Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioModern Chordjam Released! Video Walkthrough (Winners announced)

Comments

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Is Ableton Link broke on this can’t turn it on in standalone mode?

It works perfectly in standalone mode on my iPad. Just tried it and no problem.

• Thanks for the answers:

2 more question.
    I see there is a voice tap, but always only 5 voices. Does that mean 5 voices chords are Max?

I saw on a video there is a drag the midi put feature on desktop, does this also work on iOS?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @lukesleepwalker said:

@MadeofWax said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@MadeofWax said:
    I really love the way this integrates with Riffer. Used Riffer to send notes to Chordjam. Used Chordjam to arpeggiate the notes with triggers and fed Chordjam to Cality. Sent Chordjam to Synthmaster One and both Chordjam and Cality to BS-16 with a Spanish Guitar sound font. Added a little Rock Drum Machine to hold down the rhythm.

It goes on a bit long but I tried to show how each thing was connected in AUM. Guess I should work on my video editing skills.

Nice, so you are essentially using Cality for probability?

Cality for accents and a little swing. I know Chordjam has velocity and swing, I just feel like the combination sounds more like a doubled guitar. Just enough to make it (hopefully) sound less robotic.

cool, sounds good. I use Cality for the same in other use cases. It just works!

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.(That goes for you too Gavinski)
    I held off on buying Cality for a long time but now I seem to find a use for it in almost every project.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Is Ableton Link broke on this can’t turn it on in standalone mode?

It works perfectly in standalone mode on my iPad. Just tried it and no problem.

Not working here…

• @Samu said:

@RajahP said:
    Hope we get the Drag and Drop (Midi) as the Desktop (on the main screen)..

Would be nice! Drag'n'drop straight into Atom 2 :)

The Seq works ‘sometimes’ from the files section…

• @Gavinski said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    For once I’m glad I didn’t win… I couldn’t wait. Bought it already. Cheers Gav.

I noticed u seemed unlikely to wait for this one!

Lol. Yea I was really into this one from the start. I love all things midi, I work with chords most of the time, and anything with some cool randomization features instantly peaks my interest. So it pretty much hit several of my main buttons. I’m definitely enjoying it but haven’t spent a ton of time with it yet. I need to finish your video/read the manual to figure out a few parts, but so far I’m really enjoying it.

• @Owgill said:
    @Gavinski could you ask the developer if each voice could be sent to different midi channels. Thanks!

I have requested that.

@Owgill said:
    Also a random and selectable trigger feature on voice mutes would be be interesting.

This has been asked for

Why are there only 5 voices and not more?

No idea, might be a good feature request! Ask them

I don't want to set myself up as a go between for every request, please contact them via twitter or the form in their website, their support is excellent.

• @Jusch1995 said:
    Thanks for the answers:

2 more question.
    I see there is a voice tap, but always only 5 voices. Does that mean 5 voices chords are Max?

I saw on a video there is a drag the midi put feature on desktop, does this also work on iOS?

Yeah, 5 max. Drag and drop does not yet work, I requested it, hopefully they cna implement it.

• @reasOne said:

@StudioSisu said:

@echoopera said:
    Quick little setup here:

You can grab the Drambo file in the description on YouTube as well. Just make sure you have PlayBeat, Factory and ChordJam to enjoy.

Happy noodling 👊🏼™️

Note that you will need to load your own drum kit sounds for PlayBeat…

@echoopera It appears your video is not on your YouTube channel yet ……..can’t find it.

That should do it

@echoopera. Got it. Thanks!

• @Gavinski

I really like this app , but i have some issues

The voices are sliders but they only work as buttons. They dont slide.
    Same for the 1,2,3,4,5 switches. They should be buttons with numbers in front. And not look like switches when they dont respond to a slide/switch gesture.

Human sees slider, muscle memory of human will do what first ?
    Slide first again and again. Human gets annoyed. Human gets wrong signals.
    Starts to hate your product no matter how great it is🤟🏻

Same for all the thin sliders. Close to eachother. Tiny buttons. ( ipad Air btw )
    These type of basic design issues should not be present if you charge this app amount.
    Its worth it, when the details are solid. Maybe many users dont care about these things, but i wanted ask anyway.

When i play Animoog or press buttons, turn knob on any other app that Is 5-10 year old i feel that the touch response is there like it should be.
    But for some reason many developers forget this part all the time.
    If anyone knows which programming layer causes this sticky, slowish, annoyish delay.
    Because this app definately has tyat.

