Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster 2 for iPad arrives: "no compromise" port of SynthMaster 2.9 VST/AU/AAX synth

Comments

• @muzka said:
    Sorry if this has been asked but couldn't see an answer. I have a 1 above my app and can't seem to find out why, anyone know?

I have it too, it's a notification that doesn't pop-up when opening Synthmaster2 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Weird, i looked everywhere for a message or alert but nothing

@sharifkerbage said:

@muzka said:
    Sorry if this has been asked but couldn't see an answer. I have a 1 above my app and can't seem to find out why, anyone know?

I have it too, it's a notification that doesn't pop-up when opening Synthmaster2 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Youtube and Instagram Giveaways + demo of my 70+ favorite factory presets

• edited July 2021

@juevlorde said:
    A sound designers dream, and if you aren’t into that just buying the IAPs gives you 4.000 presets, more sound then you will ever need.

It cost 60 bucks to have it all, but, in my case, the best spended money the last ten years for me concering music software!

Synthmaster 2 for iPad - pure addiction!

• Unfortunately I have problems to connect the parameters via MIDI learn with a controller.
    Is MIDI Learn maybe limited to the 11 controller numbers offered?

I expect to be able to connect ANY controller via MIDI Learn.

• @Dobre_Trava said:
    It’s written that the desktop pack has already been purchased. Trying to download it results with error. Downloading progress is interrupt at 0%.

hello, it seems there was an server issue, I just fixed that. Can you please try again?

• @blue_heron said:
    Unfortunately I have problems to connect the parameters via MIDI learn with a controller.

you can midi learn most of the parameters, just tap on a knob and a menu will pop up, at the bottom you should see the midi learn option

• @blue_heron said:
    Unfortunately I have problems to connect the parameters via MIDI learn with a controller.

Which parameters have you tried to learn but couldn't? In standalone or AU? Which OS version?

• @lbiyikoglu said:

@Dobre_Trava said:
    It’s written that the desktop pack has already been purchased. Trying to download it results with error. Downloading progress is interrupt at 0%.

hello, it seems there was an server issue, I just fixed that. Can you please try again?

I tried again but still cannot restore the Desktop Presets Upgrade :/

• @sharifkerbage said:

@lbiyikoglu said:

@Dobre_Trava said:

can you please try again now?

• I have same issue of not being able to restore Desktop Presets upgrade - I have requested help from KV331, but reply hasn't helped

• @lbiyikoglu said:

@sharifkerbage said:

@lbiyikoglu said:

@Dobre_Trava said:

can you please try again now?

Tried again, and nothing.......

• Confused about FX routing - assuming the FX can be insert FX or buss/AUX send FX? but I can't find how to get to the bus FX. When I press the FX button above the bottom right panel, this seems to show layer specific FX, not global/AUX send FX.

• edited August 2021

@McM said:
    Confused about FX routing - assuming the FX can be insert FX or buss/AUX send FX? but I can't find how to get to the bus FX. When I press the FX button above the bottom right panel, this seems to show layer specific FX, not global/AUX send FX.

Can you post a picture? Is this in standalone or AU?

When I go to the FX page in the standalone, there are buttons at the upper-left for Layer 1, Layer 2, FX Bus 1, FX Bus 2

• I think you just showed me what I was looking for. I completely missed the FX button on the top middle left beside the preset name!

• @lbiyikoglu said:

@Dobre_Trava said:

Synthmaster Player’s pack started downloading normally. Desktop upgrade pack is seen as purchased, but an attempt to download also ends with an error.

• edited August 2021

Hi guys,

We have good news regarding the infamous 'crackle' issue in our products: Looks like our code was not taking advantage of AVAudioEngine API introduced after iOS 13 (we were still using older AudioUnit API). So, for devices running on iOS 13 and above, we will now take advantage of the recent AVAudioEngine API, which seems like fixed the crackle issue, YAY!!! :) Expect new betas next week!

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    Hi guys,

We have good news regarding the infamous 'crackle' issue in our products: Looks like our code was not taking advantage of AVAudioEngine API introduced after iOS 13 (we were still using older AudioUnit API). So, for devices running on iOS 13 and above, we will now take advantage of the recent AVAudioEngine API, which seems like fixed the crackle issue, YAY!!! :) Expect new betas next week!

