Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mynth by Fingerlab

Comments

• @relpot said:
    We have finished a new update for Mynth with:
    -AudioUnit state saving bug fix
    -AudioUnit parameters exposed
    -Presets browser embedded in AudioUnit.

If some of you want to test it, it's available in TestFlight, here is the link:
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/jU227pZK

@relpot said:
    Hey guys,

We have finished a new Mynth update v1.1-2, now available on TestFlight if you want to test it:
    We have worked a lot on AudioUnit in this update with AudioUnit parameters, embed preset browser and various bug fix. In the standalone, we have added a keyboard octave shifter and a "Save as" button, very useful to save factory modified preset!
    Please tell me if you see something wrong with this update!

Unfortunately, we didn't succeed in implementing the "user shared presets" for now, as the documentation is really poor and we couldn't find example about it.. hopefully we should be able to do it in a futur update.

Once more thanks for all your feedback and your interest with Mynth.
    We will continue to work on Mynth to add cool new features as we feel it deserve it!

About Mac, we agree with you all, we would love to have Mynth working with AudioUnit on Mac.
    I suspect that AudioUnit works on Mac on for Mac with M1 processor, as the Moog Model 15 AudioUnit works only on Mac with M1 processor. As we currently don't own a M1 Mac (we were waiting for the iMac with M1) we can't work on it right now, but we will check this very soon!

The Mynth next update v2.0 will come after that, with a lot of new features (preset randomizer, waveform copy/paste, ...).

Fingerlab team

Thank you!
    State save! Presets in au! Life is good

• @Charlesalbert About the window resize for AudioUnit, I will work to check this, but I'm not totally convinced it's really necessary, and I'm afraid that changing window size will lead to blurry graphics...
    For me, this issue comes from AUM that should not let the user change the AudioUnit window size. In all desktop daws, when you open a plugin , its size is fixed..
    Do you know if there are other iOS host app other than AUM that let user change the AudioUnit window size ? In garageBand or Cubase the size is fixed.

• @relpot said:

>

Do you know if there are other iOS host app other than AUM that let user change the AudioUnit window size ? In garageBand or Cubase the size is fixed.

apeMatrix allows flexible window size and the thing @Michael is working (Loopy Pro/Masterpiece/Awsomeness) will also allow the user to maximize the screen usage by allowing plug-in scaling.

AuriaPro also allows resizing of AUv3 plug-ins.

As for 'blurriness' what about using vector based graphics instead of bitmaps? That should at least partially solve the problem :)

Cheers!

• Scaling is helpful for users with partial sight and easier to change settings etc. Would be a great enhancement!

• Hi,

We have made a new update for Mynth version 2.0, it's available on TestFlight if you want to test it, here is the link:

This update brings some exciting new features:
    -LFOs can now trigger FX knobs
    -Waveform copy and paste with drag'n'drop
    -New Random button to create random presets
    -AudioUnit interface scaling to fit window size
    -Display of LFO progress above waveform when playing
    -Random waveform button added to LFO
    -Help page added with shortcuts and tips
    -Various bugs fix

• Wow! Amazing ❤️

• Um not too sure scaling is working

• edited April 2021

@NimboStratus said:
    Um not too sure scaling is working

Ok thanks for your feedback, could you give me more details: what is the device and the host you are using to load mynth AudioUnit ? and also what is your iOS version ?
    It could be even better if you can send a screenshot.
    Thanks!!

• @relpot said:

@NimboStratus said:
    Um not too sure scaling is working

Ok thanks for your feedback, could you give me more details: what is the device and the host you are using to load mynth AudioUnit ? or even better if you can send a screenshot.
    Thanks!!

Great update Aurelian! Maybe he means that when it is resized there is a lot of whitw space around it and then you need to manually resize it to get the white space to disappear. I'm looking forward to properly checking out the other features, tried the randomizer, it made a few pretty decent presets. Thanks for all the hard work you have done on the app these past few weeks

• I still badly want to see backwards and forwards preset browser buttons if possible 😛@relpot

• I have posted a new build for the Mynth v2.0 update,
    it's available here with TestFlight (it’s a new link as I had to make a new one because of weird issue in Apple TestFlight web interface):
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/s2TgIyI9

Here is the new feature and fix list:
    -NEW: Add arrows to the AudioUnit presets browser allowing to browse presets easily
    -NEW: Add AudioUnit User Shared Presets support - NEW
    -NEW: AudioUnit have now a Default preset with flat values
    -NEW: Fix AudioUnit issues with state saving
    -NEW: UI graphics improvments
    -NEW: Arpeggio tempo stepper bug fix
    -UPDATED: AudioUnit interface scaling to fit window size
    -UPDATED: Waveform copy and paste with drag'n'drop
    -UPDATED: New Random button to create random presets
    -UPDATED: Display of LFO progress above waveform when playing
    -Various bugs fix

Thanks for your support to help me make a better app, special thanks to Gavinski for his everyday support and to Jonatan from AUM for his help with AudioUnit presets handling!

I hope you'll enjoy

• Thanks for the shoutout @relpot, I'm so happy to see how many of my suggestions you took on board, and with such lightning speed, brilliant

• @Gavinski said:
    I still badly want to see backwards and forwards preset browser buttons if possible 😛@relpot

Yes, that’s sort of expected for presets these days.

• @NeuM said:

@Gavinski said:
    I still badly want to see backwards and forwards preset browser buttons if possible 😛@relpot

Yes, that’s sort of expected for presets these days.

