Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iConnectivity Audio 4C

Comments

• @NimboStratus said:
    I updated via Auracle but for Mac

hmm. Auracle is only for mac or windows 10.

Iconfig is a maze lol. Will have to get advise when routing ipad to ipad. I guess you turn stuff off rather than create routes for an ipad to ipad setup. I guess headphone out is activated.

Will need to see if it works from factory settings with just an ipad and volcas/mic though.

• Activating my abelton license for my commadore 64 . So I can upgrade the firmware.

• Is there a free midi file player for win 8?

• edited June 2021

Its gotta be a joke. I installed abeleton just to see if I can sort the firmware. Takes forever to intall just for the installer window to be slightly out of the screen and no way of bringing it back. Putting it back in box for now. Not looking promising if a firmware update is so complex.

• edited June 2021

@sigma79 Installing Ableton likely won't help you.

The firmware is a *.mid file (but not a normal one) and should be used with Auracle (or possibly iConfig) to update the Audio 4C's firmware.

Auracle online manual: Appendix 1: Updating firmware manually.

iirc, it's first recommended to disconnect all cables from the Audio 4C (except power and the one USB cable). You may need to put the Audio 4C in 'update mode'.

I don't have the Audio 4C, but updating the iConnectAudio4+ was possible with iConfig.

• edited June 2021

iConnectivity just responded to my email:

The new AUDIO4c will work with ifconfig but it is designed to work with our new Auracle for X series software, which is also Win 10 compatible.

And afahk, they aren't working on any ADAT-compatible interfaces.

• @ocelot said:
    @sigma79 Installing Ableton likely won't help you.

The v1.3.2 firmware is a *.mid file (but not a normal one) and should be used with Auracle (or possibly iConfig) to update the Audio 4C's firmware.

Auracle online manual: Appendix 1: Updating firmware manually.

iirc, it's first recommended to disconnect all cables from the Audio 4C (except power and the one USB cable). You may need to put the Audio 4C in 'update mode'.

I don't have the Audio 4C, but updating the iConnectAudio4+ was possible with iConfig.

Thanks.

Dont seem like it will work the iconfig way. Boot mode via button just powers off device but iconfig puts device in bootmode when upgrading but thats what crashes the installer.

Think I will just try the Auracle win 10 but for win 8 but pc keeps telling my it might harm computer? Whats that about.

Whats the problem with firmware updates for companies? Is it because people use different platforms?

• I got an email reply. To use either abelton etc. But seems like another midi file player might be the route. Its just rocket science for me.

• Ah, well then I highly recommend MIDI OX (Windows)! Or SysEX Librarian (Mac)!
    And if flashing fails - slow down the transmission rate.

iirc, with iConfig, it took several attempts. And the unit will power off at least once. And I recall having to manually power it back on. I like to say to prospective buyers that it's as painful as setting up a home wireless router for online gaming/VPN, or a managed network switch.

Auracle on Win 8? Try it and see.

I'm curious if the Audio 4C has only 1 Snapshot, like the iC4A+. For use without a computer, when gigging.

• For some Reasons i think i am going ta Save my Money to get a&h xone 96

• @ocelot said:
    Ah, well then I highly recommend MIDI OX (Windows)! Or SysEX Librarian (Mac)!

iirc, with iConfig, it took several attempts. And the unit will power off at least once. And I recall having to manually power it back on. I like to say to prospective buyers that it's as painful as setting up a home wireless router for online gaming/VPN, or a managed network switch.

I'm curious if the Audio 4C has only 1 Snapshot, like the iC4A+. For use without a computer, when gigging.

Windows prevents Auracle from opening.

Downloaded midi ox but have no idea about this.

Do I need to update firmware really?

• Maybe not.

Version: 1.0.2
    Date: 2021-01-06

1. Fixed a problem where device would not show up as a MIDI device after doing a warm boot into bootloader mode.

Version: 1.0.1
    Date: 2020-12-23

1. Update required for Auracle compatibility.

Version: 1.0.0
    Date: 2020-11-05

First release for manufacturing test.

There's the iConfig for Audio app for iPad. I don't know if it works with the new Audio 4C, and it doesn't do firmware updates, but try to see if it works and you can re-route stuff.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/iconfig-for-audio/id1052343956

• @ocelot said:
    Maybe not.

Version: 1.0.2
    Date: 2021-01-06

1. Fixed a problem where device would not show up as a MIDI device after doing a warm boot into bootloader mode.

Version: 1.0.1
    Date: 2020-12-23

1. Update required for Auracle compatibility.

Version: 1.0.0
    Date: 2020-11-05

First release for manufacturing test.

There's the iConfig for Audio app for iPad. I don't know if it works with the new Audio 4C, and it doesn't do firmware updates, but try to see if it works and you can re-route stuff.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/iconfig-for-audio/id1052343956

Thanks. What about iconfig and midi ox. Theres a youtube vid for midi ox but I think they still use Auracle.

• edited June 2021

In the video above, it looks like he uses Auracle to get the MIO XL into bootloader mode, then he starts the firmware upgrade, but abruptly closes Auracle while it's still updating, to fake a failed update.

Then he opens MIDI OX to play the firmware to the connected MIO XL, while it's still in bootloader mode (2 lights flashing on MIO XL). Lights on the bottom row show progress.

MIDI OX's MIDI Player is called MIDIBar. It's a separate little window. Set up the appropriate MIDI ports in MIDIBar, load the appropriate firmware file (*.mid), push play.

