as well. I can’t see anything about it on Dicsord either. Maybe it’s an unexpected major update😀

• @robosardine said:
    That’s a strange one isn’t it? It’s definitely gone from the UK AppStore as well. I can’t see anything about it on Dicsord either. Maybe it’s an unexpected major update😀

Major as in „AUv3 Support“? 😱

• @Artvarg said:

@robosardine said:
    That’s a strange one isn’t it? It’s definitely gone from the UK AppStore as well. I can’t see anything about it on Dicsord either. Maybe it’s an unexpected major update😀

Yes wouldn’t that be fine - but I don’t think that’s ready to go yet…. Audiobus or AUM integration would be nice too but I’m not at all sure what’s going on. I always find the Discord site a bit of a mess, I hardly go there. It’s like my kids bedroom.

• The beta had another update today lots to sort and fix by the looks of it.

• @Artvarg said:

@robosardine said:

The beta has AUv3 support which works for some apps. Among them visual swift, so you can pipe AUM/Audiobus directly into Endlesss (+Ableton sync). The only thing still missing for me in this set-up is Endlesss background audio...

• will this be game changier?

• edited November 2022

This is awesome. Endlesss is now in the same league with Animoog Z, GeoShred, and of course Loopy Pro.

• What a Fantastic App ! <3

• Yeah, this update is the absolute business. My gripe with Endlesss previously was that everything ended up sounding kinda similar given the sound generation limitations (at least on iOS). With the ability to host AUv3s the sound design possibilities are just, well, endlessss.... If they can figure out some kind of song mode at some point it will be an amazing collaborative composition space. But that's a wish list thing--this update is AMAZING!

• Tried to get my auv3 plugs scanned all day with very little luck. About 30% scanned but it just crashes every time. Maybe I’ll try another time

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:

@cuezaireekaa said:
    Tried to get my auv3 plugs scanned all day with very little luck. About 30% scanned but it just crashes every time. Maybe I’ll try another time

Same. I’ve tried rescanning a number of times.

Can’t see a particular ordering so don’t know if there’s a particular AUv3 it’s not liking.

Pretty annoying. going to try to find somewhere to post support requests

Yeah I can’t tell what plug-in instr. it doesn’t like, but when trying to scan the fx, plugs, I can’t even get one to come up. So I doubt it’s any specific. Maybe there’s an update on the horizon. I can’t trip too much tho since it’s free and I just got on board with endlesss. I’ll just come back another time since auv3 support is new. Good luck and if you hear back from support, please let us know! ✌️

• I had the same crash upon scan issue during the beta.

To fix it I started removing auv3 fx apps that I don’t use often (or at all). 12 apps in, it worked. I restarted Endlesss and the scan processed my literal hundred auv3 instruments and effects without an issue. Endlesss has been perfectly solid since then.

Sorry, I don’t know which app was messing things up. It was late, I got desperate. Things got deleted.

• MIDI Tools is definitely one that crashes it every time so if you have that, try uninstalling it.

• Hopeful,y they will add a quarantine folder like Zenbeats did. Universal apps hey !

• edited November 2022

Man. This app crashes a lot when loading my auv3 devices. Also when it finally loads, recording loops of synths like Aparillo is super laggy in the looper to the point it’s unusable.

Such a shame. Guess the whole crypto winter is discouraging to their business model and dev team. I was really hoping this update would have been solid with auv3 support.

It’s moments like this that i truly appreciate LoopyPro and am so thankful for Michael being so vigilant with his app and development 🙏🏼💗 it takes a great amount of energy and focus and commitment to build amazing and sustainable products that fundamentally change the way we create for the better. 👊🏼™️

I wish the Endless team well…but there are some serious stability issues to resolve before i invest time in making music with their app. The 3 on load crashes and overall auv3 lagginess don’t instill confidence in me as a user. It’s a buzz and flow killer for me.

Hopefully these stability and performance issues are resolved in the next update.

“Keep it in the oven longer team. The cupcakes are still way too soft.”

• edited November 2022

@echoopera said:
    Man. This app crashes a lot when loading my auv3 devices. Also when it finally loads, recording loops of synths like Aparillo is super laggy in the looper to the point it’s unusable.

Such a shame. Guess the whole crypto winter is discouraging to their business model and dev team. I was really hoping this update would have been solid with auv3 support.

It’s moments like this that i truly appreciate LoopyPro and am so thankful for Michael being so vigilant with his app and development 🙏🏼💗 it takes a great amount of energy and focus and commitment to build amazing and sustainable products that fundamentally change the way we create for the better. 👊🏼™️

I wish the Endless team well…but there are some serious stability issues to resolve before i invest time in making music with their app. The 3 on load crashes and overall auv3 lagginess don’t instill confidence in me as a user. It’s a buzz and flow killer for me.

Hopefully these stability and performance issues are resolved in the next update.

“Keep it in the oven longer team. The cupcakes are still way too soft.”

Man, I am super sad to hear that especially because I'm a huge fan of your work and would love to run into and jam with you in the Endlesss space. I'm also a die-hard user of Endlesss for the past two years having pretty much built my entire workflow around using it and producing almost everything I make from it at this point. I'm not going to lie, I have quibbles with it and it does explode occasionally (usually on either initial load or exiting the app though so not a deal-breaker for me like it would be if that happened in the middle of playing), but I'd like to assure you and everyone that once you get the offending plugin(s) worked out, the scan works consistently and I have a LOT of plugins.

I'd really like to know more about your hardware and experience with the lag, though, as that is concerning and not something I have encountered or heard anyone else mention before on iOS. Obviously, that's often a matter of buffer size (might try adjusting that) and latency with external MIDI devices (in Studio since iOS does not yet support MIDI in), but once something is loaded in the app itself then I've never encountered internal latency like you mentioned. Can you offer any additional info on that so I can pass it along? Thanks!

On a final note, the development team is very active on this product releasing weekly beta builds to the community with significant improvements every single time. They're not discouraged by any means, the community is really active, welcoming and supportive (on Discord), and everyone there knows there is amazing potential despite a miles-long wish list and some more bug-squashing to do. If anything has hampered the rate of iOS development, it's the simultaneous development of Endlesss on MacOS and Windows by this small but very dedicated team. I assure you it will continue to improve in leaps and bounds and hope you'll keep an open mind to try it again soon because there is truly nothing else that I've encountered which lets you play music interactively with an amazingly talented set of people all over the world.

• edited November 2022

Thanks for the reply @oddSTAR

I’ll try and give the app another run around the block and try to document hiccups i encounter. Great to hear it’s full steam ahead on the Endless side of things. The auv3 support should really help to attract a ton more users on iOS platform.

Since it’s FREE it’s not really an issue to test and such so I’m definitely not losing sleep over the bugs I’ve encountered.

• Awesome @echoopera appreciate that! As I mentioned above, MIDI Tools is a known issue so if you have that, you might try uninstalling it. If I can do anything to help, answer questions, play around together, let me know! 🥳