Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Endlesss for free (and on PC)

Comments

• edited December 2021

@Carnbot said:
    That is strange. But it makes sense on Windows if you get the standalone free, which seems fully functional and then have to pay extra for the VST, It's the same pay model as VCV rack 2 which has just been released too.

I've also seen that there's no Push 2 option in my tryout.
    Well I'm definitely getting the Mac version instead if it's free then. :)

Good Luck. Like I said, I haven't encountered any PayWalls or limitations on the Mac App in the last 2 days...so I am sure it's some weird oversight or Bug with the Windows version...but who knows. We can just blame the BlockChain now :open_mouth:

Here's what I ended up with the Loops I posted earlier. Processed and mixed in Drambo of course:

• @echoopera said:

@Carnbot said:
    That is strange. But it makes sense on Windows if you get the standalone free, which seems fully functional and then have to pay extra for the VST, It's the same pay model as VCV rack 2 which has just been released too.

Good Luck. Like I said, I haven't encountered any PayWalls or limitations on the Mac App in the last 2 days...so I am sure it's some weird oversight or Bug with the Windows version...but who knows. We can just blame the BlockChain now :open_mouth:

ahh I have found the VST :) it was in the vst 3 folder

• @Carnbot said:

@echoopera said:

@Carnbot said:

WOOOHOOO!!! Stupid Windows file management system!!!

• wimwim
    edited December 2021

@echoopera said:
    ... We can just blame the BlockChain now :open_mouth:

Ha! @richardyot predicted this! It's just one more sign it's all going to come crumbling down around us soon. :p

• @echoopera said:

@Carnbot said:

@echoopera said:

@Carnbot said:

WOOOHOOO!!! Stupid Windows file management system!!!

Nice, I still can't find the Push 2 option which is one thing I was excited about, but this is great to jam with....

• edited December 2021

Hrmmm...should be there under the GEAR. Second from the bottom:

• edited December 2021

@echoopera said:
    Hrmmm...should be there under the GEAR. Second from the bottom:

Not there on Windows VST yet, maybe they're still putting it in...

Yeah just read on discord it's still being worked on

• @Poppadocrock said:

@gusgranite said:
    So what’s the business model now?

I noticed in settings there is an opt To request a delete of all your data. Not sure if that is new, since I’m new to endless.

Tried last night and lost an hour easy. It was way cool.

I mean, how will the app make money and be sustainable if using the service is now free? They must have different model now. Anyone know what it is?

• edited December 2021

@gusgranite said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@gusgranite said:

I noticed in settings there is an opt To request a delete of all your data. Not sure if that is new, since I’m new to endless.

I mean, how will the app make money and be sustainable if using the service is now free? They must have different model now. Anyone know what it is?

It is an anarco-cryptoclist commune.

• @AudioGus said:

@gusgranite said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@gusgranite said:

It is an anarcocrypto commune.

Ah, veggie-powered. I get it now.

• @gusgranite said:

@AudioGus said:

@gusgranite said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@gusgranite said:

It is an anarcocrypto commune.

Ah, veggie-powered. I get it now.

Nay, Glutton free!

• OK this explains it. It’s a newfangled NFT based royalty system. I can sleep easy now.

https://www.blog.endlesss.fm/post/endlesss-transition-statement

• edited August 2022

The beta just dropped on Endlesss it’s now a AU Host. This is terrific news.

• @Jumpercollins said:

:o :o :o

This is HUGE.

• edited August 2022

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Jumpercollins said:

This is HUGE.

Ok first 5 minutes we back to the StageLight days its a crash fest for me anyhow trying to scan AU,s and Effects AU,s. Must be a thing with cross platform apps. Maybe Tim needs a word with the Zenbeats dev team. Our keep trying and yes I know it’s a beta. I reported it already.

• edited August 2022

Deleted.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Jumpercollins said:

This is HUGE.

Ok first 5 minutes we back to the StageLight days its a crash fest for me anyhow trying to scan AU,s and Effects AU,s. Must be a thing with cross platform apps. Maybe Tim needs a word with the Zenbeats dev team. Our keep trying and yes I know it’s a beta. I reported it already.

Too bad, but I'm sure it'll get sorted. I'm not on the beta; is there a way to get included that you know about?

• edited August 2022

@lukesleepwalker sent you a link. Hope it works. Just downloaded the beta on my iPhone 13 Pro Max seems a bit more stable.

Loopy Pro inside Endlesss should be interesting! The music mind boggles!

• @Jumpercollins Thanks and yes, I'm thinking of Loopy Pro as the AU in Endlesss. Going back/forth between LP (host), convert to AU project and then jam in Endlessss. HELLO!

• edited August 2022

I've downloaded the latest beta for iOS (I’m using iPhone 8+), but cannot see any AUV3 plug-in bar at the top.
    Do I have to have a certain ‘role’ or am I missing something ?

I’ve read in the past on Discord about changes but can’t remember the effect it has on your account (if at all)

• edited August 2022

I tried Endlesss on my iPad and ditched the app after I discovered that it only seems to support portrait mode. For my setup a show stopper as I have cables connected to my iPad, and I do not want any of them at the bottom side. Can any of the beta testers tell me if they fixed this ?

• @dasgoods said:
    I've downloaded the latest beta for iOS (I’m using iPhone 8+), but cannot see any AUV3 plug-in bar at the top.
    Do I have to have a certain ‘role’ or am I missing something ?

I’ve read in the past on Discord about changes but can’t remember the effect it has on your account (if at all)

You have to tap on the instrument button first (drum icon) and you’ll see the AUv3 options at top right:

• @catherder said:
    I tried Endlesss on my iPad and ditched the app after I discovered that it only seems to support portrait mode. For my setup a show stopper as I have cables connected to my iPad, and I do not want any of them at the bottom side. Can any of the beta testers tell me if they fixed this ?

It is still portrait only.

• Yeah the portrait only thing… I don’t get it. I’ll look into the app if they ever add landscape view. Otherwise it just doesn’t work with my setup.

• Only getting partial results on the auv3 scan - but so far, what IS working is a dream come true. What a lovely lil music maker Endlesss is.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

You have to tap on the instrument button first (drum icon) and you’ll see the AUv3 options at top right:

Brilliant! I haven’t used Endlesss in a long while now, putting all my time into Koala and AUM.

I forgot how much fun it is!

• Woah, didn’t know this was coming. Huge for me.

• Yer shame it’s a portrait iPhone only experience still you of thought with the desktop version out they would create a better experience on iPad. Still a lot of fun now AU is coming.

• edited August 2022

For the record, I just asked about landscape mode again and the response from them was that while they want that too at some point, changing it is "non-trivial" and does not fit with their current development priorities. I get it, it's been brought up numerous times (including by myself a few times), but they are making advances in leaps and bounds with the entire Endlesss ecosystem so I certainly cannot fault them for not making that the top priority.

While I LOVE :heart: Endlesss and it has literally revolutionized my musical workflow and multiplied my productivity many times over, I have to admit that my ideal workflow after much trial and error isn't really using the iOS app (other than for casual sessions) but attaching my iPad to a Macbook running the MacOS version of Endlesss using IDAM. That allows several advantages as I can continue to use AUM for app hosting and FX chaining (I think that is coming natively to Endlesss soon too but don't quote me) plus I can map my controllers to the apps through the Mac since Endlesss on iOS is still in need of MIDI routing capability.

It's really elegant. I encourage you to try it out if it fits your workflow as all versions are free! The community on Discord is also really wonderful. :heart: