Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iConnectivity Audio 4C

Comments

• Bought one today. Really looking forward ditching all those hubs :-)

• edited May 2021

@NimboStratus said:

@sigma79 said:
    Anyone from the UK considering buying a an audio4c ( from a UK supplier ) ?

Trying to sort out a deal with iconnectivity and shops.

I guess.

I bought from Gear4Music and love it! OK not UK but I'm in the UK @sigma79

For sure? Did you buy from Sweden at checkout. Then get it delivered without paying double vat?

That would suck for me as my zoom x 2 plus capsule arnt selling ( £200+ ) Then an ipad mini £400. Then maybe launchpad x. So extra cost not good. This is mainly so I can use Mononoke on an ipad. A synth/synths via midi ( or mononoke via midi ) Then a mini ipad for semi modular synths ( which I know could be midi also ) So if I didnt use mononoke then I guess everything is ok just via midi. Obviously theres other apps + future apps. Made a live rig but will cost about 1k if zooms dont sell. Thats a lot of money just for a bit of extra control. So maybe I need to set up gear and see if everything is worthy just on an ipad. Plus I got a volca modular which I might keep still anyway. Its just with ios. You can send the same sequence to different modulars. Then use the apps themselves to make it seem a bit like different sequences. Not sure the volca will be as good but think I might still keep for its different sound over the ios modulars. Need to check mononoke again. Seemed like it were niche even with the modulars. Sometimes good tones. Sometimes maybe out of tune, when additionally playing id700 via key/unsequenced. Will try with sequences though.

• OTT with the question lol.

• @NimboStratus said:
    So you can map 18 channels out from iPAD to MAC

BUT and here is the kicker you HAVE to use iConfig. iConfig is old and not supported on latest OS.

Auracle only supports 2 channels for this.

Purchase cancelled.

iConfig runs on Big Sur 11.3.1, using it everyday

• You can use iConfig on whatever temporary CPU, the interface is supposed to store the setting in eeprom... and usually does just that.

• Does iConfig work on the latest version of Windows 10? Thinking about picking up the new Audio 4C.

• @Jeezs said:

@auxmux said:
    iConfig is so much better, used on Windows and Mac, works really well.

I'd pay more for a version of this with ADAT In and Out.

+1

+1

@Carnbot maybe edit your OP to add ADAT version interest as a poll. It is a no brainer as a flagship model addition to the product line. If it is in fact technically feasible I’m sure it would be very attractive to prospective buyers and a very tempting upgrade incentive to existing iC4 users (myself included).

• @GrnEgz_N_Hm said:

@Jeezs said:

@auxmux said:

+1

+1

@Carnbot maybe edit your OP to add ADAT version interest as a poll. It is a no brainer as a flagship model addition to the product line. If it is in fact technically feasible I’m sure it would be very attractive to prospective buyers and a very tempting upgrade incentive to existing iC4 users (myself included).

It's not possible to edit the OP now as it's too old, but you could start a new OT thread.
    Or else get in touch with iconnectivity, there's a Facebook group they are in and are open to feedback :)

• It‘s not possible to add ADAT to the iCA design, which is centered around a 4in/4out USB Codec chip. ADAT would require a complete redesign.

• damn, if they released a model with ADAT (or simply had 8 analog ins) I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Despite having wasted countless hours of my life in the insanity that is iConfig, it is certainly the best interface/midi tool of its kind.

• I got Stockholm Syndrome with iConfig. Now I love it.

• @GrnEgz_N_Hm said:

@Jeezs said:

@auxmux said:

+1

+1

I could understand not having it on the 4s, but never understood why this wouldn’t be on the play12. Or that they never made an input (rec12?) expansion box.

• How easy is it to add x 2 ipad. The 4 audio inputs. A launchpad mini to usb port. Faderfox ec4 that merges with a pc12. Send midi of these controllers to both ipads, so it shows in both aum matrix of both ipads. Then send an aum to another aum as an audio input?

• Yes all of this is possible :+) the shared usb host port is just insane :-)

• Thanks. Bought from gearformusic. Hopefully sale is good. Selling a zoom u44. Plus another zoom u44. Plus a capsule. Its summer. Can see ios'ers making music outside.

• edited May 2021

@sigma79 said:
    Thanks. Bought from gearformusic. Hopefully sale is good. Selling a zoom u44. Plus another zoom u44. Plus a capsule. Its summer. Can see ios'ers making music outside.

I worried about stability/useability with my 18i20 but it’s been 100% seamless and a joy to use, AUM—>Logic is soooo good.

• @NimboStratus said:

@sigma79 said:
    Thanks. Bought from gearformusic. Hopefully sale is good. Selling a zoom u44. Plus another zoom u44. Plus a capsule. Its summer. Can see ios'ers making music outside.

I worried about stability/useability with my 18i20 but it’s been 100% seamless and a joy to use, AUM—>Logic is soooo good.

Thanks. People are saying theres latency with iconnectivity. Does this more apply to aum/logic recording. Just really adding an ipad mini for some extra synths on screen. Obviously need it to just work as instruments.

