Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best IOS reverb ?

Comments

• @jacou said:

@McD said:
    EOS 2 has Valhalla code and the amazing FREEZE button. If you want massive it can get you there.

I just can’t get away from EOS2. On desktop all I ever use is Valhalla Vintage Verb and EOS2 is the only reverb on iPad that comes close. Only thing missing is the long reverb tail.

It’s my most used reverb as well. There’s just something about the super hall that I love.

• edited October 2023

@jdp000 said:

@jacou said:

@McD said:
    EOS 2 has Valhalla code and the amazing FREEZE button. If you want massive it can get you there.

I just can’t get away from EOS2. On desktop all I ever use is Valhalla Vintage Verb and EOS2 is the only reverb on iPad that comes close. Only thing missing is the long reverb tail.

It’s my most used reverb as well. There’s just something about the super hall that I love.

I like EOS2 but I never could get it to modulate well like Cascade does, for sound design Cascade can be pushed into weird weird places by how deep its modulation goes

• @ecou said:
    I use Audiokit Rack reverb alot. It sounds great. It's easy tu adjust since its got only 3 controls and it's free.

Ditto, this is the one for me just because it's so simple.

• @hghon said:

@jdp000 said:

@jacou said:

@McD said:

I like EOS2 but I never could get it to modulate well like Cascade does, for sound design Cascade can be pushed into weird weird places by how deep its modulation goes

Cascade has been my go to for massive since it came out. Flipping through its Presets I also realize it’s a workhorse for unique sound design by push button… saves a lot of time and gets great reviews for “production” skills. Just say thanks and hold the secret please.

• edited October 2023

@jdp000 said:

@jacou said:

@McD said:

Yeah that’s a nice one! I actually always end up using Mono Plate for my ambient guitar. It just creates a super lush and smooth reverb with such a wide and beautiful stereo image and all from a dry mono guitar input. I think only the Valhalla stuff could be better. I really hope Sean will eventually bring his Valhalla stuff to iPad. Whenever I asked him about it he never seemed much interested in iPad and criticising the App Store business. Which I can understand. But man would Valhalla stuff be nice on iPad 😄

• @jacou said:

@jdp000 said:

@jacou said:

@McD said:

Yeah that’s a nice one! I actually always end up using Mono Plate for my ambient guitar. It just creates a super lush and smooth reverb with such a wide and beautiful stereo image and all from a dry mono guitar input. I think only the Valhalla stuff could be better. I really hope Sean will eventually bring his Valhalla stuff to iPad. Whenever I asked him about it he never seemed much interested in iPad and criticising the App Store business. Which I can understand. But man would Valhalla stuff be nice on iPad 😄

cytomic seems to have a similar feeling about ios.

• edited October 2023

It absolutely makes sense to me if you come from a desktop world where you can sell your software freely without any tax so that your software can be sold “extra secure” and checked by “professionals” in “no time”.
    That must seem f***ing ridiculous to people that never needed an AppStore to sell their software. Each to their own but I’m all in for side loading software on iPads/iPhones. If people choose to be safe they only look for software on the AppStore but if people like us musicians wish to download their Valhalla, Cytomic or Soundtoys plugins outside of the AppStore they should be allowed to do so.

Edit: Oh and specially downloading plugins that are paid for already.

• For me, my favorite ones are on the desktop. But instead of phantasizing which one I wish to be the best, I did little usage research on all of my iOS projects. I didn't expect this result. 🤔 I barely ever recommend this app, but the final winner by a large margin was:

BLEASS Reverb. 🤩

• wow so many choices. thanks guys

• @Luxthor said:
    For me, my favorite ones are on the desktop. But instead of phantasizing which one I wish to be the best, I did little usage research on all of my iOS projects. I didn't expect this result. 🤔 I barely ever recommend this app, but the final winner by a large margin was:

BLEASS Reverb. 🤩

What was the metric? Which one you used the most?

Honestly it may be similar for me. I never notice but I use the Bleass reverb quite a lot.

• @HotStrange said:

@Luxthor said:
    For me, my favorite ones are on the desktop. But instead of phantasizing which one I wish to be the best, I did little usage research on all of my iOS projects. I didn't expect this result. 🤔 I barely ever recommend this app, but the final winner by a large margin was:

BLEASS Reverb. 🤩

Honestly it may be similar for me. I never notice but I use the Bleass reverb quite a lot.