Yup, and now it is finally added after me clinging on for weeks like a dog with a bone about how important it is

• @relpot said:
    I have posted a new build for the Mynth v2.0 update,
    it's available here with TestFlight (it’s a new link as I had to make a new one because of weird issue in Apple TestFlight web interface):
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/s2TgIyI9

Here is the new feature and fix list:
    -NEW: Add arrows to the AudioUnit presets browser allowing to browse presets easily
    -NEW: Add AudioUnit User Shared Presets support - NEW
    -NEW: AudioUnit have now a Default preset with flat values
    -NEW: Fix AudioUnit issues with state saving
    -NEW: UI graphics improvments
    -NEW: Arpeggio tempo stepper bug fix
    -UPDATED: AudioUnit interface scaling to fit window size
    -UPDATED: Waveform copy and paste with drag'n'drop
    -UPDATED: New Random button to create random presets
    -UPDATED: Display of LFO progress above waveform when playing
    -Various bugs fix

Thanks for your support to help me make a better app, special thanks to Gavinski for his everyday support and to Jonatan from AUM for his help with AudioUnit presets handling!

I hope you'll enjoy

Rad!

• I have posted a new Mynth update V2.0-3, here is the link (new link cause of TestFlight bug):
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/LFCz3pm0

On this update, I have added SYNC option for FX Delay, I have polished the AudioUnit window scaling and made some graphics enhancements.

Here is the details:
    -Add SYNC option to FX Delay - NEW
    -AudioUnit interface scaling to fit window size - UPDATED
    -Add arrows to the AudioUnit presets browser allowing to browse preset easily
    -Add AudioUnit User Shared Presets support
    -AudioUnit have now a Default preset with flat values
    -Fix AudioUnit issues with state saving
    -UI graphics improvments - UPDATED
    -Arpeggio tempo stepper bug fix
    -Various bugs fix - UPDATED

• @relpot is it safe to get the testflight ? I recorded few projects with mynth and would not like to lose my presets

• @mlau said:
    @relpot is it safe to get the testflight ? I recorded few projects with mynth and would not like to lose my presets

Yes it's safe, but if you want to bu sure, don't do the TestFlight update, wait for the official release (at the end of the week probably)

• @relpot said:

@mlau said:
    @relpot is it safe to get the testflight ? I recorded few projects with mynth and would not like to lose my presets

Yes it's safe, but if you want to bu sure, don't do the TestFlight update, wait for the official release (at the end of the week probably)

Checked it … everything good !

• @relpot said:
    I have posted a new Mynth update V2.0-3, here is the link (new link cause of TestFlight bug):
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/LFCz3pm0

On this update, I have added SYNC option for FX Delay, I have polished the AudioUnit window scaling and made some graphics enhancements.

Here is the details:
    -Add SYNC option to FX Delay - NEW
    -AudioUnit interface scaling to fit window size - UPDATED
    -Add arrows to the AudioUnit presets browser allowing to browse preset easily
    -Add AudioUnit User Shared Presets support
    -AudioUnit have now a Default preset with flat values
    -Fix AudioUnit issues with state saving
    -UI graphics improvments - UPDATED
    -Arpeggio tempo stepper bug fix
    -Various bugs fix - UPDATED

Awesome! Will these updates be coming at the end of the week to the macOS version too?

• @skiphunt Yes, the update 2.0 will be available for MacOS too!

• @relpot said:
    @skiphunt Yes, the update 2.0 will be available for MacOS too!

Sweetness! Thanks! :)

• Will automating the envelopes and effects be a possibility for future update?
    I might be able to automate them with rozeta in aum but i have not checked to see if the parameters are exposed
    Thank you for all the hard work i love this synth!

• @reasOne said:
    Will automating the envelopes and effects be a possibility for future update?
    I might be able to automate them with rozeta in aum but i have not checked to see if the parameters are exposed
    Thank you for all the hard work i love this synth!

Yes FX can be triggered by LFO in the new update v2.0.
    About the envelope, we do not plan to add LFO triggering for it, but yes you can automate them with parameters, ADSR parameters are exposed!

• Hi all,
    I just want to let you know that the Mynth update V2.0 is now available on the AppStore.

I'm now working on major update for Flynth (add keyboard octave buttons, save as button, delay sync option, AudioUnit new features and fix), it should be available soon on TestFlight (release planned for next week).

• @relpot many thanks !

• Hello there,

A new Mynth update V3.0 is now available on TestFlight if some of you want to try it:

There's new really nice features in this update (waveform bit depth or offset triggered by LFO for example), you should like it!
    The update will be online on the AppStore the 8 of july.

Here is the update changes:
    -Midi mappings for all synth parameters
    -VCO Waveform new parameters: Bit Depth, Offset X & Offset Y
    -VCO Waveform editor update
    -36 new factory presets
    -LFO new continuous mode
    -Preset import & export
    -Filter cutoff updated with easing curve
    -Various bug fix and UI improvements

Stay tuned!
    Fingerlab team

• Lovely stuff, I love Mynth!

• @relpot said:
    Hello there,

A new Mynth update V3.0 is now available on TestFlight if some of you want to try it:

There's new really nice features in this update (waveform bit depth or offset triggered by LFO for example), you should like it!
    The update will be online on the AppStore the 8 of july.

Here is the update changes:
    -Midi mappings for all synth parameters
    -VCO Waveform new parameters: Bit Depth, Offset X & Offset Y
    -VCO Waveform editor update
    -36 new factory presets
    -LFO new continuous mode
    -Preset import & export
    -Filter cutoff updated with easing curve
    -Various bug fix and UI improvements

Stay tuned!
    Fingerlab team

Great! It looks very promissing!
    Already at V3.00!! Thank you for so many updates!
    Mynth is an amazing and unique synth with a strong personality.