• How much much midi ports do you have per usb jack device ? (Not usb host)

• @jazzmess said:
    How much much midi ports do you have per usb jack device ? (Not usb host)

What do you mean jazzmess?

• edited May 2021

On the ICA4+ you have 8 midi ports for each "computing" device (iOS, pc or Mac) and from there you can draw you routings from the ush host port (that has also 8 midi ports). My use case is the following :
    - pc running Bitwig is connected to usb device 1
    iPad to usb device 2 (with swam instruments)
    - all my midi controllers (3 sensel morphs, launchpad pro) are connected to usb port, except my maschine and also fire, which are ace on Bitwig.
    Midi wise : 3 sensels are routed to 3 midi in ports of the pc. I record mpe midi clips that output midi from 1 midi (out) port to the iPad ports (using the HW instruments in Bitwig and AUM on the ipad).
    Audiowise : I can get 9 stereo tracks from the AUM to computer for live processing.
    All this seems complicated but it's quite simple it saves some processing power and quite some bucks, the swams being a lot more pricier on desktop. :-)

I just wanted to know if the amount of midi ports on th ICA4c is the same as on the ICA4+, I could send midi to more AUM tracks :-)

• @jazzmess said:
    On the ICA4+ you have 8 midi ports for each "computing" device (iOS, pc or Mac) and from there you can draw you routings from the ush host port (that has also 8 midi ports). My use case is the following :
    - pc running Bitwig is connected to usb device 1
    iPad to usb device 2 (with swam instruments)
    - all my midi controllers (3 sensel morphs, launchpad pro) are connected to usb port, except my maschine and also fire, which are ace on Bitwig.
    Midi wise : 3 sensels are routed to 3 midi in ports of the pc. I record mpe midi clips that output midi from 1 midi (out) port to the iPad ports (using the HW instruments in Bitwig and AUM on the ipad).
    Audiowise : I can get 9 stereo tracks from the AUM to computer for live processing.
    All this seems complicated but it's quite simple it saves some processing power and quite some bucks, the swams being a lot more pricier on desktop. :-)

I just wanted to know if the amount of midi ports on th ICA4c is the same as on the ICA4+, I could send midi to more AUM tracks :-)

Thought it were about the routing after posting.

Thats cool you use Bitwig to sequence etc. If you use a sequencer in bitwig and controllers are on bitwig/pc. Is there not a Drambo thing where you can use a controller that isnt loads of midi channels or functions. So you would actually gain if the sequencer can receive midi on 1 channel but output on multiple channels and controller only inputs to sequencer because of a midi on a per track basis setting. Then filter in Aum?

• This wouldnt work well for Swam though I believe but standard synths etc might be ok.

• Guess it wouldnt work if theres no spare ports and you are using mpe ( sorry ) just being silly.

• edited May 2021

Power/Charge a USB Type-C compatible device (up to 15W)

I think that might be close for the new iPad Pro. The original wall adapter has got 20W. My 18W USB-C powerbank can charge it.

And I wonder if the interface could still be USB powered.

• Are there other audiointerfaces out there comparable with this one?

• @inder909 said:
    Are there other audiointerfaces out there comparable with this one?

In this price range I don’t think so

• @sigma79 said:
    Guess it wouldnt work if theres no spare ports and you are using mpe ( sorry ) just being silly.

There s no problem being silly. Indeed MPE eats this midi ports fast, but the SWAM being monophonic, I guess it's possible to cram a few of them inside one midi port. The real benefit is having the individual output inside the PC Daw, which was all I was hoping from studiomux, but I didn't prove successfull :-(

• @NimboStratus said:

@inder909 said:
    Are there other audiointerfaces out there comparable with this one?

In this price range I don’t think so

Not just in this price range - I don‘t know any Interface at all with the double-host feature.
    The audio performance of the iCA is solid, but nothing to brag about.
    But it does provide an easy solution that‘s otherwise pricey and/or complex.

Atm I‘ve retired my iCA4+ which connected an iPad to Pro Tools TDM and a Creamware Windows DSP system via 2 analog stereo busses.
    The successor (8 channel busses via ADAT) isn‘t even able to start with reliable sync conditions. Which probably can only be solved by a dedicated master clock to force all 3 components onto 1 common sync signal.

(not exactly comparable for sync trouble usually only starts with more than 2 systems involved, but the iCA is quite smart once you understand the routing matrix and remove unused submixes from screen)

• Do I need to update firmware? Cant update firmware. Through iconfig it just crashes before updating. Auracle is only for windows 10. Direct firmware download just launches an audio file in windows media player. Does it need a midi file player to update the firmware ( when updating with the direct download )

Version: 1.0.2
    Date: 2021-01-06

1. Fixed a problem where device would not show up as a MIDI device after doing a warm boot into bootloader mode.

Version: 1.0.1
    Date: 2020-12-23

1. Update required for Auracle compatibility.

Version: 1.0.0
    Date: 2020-11-05

First release for manufacturing test.

• I updated via Auracle but for Mac