Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mynth by Fingerlab

Comments

• @relpot thanks for listening Aurelian, the synth is very cool so I'm looking forward to the bug fixes, and glad to see parameters will get exposed finally, wonderful 🙌

• I didn’t think I needed another synth but this one does sound great. Haven’t had any issues with it so far, but looking forward to updates if it helps

• no crashes yet after a couple hours standalone here on my ‘18 iPad Pro, though I haven’t tried AUV3. Very promising synth; I love how fast it is to program a pretty wide sound pallet on the single screen. great interface!

wish there was a way to drag and drop or duplicate custom waveforms between OSCs and LFOS , or dual destinations per LFO. It’s an excellent start though. could become something quite special with a little more work.

• Would be good if it scaled properly in AUM too

• @relpot Great to hear. In that case, I'll buy Mynth. I've always been a fan of your apps. Your interfaces have a calming and familiar aesthetic.

• Thank you @relpot for the response!

Will you be able to add a preset browser to the audio unit? I cannot pick a preset when using these synths in drambo or bm3

• I bought it just for the icon. But happily it also makes some great sounds.

• @reasOne said:
    Thank you @relpot for the response!

Will you be able to add a preset browser to the audio unit? I cannot pick a preset when using these synths in drambo or bm3

I just saw your reply on Twitter! Thank you can’t wait cuz then i can start using this synth in tracks!

• Great to hear that AU parameters are coming.

• edited April 2021

Video by VolcaNiced:

@relpot

• @Eschatone said:

wish there was a way to drag and drop or duplicate custom waveforms between OSCs and LFOS , or dual destinations per LFO. It’s an excellent start though. could become something quite special with a little more work.

Duplication of vertical lanes (osc or lfo) would be handy indeed. Low on the list compared to other things but a solid nice-to-have. Just to be able to make quick, slight variations.

Multiple destinations per LFO seems almost antithetical to the synth’s design. I’d use it, for sure, but would also totally understand the request being closed as “won’t fix”. Exposing the AU parameters should cover most of us who’d use it.

• Other than the main fix requests already detailed in this thread, my main feature request would be some way to temporarily make the envelope windows larger. Like, hold a finger on an env window without moving it for 1sec to blow it up to 2-4X the size. It’s very hard (for me, anyway) to make the sort of envelope adjustments the raw sound of this synth deserves.

• Add me to any beta you like, I’m up for that.

• We have finished a new update for Mynth with:
    -AudioUnit state saving bug fix
    -AudioUnit parameters exposed
    -Presets browser embedded in AudioUnit.

If some of you want to test it, it's available in TestFlight, here is the link:
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/jU227pZK

• @relpot

I purchased as love Mynth but have some questions:

1. When you resize in AUM it doesn't scale to fit the window, could you make it so it scales to make it easier to use?
    2. How do you make the ARP work, do you just enable and play a chord?
    3. Can you change the ARP notes?

Thank you!

• The arp is very simple - I like the synth but to be honest, if you have another arpeggiator you would be better off using that, but yes, just turn it on and play a chord, you have no control over note order etc, it will just play in the order you played, the arp is as basic as they come,

I have also asked for better rescaling btw

@NimboStratus said:
    @relpot

I purchased as love Mynth but have some questions:

1. When you resize in AUM it doesn't scale to fit the window, could you make it so it scales to make it easier to use?
    2. How do you make the ARP work, do you just enable and play a chord?
    3. Can you change the ARP notes?

Thank you!

• @Gavinski thanks. Yeah don’t mind a simple arp in Mynth (have Rozeta) just curious. Thanks for also asking about scaling, they will listen to you! 🤪

• How do you disconnect an LFO parameter?

• Good question - seems you can’t but the solution would be to simply turn the depth knob to zero

@asturoidu said:
    How do you disconnect an LFO parameter?

• I’m playing with this on a spare iPad 5 running the latest iOS.

No issues or crashing in standalone.

No crashing or issues sending midi to it from LK in standalone.

I’ve now got it hosted in apeMatrix and still sending midi to it from LK. Still no issues or crashes. I also don’t mind the presets in the host.

I like what this dev does... the app sounds great... it’s fun... it kind of unique... it’s universal and even runs on the mac!

Just installed on my mac mini M1 and it's working perfectly. Unlike many of the other iOS apps that kind of work on BigSur... this one works as well on the M1 as it does on the iPad. And unlike several other apps that run on M1, Mynth's interface actually vector scales to full screen with full resolution!

And when I say this works on macOS... it's actually written to work on macOS, not just an iOS app that happens to sort of work with macOS. This one feels just as native on macOS as it does on iOS.

I'd like to see parameters exposed in AU, but other than that... I have no problem purchasing this app's IAP to fully unlock.

It's even got a small 27MB footprint.

