Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioModern Chordjam Released! Video Walkthrough (Winners announced)

Comments

• edited May 2021

Anyone know if there are any plans to make this universal?

• @Svetlovska said:
    I do hope they sort the wav to midi detection thing. I’d want to buy the app for that function alone. I use it all the time in Ableton to make musical sense out of an interesting wav I’ve generated in AUM or AudioStretch, it’d be great to have an equivalent directly inside AUM.

Absolutely. I've made a few app purchases trying to get this functionality on iPad but they were so underwhelming I don't even remember the names of those apps

• @Fingolfinzz said:

They want to but they got complaints about the small size of Riffer on phone so they are still deciding whether it is feasible or not

• @Gavinski said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

They want to but they got complaints about the small size of Riffer on phone so they are still deciding whether it is feasible or not

Ahh bummer, hopefully they do but I know people can leave some garbage reviews without considering how difficult it can be developing with iOS and a million different resolutions. I could see the challenge with this one though for sure without breaking it up to different tabs

• It's pretty much impossible to use at the default size it opens at in aum, you need to expand it quite large to use it, I personally doubt an iPhone version will be feasible without a major redesign. The small number of iPhone users probably makes it not worth their while

• Does Chordjam have any standalone function with built in sounds or plugin only?

• edited May 2021

@Ailerom said:
    Does Chordjam have any standalone function with built in sounds or plugin only?

Standalone with one built in sound, a kind of pretty nice and mellow organ sound. But of course, from standalone you can also send its midi out to other standalone apps etc

• @Gavinski said:

@Ailerom said:
    Does Chordjam have any standalone function with built in sounds or plugin only?

Standalone with one built in sound, a kind of pretty nice and mellow organ sound. But of course, from standalone you can also send its midi out to other standalone apps etc

Great, thank you.

• is there a"learn" function as well?

• @Crabman said:
    is there a"learn" function as well?

It has a setting in sections where you can assign CCs to various parameters, but it doesn't have midi learn, as such. Nor are the parameters exposed to hosts, though they will be in the first update

• edited May 2021

Can someone try triggering ChordJam in AUM with pre-roll on? I reported it Audiomodern, but does anyone else not get any chords with pre-roll on? Chords work after pressing play, but not before for me.

• @echoopera said:
    Quick little setup here:

You can grab the Drambo file in the description on YouTube as well. Just make sure you have PlayBeat, Factory and ChordJam to enjoy.

Happy noodling 👊🏼™️

Note that you will need to load your own drum kit sounds for PlayBeat…

@echoopera It appears your video is not on your YouTube channel yet ……..can’t find it.

• @StudioSisu said:

@echoopera said:
    Quick little setup here:

You can grab the Drambo file in the description on YouTube as well. Just make sure you have PlayBeat, Factory and ChordJam to enjoy.

Happy noodling 👊🏼™️

@echoopera It appears your video is not on your YouTube channel yet ……..can’t find it.

That should do it

• edited May 2021

@reasOne said:

@StudioSisu said:

@echoopera said:
    Quick little setup here:

Happy noodling 👊🏼™️

That should do it

Stuff lIke this you know that the iPad is the future of music creation…. NICE..

Edit.. The instruments are there, let’s see what the hosts-creators bring to the table..

Global Snapshots….😎

• I know what the answer is so no need to say it, regardless, I'd love some more internal sounds for tinkering in standalone mode. Would be helpful just to quickly add chords when playing guitar if I come up with something. The default sound is not bad but would prefer a few options. Piano, Guitar, String, Mountain Goat Bleat (just the first 3 would be great actually).

• @Gavinski said:

@Crabman said:
    is there a"learn" function as well?

It has a setting in sections where you can assign CCs to various parameters, but it doesn't have midi learn, as such. Nor are the parameters exposed to hosts, though they will be in the first update

ah sorry,i wasn`t clear enough.I meant a learn function for chords ;) Thanks,i think i gonna buy it for mac anyway.

