Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iConnectivity Audio 4C

Comments

• if I manage to get iConfig to work on Big Sur, is it a case of setting the config and forgetting?

• @NimboStratus said:
    ADAT I/O on the audiofuse was a total PITA for me. I had hoped to get multitrack out of the iPad via usb to audiofuse then into the Focusrite 18i20 via ADAT and into logic but that was a multiple car pile up.

One has to wonder

1. Am I asking too much? The iPad can do multitrack out. The Mac can do multitrack in.
    2. Is there no market for this?
    3. Am I weird? Well yes I am but hey refer to point 1

Curious what the issue is that you can’t get 8 outs via adat from the Arturia....

• Oh I tried, it is so hit and miss, mostly miss.

• Managed to get it to work after a lot of frustration

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/43224/audiofuse-alternatives#latest

But the next time I use it it doesn’t work and have to waste hours again trying to get it to work. It’s too painful. So now record stems in AUM and manually pull into tracks in Logic.

• edited April 2021

@NimboStratus said:
    Managed to get it to work after a lot of frustration

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/43224/audiofuse-alternatives#latest

But the next time I use it it doesn’t work and have to waste hours again trying to get it to work. It’s too painful. So now record stems in AUM and manually pull into tracks in Logic.

Have you though if trying a far cheaper solution that just works?
    https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/usbstreamer-box

Or something about 1/2 the cost of both your interfaces combined and will get 24 channels of iPad into logic (as long as you don’t need all of the focusrite mic pre’s)?
    https://motu.com/products/avb/ultralite-avb

(Personally I don’t think anything from Arturia should cost over 200$. But that’s just me....I’m not a fan)

• I just want a solution that works. I wasn’t aware of these options, will investigate. Thank you

• Not too sure the motu will work as how can it connect to iPad and Mac?

• Usbstreamer is class compliant. Powered cck into iPad and adat into the focusrite. Boom, 8 channels.

MOTU, iPad on usb (additional one on adat with usbstreamer), AVB from MOTU to Mac (Ethernet). Route as needed in the MOTU.

• So for Motu....

Connect iPad via CCK to USB port on Motu. Then connect Motu to Mac via Ethernet vi my router?

• Or can I go motu to 18i20 via optical?

• Usb streamer out of stock. And need the 18i20 for other work but motu is not exactly 1/2 of cost of 18i20/audiofuse at least not the price I got them for

• And I’ve never been a fan of the audiofuse!

• edited April 2021

@NimboStratus said:
    Or can I go motu to 18i20 via optical?

Yes, but you’ll only get up to 8 channels.

@NimboStratus said:
    So for Motu....

Connect iPad via CCK to USB port on Motu. Then connect Motu to Mac via Ethernet vi my router?

Would have to go direct MOTU to Ethernet on the Mac, or have an AVB compatible switch.
    There’s also Dante, which is like AVB, but any router will work.

https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/mchstreamer
    This will also work, but need an enclosure. (10$ more than the streamerb)

• Need the Ethernet port to connect to internet so that’s not going to work. Hmm. So have to wait till the streamer b is back in stock and hopefully available in the UK.

• Thinking back to square 2 and try the audio4c!

• @NimboStratus said:
    if I manage to get iConfig to work on Big Sur, is it a case of setting the config and forgetting?

It works on Big Sur but you have to use low res mode or the graphics won't render properly.

• Good to hear. How do you use low res mode?

• @NimboStratus said:
    Good to hear. How do you use low res mode?

Right click on the iConfig application icon in the applications folder and choose "Get Info."
    You'll find the "Open in low resolution" setting here. Select the checkbox. Launch.

• It's too back they stayed with 2 devices.
    Good thing is that we LL get rid of those hubs to enable charging. Looking forward the iconnectmidi4c.
    Iconnectmidi4+ can manage 3 devices (among them 1 pc/Mac) has more midi ports and costs less, but no audio ins. I pair this with an UCA202 and asio4all.

• I just found this video which helped me answer the question about proper launchpad use through the ICA 4+ (and other IC devices I think)

• @Vaultnaemsae said:

@NimboStratus said:

Right click on the iConfig application icon in the applications folder and choose "Get Info."
    You'll find the "Open in low resolution" setting here. Select the checkbox. Launch.

@Vaultnaemsae there is no option for low res mode in get info. I am running Big Sur.

• BUT MAJOR BREAKTHRU.

I have 9 stereo channels out of iPad into 9 stereo channels in Logic!!!!!!!!!

• @NimboStratus Nice! I’m seeing the potential for that but I need the correct cable to connect my iPad. Also, I’m running Big Sur on an M1 mini and I am seeing the “low res” option under the Get Info option in the menu in the Application FOLDER.

• Regardless of the low res option or not iConfig seems to work OK.

Here is the get info :

Here is the patch bay :

And logic :

Seems stable at the mo. FINGERS CROSSED!

• @NimboStratus said:

@Vaultnaemsae said:

@NimboStratus said:

@Vaultnaemsae there is no option for low res mode in get info. I am running Big Sur.

Maybe it's only for retina displays?

• Does nybody know out how to Direct Monitor the iPad going into the Audio4C?

• Anyone from the UK considering buying a an audio4c ( from a UK supplier ) ?

Trying to sort out a deal with iconnectivity and shops.

I guess.

• edited May 2021

DealMasterJ.

edit.

Probably making it worse for iconnectivity if people think ( like me ) to not buy from the usual shops ( at the mo )

• edited May 2021

Dont even need another ipad tbh just for the cycle button to be visable etc on ripplermaker. Obviously theres other apps that will utilise another ipad. Will end up costing maybe £900 ( including a launchpad x ) if zoom u44s dont sell. Mad. Saying that though. Noticing sessions are maybe higher cpu. So an ipad mini might be good for the extra synths.

• edited May 2021

@sigma79 said:
    Anyone from the UK considering buying a an audio4c ( from a UK supplier ) ?

Trying to sort out a deal with iconnectivity and shops.

I guess.

I bought from Gear4Music and love it! OK not UK but I'm in the UK @sigma79