So the question is how to get Audio 4C in bootloader mode without using Auracle.
    To manually enable Bootloader Mode on the iConnectAudio4+:
    Bootloader mode (for manual firmware updates):
    ROTARY KNOB PUSH COMMAND: Push and hold until each meter shows a single red LED, then release.
    https://downloads.iconnectivity.com/manuals/iCA4Manual-v1-2.pdf

• @sigma79 See if this works for the Audio 4C. Then use MIDI OX and its MIDIBar.

To manually enable Bootloader Mode on the iConnectAudio4+:
    Bootloader mode (for manual firmware updates):
    ROTARY KNOB PUSH COMMAND: Push and hold until each meter shows a single red LED, then release.

• Useless now. Dosent even be seem by iconfig ( without firmware updates ) will send it back.

• iConfig hasn't been updated since 2017, so that's normal.
    Please follow the directions I posted above.

• @ocelot said:
    iConfig hasn't been updated since 2017, so that's normal.
    Please follow the directions I posted above.

Hi. Can boot mode without iconfig. Not sure how to use midi ox

• Firmware updated.

Before it would connect to iconfig via usb 1. Now it connects via usb 2.

It were manual put in boot mode via button. Then iconfig recoginsed boot mode. Then it updated.

Now its says 1.0.2.

• Awesome! I was typing this up for you. Does it look right? I may buy one soon.

• Power off Audio 4C by holding down power button for 5+ seconds.
    • Disconnect everything from Audio 4C, including USB cable and power cable.
    • Wait 2 minutes.
    • Connect only single USB cable to Audio 4C and computer.
    • Put Audio 4C in bootloader mode: Push and hold big knob until each meter shows a single red LED, then release.
    • Open MIDI OX. Open MIDIBar, click MIDI Ports icon, select Audio 4C as output destination. Click folder icon, find *.mid update file, load it. Wait a few seconds until you see the number fields get populated. Push play. Wait a few minutes and watch the LEDs on the Audio 4C for progress. Green LED means the flash went well.
  • @ocelot said:
    Ah, well then I highly recommend MIDI OX (Windows)! Or SysEX Librarian (Mac)!

Where will this info be. Iconfig?

• Does the knob actually power off device, when screen goes black?

• edited June 2021

Sounds like a soft shutdown. You may need to disconnect the power cable and USB cable (powered by USB-C ?) for a hard shutdown.

Sort of like on the iPad, where Slide to power off is a soft shutdown. (For a hard shutdown: Hold iPad's power button + Home button at the same time for a few seconds until the screen goes black, then release.) On the iPad, some data in memory (RAM) gets reloaded after a soft shutdown.

• @ocelot said:
    Awesome! I was typing this up for you. Does it look right? I may buy one soon.

• Disconnect everything from Audio 4C, including USB cable and power cable.
    • Wait 2 minutes.
    • Connect only single USB cable to Audio 4C and computer.
    • Put Audio 4C in bootloader mode: Push and hold big knob until each meter shows a single red LED, then release.
    • Open MIDI OX. Open MIDIBar, click MIDI Ports icon, select Audio 4C as output destination. Click folder icon, find *.mid update file, load it. Wait a few seconds until you see the number fields get populated. Push play. Wait a few minutes and watch the LEDs on the Audio 4C for progress. Green LED means the flash went well.

Thanks. I think you sorted it with the reboot via knob. It works like you describe ( also the power off ) but when in boot mode from button ( and maybe usb 2 ) iconfig see device as boot mode and uploaded. Where as iconfig sending boot mode were crashing the software.

Wont be buying ipad for a while but I think it should be ok. As to to not return device and should be easy for me to configure and then forget ( aum to aum, plus midi )

Let me know if theres info on iconfig from the 4c for you. I will be back soon with info.

• edited June 2021

Iconnectivity are still awful for after or pre sales support. Have you ever seen a product that is shipping through dozens of dealers and still no manual available online, Specs are everything but clear, and yet they pull off that strange product presentation movie - yes with that "order now!" Flavour, but still not useful. I would have greatly preferred the manual...

Sigma, to perform the update you have to long press the volume button for 4-5secodnds and it will enter in bootloader mode where you can upgrade.

Take care !

• @jazzmess said:
    Iconnectivity are still awful for after or pre sales support. Have you ever seen a product that is shipping through dozens of dealers and still no manual available online, Specs are everything but clear, and yet they pull off that strange product presentation movie - yes with that "order now!" Flavour, but still not useful. I would have greatly preferred the manual...

Sigma, to perform the update you have to long press the volume button for 4-5secodnds and it will enter in bootloader mode where you can upgrade.

Take care !

Thanks jazz.

Before I noticed iconfig would see device on usb1. Then before firmware updated I noticed it would only be seen on usb2. In aum. Port 2 is called port 1 and port 1 is called port 2? Can you reset device?

With the aum matrix. It goes audio4c midi din. 1 -8 HST ( which I guess is host ) Then audio 4c usb.

I guess with just a launchpad as the only usb controller I can turn off 2-7 hst? I guess midi din needs to stay even though theres also a usb, like how it would be with my zoom u44. Maybe its the nature of the device.

Its just audio when i buy another ipad. If route is made via iconfig. Does it just show as a hardware input. Along with lines 1-8?

Iconfig app dosent support the 4c.

Seems ok. Just not sure why the usbs are opposite names to input.

• I found the manual for the iConnectAUDIO4+ to be very helpful.

Seems to be virtually the same unit in functionality, with the exception of usb-C ports on the new model.

• Is it ok to drive headphones in the high orange? Seems ok.

• Made a shelf ( Sturdy ) Cant believe how bad a job the bracket screws are and I used to do Aerials for a job. Indoor sockets. The outside where its a proper commercial rig. 20 ft heavy duty scaffold pole were actually easier ( but kind of scary ) Not sure whether to paint black or be similar to drawers.