Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Helium AUv3 MIDI Sequencer by 4Pockets - Released

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1563152523

Description:

Helium is a lightweight AUv3 MIDI sequencer plugin designed specifically for AUM. It supports up to 16 tracks of unlimited length with the ability to direct output to 16 channels on up to 16 MIDI output ports.

One of the great features is the ability to import and maintain libraries of MIDI clips using Helium's 'Media Bay'. These clips are freely available all over the internet and may contain individual chord sets, chord progressions or drum tracks. You can quickly build a song by dragging and dropping your MIDI clips from the media bay onto your timeline. You can also save your own clips directly to the media bay to create your own personal MIDI clips libraries. Long press on a clip to preview its contents using the currently selected MIDI device.

Helium now ships with a library of over 7000 MIDI clips, consisting of every chord and chord progression you could ever need.

Helium allows many different ways to import additional MIDI clip libraries. Simply drag and drop your ZIP collections directly to your PC/MAC web browser and they are automatically unpacked into the clips library folder. You can also drag and drop files between the Media Bay and the iOS Files app.

Helium supports a sync mode called 'Remote Looping'. This was something we recently introduced into our MultiTrack Recorder plugin and is very useful for breaking down the timeline into sections.  You can define up to 12 loops which can be used to specify the locations of say the intro, verse, chorus, and outro within your song, then trigger these loops seemlessly in sync with the host tempo. Once captured, these loops can then be triggered by incoming MIDI notes.

Features

○ 16 Tracks per instance.
○ Includes a library of over 7000 MIDI clips.
○ Assignable MIDI channel and Bus per track.
○ Full editing of CC controllers using the controller lane.
○ Independent vertical and horizontal zooming.
○ Import & Export MIDI tracks.
○ Media Bay, organize your MIDI flips libraries.
○ Clip Preview from Media Bay
○ Drag and Drop from the Media Bay directly to the timeline.
○ Drag and Drop to Files App.
○ Remote Control with Looping advanced functionality.
○ Step Recording.
○ Build in Mixer to adjust relative track levels with Mute/Solo.
○ Sync to Host.
○ Up to 16 outputs (configurable).
○ MIDI Clip Preview
○ Ghost Note Feature
○ Multi level undo and redo.

Please checkout the help manual for details on where to find my tutorial videos on Helium and where to download some fully featured and free MIDI clip libraries.


Details:
Universal: Nej
Minimum OS version: 11.4
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

This is a preview of the forthcoming AUv3 MIDI sequencer Helium.

Helium is a lightweight AUv3 MIDI sequencer plugin designed specifically for AUM. It supports up to 16 tracks of unlimited length with the ability to direct output to 16 channels on 4 MIDI output ports.

One of the great features is the ability to import and maintain libraries of MIDI clips using Heliums 'Media Bay'. These clips are freely available all over the internet and may contain individual chord sets, chord progressions or drum tracks. You can quickly build a song by dragging and dropping your MIDI clips from the media bay onto your timeline. You can also save your own clips directly to the media bay to create your own personal MIDI clips libraries

Helium allows many different ways to import MIDI clip libraries. Simply drag and drop your ZIP collections directly to your PC/MAC web browser and they are automatically unpacked into the clips library folder. You can also drag and drop files between the Media Bay and the iOS Files app.

Helium supports a sync mode called 'Remote Looping'. This was something we recently introduced into our MultiTrack Recorder plugin and is very useful for breaking down the timeline into sections. You can define up to 12 loops which can be used to specify the locations of say the intro, verse, chorus, and outro within your song, then trigger these loops seemlessly in sync with the host tempo. Once captured, these loops can then be triggered by incoming MIDI notes.

Features

○ 16 Tracks per instance.
○ Assignable MIDI channel and Bus per track.
○ Full editing of CC controllers using the controller lane.
○ Independent vertical and horizontal zooming.
○ Import & Export MIDI tracks.
○ Media Bay, organize your MIDI flips libraries.
○ Drag and Drop from the Media Bay directly to the timeline.
○ Drag and Drop to Files App.
○ Remote Control with Looping advanced functionality.
○ Step Recording.
○ Sync to Host
○ Multi level undo and redo.

«13456712

Comments

  • BLIMEY! Think this is an instant buy for me.

  • Woow.

    The only thing that I don’t like of the 4pockets app are the icons. I have them all and it is not good to have all icons identical.

    Let’s see how this will compare to Atm

  • Any mpe recording capability? Ie can it record any channel?

  • 👏 to @4Pockets for the triangle on the buttons indicating long press support. Good ux design that.

  • Nice! How far away are we from the release?

  • Probability?

  • edited April 17

    Hmmmmmmm. Insta Buy!!!!!! Take my money!! The import function looks brilliant!!!! My gosh if we could preview from that....... I will give you 50$ right now. 🤓

  • @Stuntman_mike said:
    Nice! How far away are we from the release?

    Around the end of next week according to Paul the developer...👍

  • Does Atom finally have competition. After all this time....

  • @Charlesalbert said:
    Woow.

    The only thing that I don’t like of the 4pockets app are the icons. I have them all and it is not good to have all icons identical.

