Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Helium AUv3 MIDI Sequencer by 4Pockets - Released

Comments

• @lsd87 said:
    1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 8/4…best I can tell

Only 4th as denominator?

• That’s right. I can’t help you with the other questions. Good luck.

• Okay. Thank you very much!

• edited July 2021

I am close to getting it, but I need to know if it can record a multi-channel MIDI session without time limits (one hour would be fine).

Edit: Doesn't seem to be possible for now. I'm using Cubasis 2 in combination with Audiobus and AUM for now. A bit complicated, but it seems to work.

• Sample accurate MIDI added?

• _ki_ki
    edited August 2021

Timing got better, but its not yet fully accurate. The note(s) right on the start of the loop still use a sample offet of zero whenever the loop wraps. The previous versions had problems on every note, so Paul is on the right track

• For the life of me I can’t figure out how to export the MIDI songs out of Helium into, say AudioShare. I have an iPad, so I am unable to drag and drop the MIDI file out of Helium and deposit it elsewhere. Any other solution to this issue I am not aware of?

• @StudioSisu said:
    For the life of me I can’t figure out how to export the MIDI songs out of Helium into, say AudioShare. I have an iPad, so I am unable to drag and drop the MIDI file out of Helium and deposit it elsewhere. Any other solution to this issue I am not aware of?

I'm not really using Helium, I prefer LK, but I think you export midi files like this:

Tap on export midi song.

Give the song a name.

And then you can drag your saved song to another app. In this example into LK.

• @StudioSisu said:
    For the life of me I can’t figure out how to export the MIDI songs out of Helium into, say AudioShare. I have an iPad, so I am unable to drag and drop the MIDI file out of Helium and deposit it elsewhere. Any other solution to this issue I am not aware of?

Hi, you can surely drag and drop from Helium to files App and then from there tap on share and choose the App you want to share the file with.
    You can also drag and drop from Helium even in AUv3 mode.
    Have a look :

• Can you do multitrack\multi-channel recording (in one take) with Helium? Thanks..

• Everyone, thanks so much for your responses. It worked!

• edited September 2021

Hi,
    Can someone tell me whether pre/post transpose is an exposed parameter for Helium in AUM?
    I am trying to change the transpose of my pattern via midi cc input change..

• edited September 2021

If I remember right, this thing does auditioning with midi fast, curious how fast… Say I’ve got to import 500 midi files at a time, is it capable of having that many in a directory and and I can scroll/touch rapid-fire?
    I’ve got about 10k of files from old projects and such and been putting off going through them.

Edit: also, anyone experienced it being picky with midi type?

• @Model10000 said:
    If I remember right, this thing does auditioning with midi fast, curious how fast… Say I’ve got to import 500 midi files at a time, is it capable of having that many in a directory and and I can scroll/touch rapid-fire?

I don't have the app but I remember that it comes with a library of 7,000 MIDI clips ready to use, so I think it can handle very large numbers of files.

• It’s also easy to create folder structures to navigate well-organized MIDI clip collections.

• Cool. Thank you both.

• Is there any way to trigger remote loops with a quantisation setting of next bar?
    The manual says…

NOTE: Many of the options to cue a transition wait for the host to hit a bar boundary before starting playback. If the host transport is not running they will start the local transport running immediately.

But they wait until the end of the remote loop. I want to jump scenes with quantisation but not necessarily wait until the end of my 16/32Bar loop. Every other scene based app I use allows for this but cant work out how to do it in Helium.

• edited October 2021

Finding the first note in a remote loop is not played. Moved it 1/32nd off the beginning and it plays. Is this a bug?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/x5WfSHy6TDgG85NT7

• Is there ableton-like fold option to hide unused notes? Also how Helium manage notes editing? I mean can it move notes to 3rds, 5th, or octaves, mirrior or revese them? I love Atom but I want something more streamlined and less cluttered like Helium. Automation editiing seems like a huge bonus.

• @soundtemple said:
    Finding the first note in a remote loop is not played. Moved it 1/32nd off the beginning and it plays. Is this a bug?

Yes, I have found the same. Annoying!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@soundtemple said:

@lukesleepwalker Ah thanks for confirming. I cant seem to reproduce it reliably though. Is it periodic for you as well or does it happen all the time?

• @soundtemple said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@soundtemple said:

@lukesleepwalker Ah thanks for confirming. I cant seem to reproduce it reliably though. Is it periodic for you as well or does it happen all the time?

Yes, I cannot see the pattern for why it works vs why it does not. Seems random.

• @lukesleepwalker the worst kind of bug!

• Ok guys, I've just been made aware of the first note of a loop issue and after doing some testing I can replicate the problem. This doesn't happen all the time and only when a loop repeats. I am working on a fix for the next release.

• @4pockets_paul Another bug regarding loop repeat is that the sample offset for note(s) right at the start of the loop is allways zero when repeating. This results in sync-problems for the ‚wrap-around‘ - all other midi notes issued by Helium have sample accurate timing.

Regards, -ki

• All of the midi parts I exported from Helium to a library folder using the export option don’t seem to work in the new version for preview. I get the message that they are multi channel midi and can’t be previewed. Meaning I have to import them again and re-save.

One other point is it possible we could get half tempo for midi in a helium instance. Many existing midi parts would then become much more useful if we could drop the tempo of a clip while in a high tempo genre like D&B?

• @4Pockets Thanks!

@_ki Could you explain what you mean by the sample offset issue with an example - I dont quite get what you are saying?

• Bought. These apps should be good.

Cheers Paul

• _ki_ki
    edited October 2021

@soundtemple When we researching the sync-problems of midi generators in the Let’s talk about midi sequencer timing thread, we detected that one of the causes for sync problems is that several generators don’t set the sample-offset value in the AUv3 midi message structrure that they send out to the host.

Several AUv3s were fixed when we informed their devs, there was also a fix/update to Helium. But this fix isn‘t applied to the notes right at the start of a looped region when the loop repeats, resulting in a small timing glitch every once a while.

You can try for yourself if you download the sample AUM or Audiobus session from the other thread which i posted on 5. august, you need to have the free Plectrum AUv3 (to hear the problem), Rozeta X0X (as timing reference) and perhaps the Midi Monitor (to see the 0 sample-offset value in the log). The glitch is really audible at a buffer setting of 2048

• @_ki ah thanks for the explanation. Sounds like this might be related to the problem I reported above. Thanks for taking the time to explain.