Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioModern Chordjam Released! Video Walkthrough (Winners announced)

12346»

Comments

• Just downloaded 2.4 version of Scaler 2 came in at a modest just under 1GB. Hope the iOS version is as complete would be amazing. It’s my favourite VST by far.

• Don’t want to get to a track but here’s the discussion about scaler 2 coming to iPad.

https://forum.scalerplugin.com/t/are-you-thinking-about-ios-scaler/2905/8

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Just downloaded 2.4 version of Scaler 2 came in at a modest just under 1GB. Hope the iOS version is as complete would be amazing. It’s my favourite VST by far.

Seriously? 1 gig of scale data? 🤔

• I’m going to assume that a lot of that size is the built-in sounds, which are excellent.

• Chordjam patch. Kind of trippy.

• Per AudioModern, a new update should be released next week and it will incorporate some of the most requested features

• @Musicfan said:
    Per AudioModern, a new update should be released next week and it will incorporate some of the most requested features

Thanks.. looking forward to this..

• @Musicfan said:
    Per AudioModern, a new update should be released next week and it will incorporate some of the most requested features

I thought it was pretty much perfect already.
    Excited to see what else they can incorporate.

• Apparently the update will have at least 10 new features

• edited September 2021

I really hope we can easily import chord progressions from Midi Files and convert them to Custom Progressions for use in ChordJam :) I love this feature in MPC Beats on the desktop.

• edited September 2021

@echoopera said:
    I really hope we can easily import chord progressions from Midi Files and convert them to Custom Progressions for use in ChordJam :) I love this feature in MPC Beats on the desktop.

I find importing midi into MPC Beats challenging…

Also, Chordjam seems to have timing issues… and no AUv3.. or is it me?

• @RajahP said:

@echoopera said:

Strange. Drag and drop easy peezy over here.

It’s both stand alone and AUv3 on iOS. VST3 on desktop.

• edited September 2021

@echoopera said:

@RajahP said:

@echoopera said:

Thanks.. found the ChordJam’s Auv3…

I thought it was established that MPC midi import was a bummer.. as this video shows that you must jump thru hoops to do it..

• The following new features will be in the upcoming update

• Added Voicing Inversions
    • Lock Individual Voices
    • Added Individual MIDI outputs (Sequencers/Keys/Pads)
    • Added Voicing Distribution (individual MIDI channels)
    • Added MIDI file Detection
    • Added Arp Trigger
    • Option to Trigger Pads & Presets from Keyboard
    • Export/Share Presets across Different Devices
    • Added Redo Button
    • Option to Edit a Chord once it is stored into a Pad
    • Added Modulation Functionality
    • Added Sustain Pedal Functionality
    • Added Velocity Input Detection Mode

• edited September 2021

@RajahP said:

@echoopera said:

@RajahP said:

@echoopera said:

Thanks.. found the ChordJam’s Auv3…

I thought it was established that MPC midi import was a bummer.. as this video shows that you must jump thru hoops to do it..

Nah...Easy Peezy. I'm talking about easily creating Chord Progressions to be used in any project using the MPC software:

• edited September 2021

@vasilymilovidov said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    Now that i use only pc for music :-( I undersatnd why You guys said that Ipad apps are so cheap... same app that I have oin my Ipad cost literally a ton on mac/pc. Also this 39.00 vs 7.99 woowow

it won't be like that much longer. ipad pro with m1 chip, then a major update for ipados, next is logic pro for ios and then we'll be paying crazy money for these apps.

And all of our old apps won't work with the new chip. The ol' switcheroo. Heavy reverb, bit of delay, turn it down an octave "

Remember buying those classic albums... again? Ditching your tapes for discs? Well Apple gets a slice of that action, baby, with the all new App Store! That's right, kids. Fuck you and the hard drive you rode in on, we've made your entire library obsolete lol. See you in the... AAAAALL NEWWWW... App Store. Thanks for playing."

• edited September 2021

@Musicfan said:

I guess, any day now...

• Version 1.1.1 is out:

• Lock Individual Voices
    • Added Arp Trigger
    • Added Redo Button

• edited September 2021

This is a great update ... Chordjam really needed some additional functionality in the VOICES section and the new functionality is great.

It's now really close to what I was hoping for i.e. to be able to limit the Octave shift of individual voices to e.g. only "0" and "+12" ... but the new Inversions + the Lock voice function gives essentially the same results as I had in mind i.e. being able to limit the Voicing randomisation in a much more musical way e.g. in settings where you want to limit randomisation to the upper voices to maintain a more stable chordal base around the root notes.

• @White said:
    Version 1.1.1 is out:

• Lock Individual Voices
    • Added Arp Trigger
    • Added Redo Button

Thanks... Digging in..

• Yesssssss! Love this app happy to see improvements.

Don’t forget their bundle with all 3 AUDIOMODERN apps.

• @craftycurate said:
    This is a great update ... Chordjam really needed some additional functionality in the VOICES section and the new functionality is great.

It's now really close to what I was hoping for i.e. to be able to limit the Octave shift of individual voices to e.g. only "0" and "+12" ... but the new Inversions + the Lock voice function gives essentially the same results as I had in mind i.e. being able to limit the Voicing randomisation in a much more musical way e.g. in settings where you want to limit randomisation to the upper voices to maintain a more stable chordal base around the root notes.

Agreed.

• edited September 2021

@Poppadocrock said:

@craftycurate said:

Agreed.

The following settings work really well for keeping a stable chord root, with all the variation in the upper registers, and I haven’t had notes 4 or 5 dipping below the root, and creating an unwanted inverted chord.

Thinking about it, I guess that shouldn’t be a surprise since VOICE #1 is always the lowest note of the generated chord, and if it’s set to -12 then it’s not possible for any of the higher notes to end up being lower than it.

I wonder if you’ve tried this new functionality @Gavinski as I remember chatting with you here about the limits of the VOICES section in the initial release?

• @Poppadocrock : Not happening . That scaler thread is dated April 2020 and I got an email in November 2020 stating that it would not be happening anytime soon.

• @craftycurate said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@craftycurate said:

Agreed.

The following settings work really well for keeping a stable chord root, with all the variation in the upper registers, and I haven’t had notes 4 or 5 dipping below the root, and creating an unwanted inverted chord.

Thinking about it, I guess that shouldn’t be a surprise since VOICE #1 is always the lowest note of the generated chord, and if it’s set to -12 then it’s not possible for any of the higher notes to end up being lower than it.

I wonder if you’ve tried this new functionality @Gavinski as I remember chatting with you here about the limits of the VOICES section in the initial release?

I haven't yet but I'm really glad that Audiomodern added all this. They are truly a very responsive dev.

• Has anyone been able to get CC# routing working with the Trigger Pads and external / internal gear? I want to be able to trigger the Trigger Pads with my LaunchPad X but the Midi CC# assignment doesn't seem to work.

I set a pad on the LPX to Midi Channel 1, CC#40, and set Trigger Pad 1 to CC#40, and to receive Midi from the LPX...but nada.
    If I play from the Chromatic keys on the LPX, the correct keys play on the Piano Keys in ChordJam.

I've sent Audio Modern an email with my question/issue.

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance/insight.

Cheers!

• Looks like it’s a small bug and will be fixed in a dot release. 😉