    Let’s see how this will compare to Atm

    The icons are so not my taste, and with them all being the exact same it gets confusing fast when you have a couple of their apps going

  • Strong play getting this out on a timely fashion. Have to say I'm liking the 16 channels in one instance. Can it show ghost notes from other tracks? What is the note editing functionally like? Some piano rolls are painful to move a edit note length.

    Would like to see some more videos. I'm keen!! Don't like red though. I'm a blue, green, grey and black guy.

    Pretty amazing that all these apps keep popping up to fulfill our every desire.

  • I do like having all the MIDI out channels in one instance. I would love to see atom have a master atom or something that lets you do this

  • @reasOne said:

    @Charlesalbert said:
    Woow.

    The only thing that I don’t like of the 4pockets app are the icons. I have them all and it is not good to have all icons identical.

    Let’s see how this will compare to Atm

    The icons are so not my taste, and with them all being the exact same it gets confusing fast when you have a couple of their apps going

    Would be good to allow icon makers access to this bit.

    AUM is fast becoming indispensible.

  • Based on available info, there is no midi hardware integration, so not that close to Atom2 or Lk

  • Echoing @Gavinski about MPE. Would be a nice addition.

  • Mpe would be epic

  • This looks immense. Hoping that multi-channel recording is easy as importing.

  • Does it support time signatures other than 4/4?

  • Looks very interesting! Guess Paul has experience in this area with Meteor.

    Went into “MIDI pack” advert territory @ 5m20 :)

  • You know they weren’t paying him cos he didn’t use the words ‘fire’ or ‘secret sauce’ once lol

    @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Looks very interesting! Guess Paul has experience in this area with Meteor.

    Went into “MIDI pack” advert territory @ 5m20 :)

  • None for ages and then three come along at (almost) once!

  • edited April 17

    @espiegel123 said:
    Does it support time signatures other than 4/4?

    Oh, that’s another important feature. Even better if it supports time signatures and tempo changes

  • @Richtowns said:
    None for ages and then three come along at (almost) once!

    What’s the third one?

  • @Richtowns said:
    @audiblevideo LK, no?

    Brain fart on my part - I tried the piano roll months and months ago totally forgot. Been using it more as a controller.

  • The remote control snapshots appeal to me on this one. I love LK but i often feel like I’m clip diving when I compose. The benefit of this approach is that the MIDI stays right in front of you as you define the loop points per track. I guess Atom2 will be in similar territory if Victor implements multiple patterns per clip but this allows multiple clips and multiple tracks. Intrigued.

  • edited April 17

    This looks like a perfectly sensible Piano Roll. I think 4Pockets very utilitarian UI design scheme will finally work for me with this app.

    I love that i can see all 16 tracks in a single instance. I really wish ATOM 2 kept all the midi channels in a single UI view. I really don’t like the proliferation of UI instances in Atom2...it’s a buzz killer for me having to remember which spawned instance in AUM is the one i want to modify.

    LK keeps it all together in 1 view and does this very well, so i am hopeful that Helium will relieve me of this decision fatigue scenario i experience when using ATOM2.

    Looking forward to this. 👊🏼™️

    Btw, anyone think that Paul is being cheeky by giving his app an ATOMic name? 🤪

  • @echoopera said:
    This looks like a perfectly sensible Piano Roll. I think 4Pockets very utilitarian UI design scheme will finally work for me with this app.

    I love that i can see all 16 tracks in a single instance. I really wish ATOM 2 kept all the midi channels in a single UI view. I really don’t like the proliferation of UI instances in Atom2...it’s a buzz killer for me having to remember which spawned instance in AUM is the one i want to modify.

    LK keeps it all together in 1 view and does this very well, so i am hopeful that Helium will relieve me of this decision fatigue scenario i experience when using ATOM2.

    Looking forward to this. 👊🏼™️

    Btw, anyone think that Paul is being cheeky by giving his app an ATOMic name? 🤪

    I agree 100%. I want to see everything in one instance..... atom is fine, but same trying to remember 10-15 instances of it.....

    But also remember 2 lower all your notes 4 octaves....... Helium....😂

  • @onerez said:

    @echoopera said:
    This looks like a perfectly sensible Piano Roll. I think 4Pockets very utilitarian UI design scheme will finally work for me with this app.

    I love that i can see all 16 tracks in a single instance. I really wish ATOM 2 kept all the midi channels in a single UI view. I really don’t like the proliferation of UI instances in Atom2...it’s a buzz killer for me having to remember which spawned instance in AUM is the one i want to modify.

    LK keeps it all together in 1 view and does this very well, so i am hopeful that Helium will relieve me of this decision fatigue scenario i experience when using ATOM2.

    Looking forward to this. 👊🏼™️

    Btw, anyone think that Paul is being cheeky by giving his app an ATOMic name? 🤪

    I agree 100%. I want to see everything in one instance..... atom is fine, but same trying to remember 10-15 instances of it.....

    But also remember 2 lower all your notes 4 octaves....... Helium....😂

    Agree. It took me some time to accept that Atom 2 has been designed mostly for (short) clip launching. I was considering Xequence or even NanoStudio 2 for my MIDI needs but this could keep me busy in AUM.

  • ok, atom is awesome with all the probability, swing, scales etc. but this looks stupid simple and great as well. I love the import option.

Sign In or Register to comment.