I've been a fan of this developer since the extremely fun, excellent and underrated Musyc Pro app. I purchased the IAPs for that one too and it's still works perfectly.

I was skittish to even try this app based on some of the reports in this thread, but I've experienced no issues whatsoever yet.

Glad I took a chance anyway. Enthusiastically unlocking the full IAP on this one!

• @skiphunt parameters are exposed on the new (open) beta already 👍

• @Gavinski said:
    @skiphunt parameters are exposed on the new (open) beta already 👍

KickA$$!!! :)

• I just tried on the off chance that Mynth might ALSO show up as an AU in Logic... but it doesn't. I see the dev's comment about that. I hope it does eventually, because the Moog model 15 universal app shows up in Logic and works well.

I'm sure this dev will make it happen in due time.

In the meantime... I launched Mynth and was able to send an external step sequencer midi track to Mynth and then record to an audio file. Cool enough work around, but would be even cooler when/if Mynth shows up as an AU instrument in Logic!

• edited April 2021

Hi @relpot

Just bought the IAP for Mynth this morning and LOVE it! No issues to report yet. So far, everything working well on iPad mini 5, iPad Pro 10.5, iPhone 11 Pro, and I've installed it on an M1 mac mini. Works fine there too.

It doesn't show up as an AU in Logic though. I can send external midi to it from Logic with Mynth in standalone mode as mentioned in my previous post, but I'm curious how far off you are from Mynth showing up in Logic as an AU instrument?

I read the issues you've had with Apple changing the methods, etc. but for reference... whatever Moog Model 15 is doing with there app, works well in Logic and continues to with macOS updates. Moog Model 15 is also listed as completely universal for macOS, iPad and iPhone. Love that!

I'm only mentioning it because whatever Moog is doing with that app... it's been very stable and macOS updates haven't broken it. I think they did have an update about a week ago. So, I don't know if that was addressing any issues.

Anyway... congrats and thanks for developing such a fun app that's completely universal! I just used my post above as my 5-Star review for it on the Appstore. :)

• just got the app, trying to wrap my head around the filter envelope. why doesn’t the cutoff go all the way down to where the filter is almost letting not sound through it . ?especially with the moof low pass filter

• Hey guys,

We have finished a new Mynth update v1.1-2, now available on TestFlight if you want to test it:
    We have worked a lot on AudioUnit in this update with AudioUnit parameters, embed preset browser and various bug fix. In the standalone, we have added a keyboard octave shifter and a "Save as" button, very useful to save factory modified preset!
    Please tell me if you see something wrong with this update!

Unfortunately, we didn't succeed in implementing the "user shared presets" for now, as the documentation is really poor and we couldn't find example about it.. hopefully we should be able to do it in a futur update.

Once more thanks for all your feedback and your interest with Mynth.
    We will continue to work on Mynth to add cool new features as we feel it deserve it!

About Mac, we agree with you all, we would love to have Mynth working with AudioUnit on Mac.
    I suspect that AudioUnit works on Mac on for Mac with M1 processor, as the Moog Model 15 AudioUnit works only on Mac with M1 processor. As we currently don't own a M1 Mac (we were waiting for the iMac with M1) we can't work on it right now, but we will check this very soon!

The Mynth next update v2.0 will come after that, with a lot of new features (preset randomizer, waveform copy/paste, ...).

Fingerlab team

• This time the app is really good and improved. Thanks so much for your responsiveness 🙏

• @relpot said:
    Hey guys,

We have finished a new Mynth update v1.1-2, now available on TestFlight if you want to test it:
    We have worked a lot on AudioUnit in this update with AudioUnit parameters, embed preset browser and various bug fix. In the standalone, we have added a keyboard octave shifter and a "Save as" button, very useful to save factory modified preset!
    Please tell me if you see something wrong with this update!

Unfortunately, we didn't succeed in implementing the "user shared presets" for now, as the documentation is really poor and we couldn't find example about it.. hopefully we should be able to do it in a futur update.

Once more thanks for all your feedback and your interest with Mynth.
    We will continue to work on Mynth to add cool new features as we feel it deserve it!

About Mac, we agree with you all, we would love to have Mynth working with AudioUnit on Mac.
    I suspect that AudioUnit works on Mac on for Mac with M1 processor, as the Moog Model 15 AudioUnit works only on Mac with M1 processor. As we currently don't own a M1 Mac (we were waiting for the iMac with M1) we can't work on it right now, but we will check this very soon!

The Mynth next update v2.0 will come after that, with a lot of new features (preset randomizer, waveform copy/paste, ...).

Fingerlab team

Awesome 🤩 glad I purchased :)

• I forgot to mention that we fixed the issue with resetting the parameter for a LFO,
    a simple double-tap is now needed to reset a LFO parameter.

Stay tuned
    Fingerlab Team

• Now it would be epic is the auv3 would resize. It is hard to see on iPad 12.9