This is not to bash, i really like the app. in general, but these things are serious workflow blockers and dealbreakers to me.
    Thank you for reading me complaining😎🤟🏻

• I seem to recall some kind of bundle (or adding Chordjam to the existing audiomodern bundle) was apparently on the way. Is there any update on this you guys may have heard about?

• Those bundles always seem to take forever....

• @Gavinski said:
    Those bundles always seem to take forever....

Yeah, but I'll wait on this one, no rush...
    (FAC Drumkit, Bram's Hammerhead and few others have higher priority for my cash).

Even though I already grabbed CubeSynth Pro I suspect there will be a bundle for it like some other apps from the same dev.

• @ervin I thought about waiting for an updated bundle, but considering the small difference in price for the existing bundle to buying the apps individually and Apple's history of bundle math, I decided it wasn't worth the wait.

• @telecharge said:
    @ervin I thought about waiting for an updated bundle, but considering the small difference in price for the existing bundle to buying the apps individually and Apple's history of bundle math, I decided it wasn't worth the wait.

Fair point, thanks for the tip. 👍

• Didn't see this mentioned yet...

• @MadeofWax said:
    I really love the way this integrates with Riffer. Used Riffer to send notes to Chordjam. Used Chordjam to arpeggiate the notes with triggers and fed Chordjam to Cality. Sent Chordjam to Synthmaster One and both Chordjam and Cality to BS-16 with a Spanish Guitar sound font. Added a little Rock Drum Machine to hold down the rhythm.

It goes on a bit long but I tried to show how each thing was connected in AUM. Guess I should work on my video editing skills.

Woah. This is some mad scientist shit right here!

• @louis said:

@MadeofWax said:

Thanks. AUM makes experimenting with midi so easy that I'm always looking for interesting combinations. Really happy to add Chordjam to the mix. Appreciate you giving my post a listen.

• @louis said:

@MadeofWax said:

I like both the experiment and the perfect description of it. 👌

• I like it, but It might be CPU heavy or I am wrong? I used to load multiple instances of model d with KB-1 keyboard and everything worked fine. When I load a chordjam and one instance model d aum starts to slow down a lot

• @KMTGN I am experiencing the same issue too with CPU overload In AUM and I suspect Chordjam is to blame

• @Owgill said:

@Gavinski said:

@Owgill said:
    @Gavinski could you ask the developer if each voice could be sent to different midi channels. Thanks!

I have requested that.

@Owgill said:
    Also a random and selectable trigger feature on voice mutes would be be interesting.

This has been asked for

Why are there only 5 voices and not more?

No idea, might be a good feature request! Ask them

I don't want to set myself up as a go between for every request, please contact them via twitter or the form in their website, their support is excellent.

My apologies for thinking you were a conduit for asking for functionality improvements. I’ll definitely stop asking. Message received @Gavinski

👍

• edited June 2021

I was thinking of buying Chordjam. But then got the news that Scaler will be available in iOS soon. Considering that fact I am wondering is there any additional feature Chordjam offers that Scaler does not have? For example automatic change of chord type, voicings, etc. Maybe this feature already available Scaler - please correct me).
    Also, there is a "Key lock with chord extension to white keys" feature in Scaler that is used mostly for live performance. It is basically restricting to chord notes’ option that transposes the white keys to the notes of the chords played by the chord. Is this option available in Chordjam?
    Here is example of "Key lock with Chord extension" to make you understand what I mean starting at 9:13 -

• I wish you could create multiple progressions, either with multiple user lines, or separate patterns for the sequencer and then chain them together, like a song mode…

• @sujoybose77 said:
    I was thinking of buying Chordjam. But then got the news that Scaler will be available in iOS soon. Considering that fact I am wondering is there any additional feature Chordjam offers that Scaler does not have? For example automatic change of chord type, voicings, etc. Maybe this feature already available Scaler - please correct me).
    Also, there is a "Key lock with chord extension to white keys" feature in Scaler that is used mostly for live performance. It is basically restricting to chord notes’ option that transposes the white keys to the notes of the chords played by the chord. Is this option available in Chordjam?
    Here is example of "Key lock with Chord extension" to make you understand what I mean starting at 9:13 -

It will be! Holy hell! This is awesome news!

• @Poppadocrock said:

@sujoybose77 said:

It will be! Holy hell! This is awesome news!

Holy moly, Scaler 2 is amazing!