• I really love the way this integrates with Riffer. Used Riffer to send notes to Chordjam. Used Chordjam to arpeggiate the notes with triggers and fed Chordjam to Cality. Sent Chordjam to Synthmaster One and both Chordjam and Cality to BS-16 with a Spanish Guitar sound font. Added a little Rock Drum Machine to hold down the rhythm.

It goes on a bit long but I tried to show how each thing was connected in AUM. Guess I should work on my video editing skills.

• Nice! The ability to set different arp values using triggers is one of my favourite features of this app. I'm encouraging them to add trigger sections to as many parts of the app as possible - basically anywhere that would benefit from more control over randomization.

• Can this thing do the same thing as ChordPolyPad? Where you can search for randomized chords in a scale? Or do you have to set up a different chord type everytime you want a new chord?

• @Jusch1995 said:
    Can this thing do the same thing as ChordPolyPad? Where you can search for randomized chords in a scale? Or do you have to set up a different chord type everytime you want a new chord?

Randomization is the key feature of ChordJam!

• @Jusch1995 said:
    Can this thing do the same thing as ChordPolyPad? Where you can search for randomized chords in a scale? Or do you have to set up a different chord type everytime you want a new chord?

Not only can it randomise chords, using the trigger function you can set exactly and easily which chords you will allow it to randomly select from a list of about 40 or so for each scale.

• edited May 2021

Hope we get the Drag and Drop (Midi) as the Desktop (on the main screen)..

• @RajahP said:
    Hope we get the Drag and Drop (Midi) as the Desktop (on the main screen)..

Would be nice! Drag'n'drop straight into Atom 2 :)

• They are hoping to implement that, I already told them Atom has it, but they mentioned some issues which I forget. They're definitely looking into it

• xorxor
    edited May 2021

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Jusch1995 said:

One thing I haven’t been able to figure out from the videos and comments is how chordjam chooses the chord based on the incoming/pressed note. Given the same root/scale/chord-type will the same incoming note always generate the same chord or will it pick from among a selection of chords that match the chord settings?

• @MadeofWax said:
    I really love the way this integrates with Riffer. Used Riffer to send notes to Chordjam. Used Chordjam to arpeggiate the notes with triggers and fed Chordjam to Cality. Sent Chordjam to Synthmaster One and both Chordjam and Cality to BS-16 with a Spanish Guitar sound font. Added a little Rock Drum Machine to hold down the rhythm.

It goes on a bit long but I tried to show how each thing was connected in AUM. Guess I should work on my video editing skills.

Nice, so you are essentially using Cality for probability?

• @xor said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Jusch1995 said:

One thing I haven’t been able to figure out from the videos and comments is how chordjam chooses the chord based on the incoming/pressed note. Given the same root/scale/chord-type will the same incoming note always generate the same chord or will it pick from among a selection of chords that match the chord settings?

It will play the same chord on the same incoming note unless you use the trigger function in which case it will randomly select between a bunch of different chord types which you can filter down to as many or as few as you like. Also, if you set infinity mode on voices section, you can get different voicings with each note pressed.

• edited May 2021

@lukesleepwalker said:

@MadeofWax said:
    I really love the way this integrates with Riffer. Used Riffer to send notes to Chordjam. Used Chordjam to arpeggiate the notes with triggers and fed Chordjam to Cality. Sent Chordjam to Synthmaster One and both Chordjam and Cality to BS-16 with a Spanish Guitar sound font. Added a little Rock Drum Machine to hold down the rhythm.

Cality for accents and a little swing. I know Chordjam has velocity and swing, I just feel like the combination sounds more like a doubled guitar. Just enough to make it (hopefully) sound less robotic.

• @MadeofWax said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@MadeofWax said:

Cality for accents and a little swing. I know Chordjam has velocity and swing, I just feel like the combination sounds more like a doubled guitar. Just enough to make it (hopefully) sound less robotic.

cool, sounds good. I use Cality for the same in other use cases. It just works!

• Is Ableton Link broke on this can’t turn it on in standalone mode?