The metric was to check 20% of my AUM projects for Reverb Inserts; the pattern was obvious from the start.

Funny thing, in 90% of cases, I’m using BLEASS Reverb as a saturator for everything metallic. For some reason, this reverb has the best metallic saturation of them all. Don’t tell this to anyone, it’s a secret. 🤫😂

• @Luxthor said:

@HotStrange said:

@Luxthor said:

BLEASS Reverb. 🤩

The metric was to check 20% of my AUM projects for Reverb Inserts; the pattern was obvious from the start.

Funny thing, in 90% of cases, I’m using BLEASS Reverb as a saturator for everything metallic. For some reason, this reverb has the best metallic saturation of them all. Don’t tell this to anyone, it’s a secret. 🤫😂

Haha your secret is safe with me 🤐

But I agree. It’s a pretty versatile effect. Like most Bleass effects honestly. They always do much more than what a typical effect like that would do. See also: their phase, flanger, and Slow Machine.

• @Montreal_Music said:
    2023 update?

There is no best reverb would be my 2023 update haha. But I find recently that if I just want very beautiful natural smaller reverbs, which is usually what I want, that MagicVerb sounds amazing and is very fast to use. Pro R is also great for that (I only have 1, not 2). For big reverbs, creative reverbs etc there are just so many choices, Alteza, Tails, Silo, Cascade, Blackhole MD many others all have their own unique features, workflows, strong points etc, imo

• @HotStrange said:

@Luxthor said:

@HotStrange said:

@Luxthor said:

BLEASS Reverb. 🤩

But I agree. It’s a pretty versatile effect. Like most Bleass effects honestly. They always do much more than what a typical effect like that would do. See also: their phase, flanger, and Slow Machine.

I love their reverb… my go to is to use the “stage” preset on drums and turn the wet down to about 10% .

• @Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    2023 update?

There is no best reverb would be my 2023 update haha. But I find recently that if I just want very beautiful natural smaller reverbs, which is usually what I want, that MagicVerb sounds amazing and is very fast to use. Pro R is also great for that (I only have 1, not 2). For big reverbs, creative reverbs etc there are just so many choices, Alteza, Tails, Silo, Cascade, Blackhole MD many others all have their own unique features, workflows, strong points etc, imo

I bought Silo and never really tried it. Let's do this!

I was a fan of Eventide in 1994, but is it me or they have the same product in 2023?

I have many fancy reverb, but a reverb I often use is Free Verb or Free Reverb. You cannot create a wall of sound, but when you play an instrument, you don't want a wall of sound.

I will learn more about MagicVerb, thanks.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    2023 update?

I was a fan of Eventide in 1994, but is it me or they have the same product in 2023?

I have many fancy reverb, but a reverb I often use is Free Verb or Free Reverb. You cannot create a wall of sound, but when you play an instrument, you don't want a wall of sound.

You mean the free AudioKit reverb? IIRC that one uses part of the code form Valhalla.

Seconding Gavs recommendation for MagicVerb, it’s fantastic. One of my favorites as well.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    2023 update?

Yeah, Eventide don't seem very innovative, I don't see them as a very exciting company compared to many others in the iOS software space, but I do like the sound of Blackhole and I appreciate that ribbon controller they have on their apps. Ultratap is another good one of theirs, actually. But yes, they're certainly not doing anything near as innovative now as companies like Unfiltered Audio. Still, glad they are making apps for iOS, though it's really been a while!

• @Fear2Stop said:

@HotStrange said:

@Luxthor said:

@HotStrange said:

@Luxthor said:

BLEASS Reverb. 🤩

I love their reverb… my go to is to use the “stage” preset on drums and turn the wet down to about 10% .

Yep same here. I didn’t realize until that comment just how often I use it. That and TB Reverb are probably my most use by far with MagicVerb rounding out the top 3.

• @HotStrange said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    2023 update?

You mean the free AudioKit reverb? IIRC that one uses part of the code form Valhalla.

Seconding Gavs recommendation for MagicVerb, it’s fantastic. One of my favorites as well.

