Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mynth by Fingerlab

Comments

• I'm kinda happy I've managed to tame down my app-o-holism...
    ...a year ago I would have gone all in getting all new apps but nope, that's not me anymore!

Sure it's like 4.99 (59SEK) to unlock the IAP but honestly I'm more happy with a few bags of snacks and chocolate than something that would make me throw the iPad thru the window when it doesn't work properly ;)

• How do you change presets in drambo on mynth meat? There’s no presets menu

• @reasOne said:
    How do you change presets in drambo on mynth meat? There’s no presets menu

I can’t figure this out with any host other than aum.
    There’s no presets manager in the au that i can find 😡

• I was in a don't-need-anymore-apps place but I like what these guys do. Mellowsound is a fantastic Mellotron app.

• Lack of AU parameters is disappointing. This would benefit from @Spidericemidas magic, because overall design of synth is good.

• @reasOne said:

@reasOne said:
    How do you change presets in drambo on mynth meat? There’s no presets menu

I can’t figure this out with any host other than aum.
    There’s no presets manager in the au that i can find 😡

Same as flynth, was never able to use preset in Drambo. If someone can help it will be really appreciated

• To buggy for me, don’t do it often but requested a refund. Nice synth but has to many problems.

• What bugs exactly @Jumpercollins? They sent me a code, I will see if I can replicate. If I can't, I may go ahead and do a vid, if I replicate your probs and they are significant, I will pass

• @Gavinski said:
    What bugs exactly @Jumpercollins? They sent me a code, I will see if I can replicate. If I can't, I may go ahead and do a vid, if I replicate your probs and they are significant, I will pass

@Gavinski

Bugs
    Instant crashing when trying to load inside Cubasis2/3. Feeding midi chords in from Atom 2 caused a crash in AUM. Playing chords via Tonality midi stopped working/ sending in AUM.

Sending midi in via FugueMachine inside AUM caused instant crash the list goes on.

All midi related bugs maybe!

Bad design choices.
    Presets not listed when used as a AU so having to go to host to select. This is causing people problems in Drambo.

No AU keyboard better use of AU container just blank space.

No +- for octave up or down using standalone keyboard unforgivable.

Parameters not exposed in AUM.

• Dear lord, I'll take a look when I am home later, seems like a hard pass maybe

• Yup, instant crash when sending midi from fugue machine in AUM, could not recommend at current time, let’s see if bugs get fixed

• It is taking midi from atom 2 well I. AUM even at high speed. Wonder why fugue machine specifically is causing a problem

• Taking multi channel midi from polyphase no problem in AUM

• Tonality chords working ok for me

• @Jumpercollins said:
    To buggy for me, don’t do it often but requested a refund. Nice synth but has to many problems.

How can You request a refund if this is an IAP? Just to know. Lately I have a new brand to avoid. Every time I give them another chance and every time I get disappointed. I wrote them here, through mails, on Facebook and on Twitter to report bugs. Zero reply. Last for me.

• Internal arp does seem wonky

• @Gavinski said:
    Internal arp does seem wonky

Let's notify @relpot (Aurelien from Fingerlab) about the issues and see if they have any plans fixing them?
    Hopefully we'll get some feedback...

• @Charlesalbert said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    To buggy for me, don’t do it often but requested a refund. Nice synth but has to many problems.

How can You request a refund if this is an IAP? Just to know. Lately I have a new brand to avoid. Every time I give them another chance and every time I get disappointed. I wrote them here, through mails, on Facebook and on Twitter to report bugs. Zero reply. Last for me.

@Charlesalbert I was thinking that but the full version was listed as a purchase on the report a problem page and refund option displayed.

• I have told him, he’s gonna try and fix ASAP

• I had half an hour free yesterday. Had the kids till the Mrs finished work, then did guitar lessons, then half an hour to get set for the stream, and I got organised real quick. I was really pleased with myself, sat down to have a play with the app in standalone for 10 mins before I started the stream and it crashed. Opened it up again, crash, and again, crash... restarted my iPad, did it again, opened it in AUM, crash, Cubasis 3, crash. Got a message from Jo Woods asking if the app was crashing on me because it was crashing for her in Cubasis 2. So I was relieved because I was just thinking maybe it’s not liking the MPK, maybe I need to put my keystation back on the desk... I’ve got 2 mins, what do I do... crash, crash... it was weird because I’d been playing with the app during the day with headphones whilst the kids were busy - just getting to know it. I hadn’t had a single crash, glitch or anything. I mean, it came out yesterday morning, I got it, requested a code, decided to do the stream on it, did the advertising, pissypanted about with the app... so I started the stream, apologised in advance and it didn’t crash once! Spent the whole stream expecting it to crash any moment. So I didn’t feel that I did the best job. I’m not one to panic, but I was anxious. I forgot to mention that you can’t yet midi map in the app, or octave up and down which was slack of me. I feel that the arp could use a little work and I wish I’d razzed through a lot more sounds. If I’d felt more comfortable I would’ve progressed quicker and intended to open a few instances in Cubasis 3 and do a quick little groove but I daren’t try it. As it happens, I could’ve got away with not saying anything about the crashes and I feel bad for the developer that I did, but then it would not be fair to the viewer if I didn’t. I almost did DC30 yesterday but thought I’d make a proper video on that this weekend instead.