Great news!!!!

We are so glad for this!!

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I hope all developers take note.

• edited August 2021

I also observed an interesting behavior: When SynthMaster One was running in the background, SynthMaster was still producing crackles. (We haven't updated SynthMaster One yet). So my theory is: If any app is using old code (AudioUnit) for audio I/O, there would be crackles in the system. So I guess the workaround would be to close those apps.

• Just out of curiosity, is there like any semi-practical way for end-users to check if an app uses AVAudioEngine API or the old AudioUnit code?

I feel like this is the same level of 'thing' that needs fixing just like enabling edge-protection for touch-screen instruments so the dock doesn't interfere with the on-screen piano keyboard causing lag or adding basic support for share-sheet/document picker for import & export related things.

@kv331audio_bulent I'm happy that you've found a solution, let's just hope the other apps will behave as well and start to use the more modern API's but I guess it's a balance of loosing existing customers (<iOS13) who are afraid to keep their iOS devices up-to-date...

Cheers!

• @Samu said:
    Just out of curiosity, is there like any semi-practical way for end-users to check if an app uses AVAudioEngine API or the old AudioUnit code?

I feel like this is the same level of 'thing' that needs fixing just like enabling edge-protection for touch-screen instruments so the dock doesn't interfere with the on-screen piano keyboard causing lag or adding basic support for share-sheet/document picker for import & export related things.

@kv331audio_bulent I'm happy that you've found a solution, let's just hope the other apps will behave as well and start to use the more modern API's but I guess it's a balance of loosing existing customers (<iOS13) who are afraid to keep their iOS devices up-to-date...

Cheers!

Unfortunately there's no way to check if the app uses the newer APIs.

In our code we added if @available(iOS 13,*) conditions so that the code uses the new APIs on iOS 13 and above.

• Sounds like an issue Apple should address on the OS side, too.

I also observed an interesting behavior: When SynthMaster One was running in the background, SynthMaster was still producing crackles. (We haven't updated SynthMaster One yet). So my theory is: If any app is using old code (AudioUnit) for audio I/O, there would be crackles in the system. So I guess the workaround would be to close those apps.

This is quite a discovery…there are likely many apps using the older API

• @espiegel123 said:
    Sounds like an issue Apple should address on the OS side, too.

Indeed unless the old 'AudioUnit API' is part of the deprecated IAA stuff...
    ...in which case it's up to the developers to modernize their apps...

• @Samu said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Sounds like an issue Apple should address on the OS side, too.

Indeed unless the old 'AudioUnit API' is part of the deprecated IAA stuff...
    ...in which case it's up to the developers to modernize their apps...

Even if it is deprecated -- I think Apple would be creating a nightmare for both users and developers. It isn't within the realm of practical expectations to expect all developers to update to iOS 14-only calls for all existing AUv3s. IMO, this sounds like a bug that slipped through testing.

• @espiegel123 said:

Even if it is deprecated -- I think Apple would be creating a nightmare for both users and developers. It isn't within the realm of practical expectations to expect all developers to update to iOS 14-only calls for all existing AUv3s. IMO, this sounds like a bug that slipped through testing.

It's iOS13 and up...
    ...and iPadOS15 is a just few months away.

It's almost 2+ years since IAA was 'deprecated' with plenty of time to migrate to the new APIs which doesn't mean it has to be AUv3, but the other method of dealing with audio...
    (AVAudioEngine API instead of the 'old' AudioUnit which is not the same as AUv3).

I'm happy that the dev found the issue and a work-around for his app :sunglasses:

• edited August 2021

Been on holiday but when playing with SM2 in standalone again now I am having extensive hanging notes issues using Novation Launchkey controllers, both the Mini and 61- key version Mk3, firmware 1.1. Sent a bug report. Using other synths without this issue.

No issues when using it as an AUv3 in a host as it seems.

Anyone else?

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @kv331audio_bulent

Ableton Link and and selecting Midi ports are not visible in stand-alone.
    Current beta version.

• @Gravitas said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

Ableton Link and and selecting Midi ports are not visible in stand-alone.
    Current beta version.

Why beta version?

The latest retail version is the same as last beta…