• I never even tried it in AUM or another host, it crashes in standalone. Their apps all have the same problem for me. While they look great and have good ideas behind them, they seem to get little love after release. Updates seem to address some problems here and there but it never feels substantial or even exciting. Playlab for instance is a very fun app - intuitive, playful and capable but it feels abandoned. Couple small updates with a promise of "new features soon" - that was a year ago and they never delivered.

It's a shame, they release apps with great ideas and abandon them to soon. I have little faith in the dev at this point and rather spend my money elsewhere.

• Just spent an amusing half hour in AUM running a backing loop on Playset and jamming on the wonderfully musical default preset on Mynth.

• @yokotate said:
    I never even tried it in AUM or another host, it crashes in standalone. Their apps all have the same problem for me. While they look great and have good ideas behind them, they seem to get little love after release. Updates seem to address some problems here and there but it never feels substantial or even exciting. Playlab for instance is a very fun app - intuitive, playful and capable but it feels abandoned. Couple small updates with a promise of "new features soon" - that was a year ago and they never delivered.

It's a shame, they release apps with great ideas and abandon them to soon. I have little faith in the dev at this point and rather spend my money elsewhere.

Yes, apparently exposed parameters 'will be added in a future update'. Well if Flynth's parameters are still not exposed, this is hard to believe.

• I emailed and tweeted fingerlab to please add a preset browser to the audio unit.
    I hope they do it

• Random crashes everywhere ... oh dear, all that work and imagination brought down by eagerness and enthusiasm..

If Fingerlab are quick they can use this forum as the beta testing they really should have done before release, can still make it right.

• Hasn’t crashed once for me. iPad 2019 iOS 14.4.2

• @Soundscaper said:
    Random crashes everywhere ... oh dear, all that work and imagination brought down by eagerness and enthusiasm..

If Fingerlab are quick they can use this forum as the beta testing they really should have done before release, can still make it right.

Exactly what I told the dev, but for next time, and he agreed. You're right that doing it now would be a better idea! Maybe email him with that suggestion 👍

• Hi, I'm Aurelien from Fingerlab.

First thanks to all of you for you feedbacks and bug reports.

Sorry for all this bugs with Mynth, I already fixed the Arp sync issue with AudioUnit and I'm currently working on fixing the crashes, an update should be available in a few days.

About AudioUnit and exposing parameters, yes I will expose them for Mynth, I will work on that next week, and after that I do it for Flynth.

About using LFOs to control the FX parameters, yes you are right, I will add this also in a future update.
    Same for AudioUnit presets browser, I will add that in a future update.

About AudioUnit on Mac, we would like so much that it works but unfortunately, Apple keeps doing this impossible as they just do not care about AUv3 for Mac (there is totally no support, AudioUnit testing during development is not reliable, and the way it works change with each Mac updates, ...). So yes it’s possible, I have done it for Mellowsound, but as they keep changing the way it works without telling to anyone, it makes things so difficult that we had to remove the Mac AudioUnit for Mellowsound… Hopefully, one day they will work on this and make things easier for the developers.
    My dream would be that our app could be used as AUv3 in all major DAW (Ableton Live, Pro Tools, ...) and not just in GarageBand and Logic, but it's not the case for now. I have heard that Apple is working with Ableton to fix this, but it could take some time...

For the Fingerlab next app (I'm currently working on a DM1 new version with brand new audio-engine and AudioUnit support), I will ask help for beta-testing to you all, you are so right about this!!

Thanks again to you all!

• @relpot said:
    Hi, I'm Aurelien from Fingerlab.

Sorry for all this bugs with Mynth, I already fixed the Arp sync issue with AudioUnit and I'm currently working on fixing the crashes, an update should be available in a few days.

About AudioUnit and exposing parameters, yes I will expose them for Mynth, I will work on that next week, and after that I do it for Flynth.

About using LFOs to control the FX parameters, yes you are right, I will add this also in a future update.

About AudioUnit on Mac, we would like so much that it works but unfortunately, Apple keeps doing this impossible as they just do not care about AUv3 for Mac (there is totally no support, AudioUnit testing during development is not reliable, and the way it works change with each Mac updates, ...). So yes it’s possible, I have done it for Mellowsound, but as they keep changing the way it works without telling to anyone, it makes things so difficult that we had to remove the Mac AudioUnit for Mellowsound… Hopefully, one day they will work on this and make things easier for the developers.
    My dream would be that our app could be used as AUv3 in all major DAW (Ableton Live, Pro Tools, ...) and not just in GarageBand and Logic, but it's not the case for now. I have heard that Apple is working with Ableton to fix this, but it could take some time...

For the Fingerlab next app (I'm currently working on a DM1 new version with brand new audio-engine and AudioUnit support), I will ask help for beta-testing to you all, you are so right about this!!

Thanks again to you all!

Thanks for the update - with a bit of work, this will be a very interesting synth...

• @relpot said:
    Hi, I'm Aurelien from Fingerlab.

Thanks again to you all!

That sounds great. Thanks! Also excited about the new version of DM1. Love DM1! 😎👍🏼