The free verb with the red logo. They have free chorus, free overdrive and others free apps. Cannot remember the exact name.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@HotStrange said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    2023 update?

The free verb with the red logo. They have free chorus, free overdrive and others free apps. Cannot remember the exact name.

Ah the Blamsoft apps! Test those are excellent. Their filter app is also one of the best on iOS.

• @Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    2023 update?

Yeah, Eventide don't seem very innovative, I don't see them as a very exciting company compared to many others in the iOS software space, but I do like the sound of Blackhole and I appreciate that ribbon controller they have on their apps. Ultratap is another good one of theirs, actually. But yes, they're certainly not doing anything near as innovative now as companies like Unfiltered Audio. Still, glad they are making apps for iOS, though it's really been a while!

The best thing about the Eventide H9 series is its simplicity of use but complex and top-of-the industry reverb algorithms.

If you want a complex Blackhole then pay $500 for Blackhole Immersive! ;)

• @Luxthor said:

@Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Gavinski said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    2023 update?

The best thing about the Eventide H9 series is its simplicity of use but complex and top-of-the industry reverb algorithms.

If you want a complex Blackhole then pay $500 for Blackhole Immersive! ;)

“Hey siri is it weird to find a reverb UI attractive?”

• Eventide are “innovative” in their own way.
    My feeling is they try to keep focus on a limited amount of features but always very well addressed. They seem to focus above all on sound quality for a “conventional” live musician. Whatever the settings in an FX, you always stay within the acceptable boundaries of what an audience would expect. I respect that and we need also this on iOS.
    Speaking of Eventide, I bought few months ago their plug-in Undulator (2.99€). It’s just fantastic to bring any (dull) sound to life, adding movement and a bit of glitter. Let’s be a bit poetic… like the leaves of a tree reflecting or obfuscating the light during a sunny and windy day. Not very discussed here on the forum but really worth trying !

• @HotStrange said:

Haha, yes it is! 🤩 Immersive is on discount at the moment, but still $199.

• For sheer bang per buck you’re not going to beat the AudioKit Rack Reverb, and yes, the Blamsoft free one is good too.

I can live with Eventide not being hugely innovative, because what they offer is already great. Blackhole is my go-to reverb, and ends up on pretty much everything. Often just the default with the mix turned down a little if I’m being subtle(!).

Other than that, there are just so many lovely reverbs on iOS, “there isn’t one” pretty much covers it for “best”.

• edited December 2023

@Paulo164 said:
    Eventide are “innovative” in their own way.
    My feeling is they try to keep focus on a limited amount of features but always very well addressed. They seem to focus above all on sound quality for a “conventional” live musician. Whatever the settings in an FX, you always stay within the acceptable boundaries of what an audience would expect. I respect that and we need also this on iOS.
    Speaking of Eventide, I bought few months ago their plug-in Undulator (2.99€). It’s just fantastic to bring any (dull) sound to life, adding movement and a bit of glitter. Let’s be a bit poetic… like the leaves of a tree reflecting or obfuscating the light during a sunny and windy day. Not very discussed here on the forum but really worth trying !

On reflection actually, I think you're right that Eventide are perhaps fairly innovative, I take back my earlier comment!

• @bygjohn said:
    For sheer bang per buck you’re not going to beat the AudioKit Rack Reverb, and yes, the Blamsoft free one is good too.

I can live with Eventide not being hugely innovative, because what they offer is already great. Blackhole is my go-to reverb, and ends up on pretty much everything. Often just the default with the mix turned down a little if I’m being subtle(!).

Other than that, there are just so many lovely reverbs on iOS, “there isn’t one” pretty much covers it for “best”.

Does the AudioKit one use some of the code from the Valhalla reverb? I remember reading that somewhere.

• @Luxthor said:

@HotStrange said:

Haha, yes it is! 🤩 Immersive is on discount at the moment, but still $199.

Whew outta my price range lol though I’m sure it’s worth it.

• @Gavinski said:

@Paulo164 said:
    Eventide are “innovative” in their own way.

In reflection actually, I think you're right that Eventide are perhaps fairly innovative, I take back my earlier comment!

Ah, no worry ! You still could think they are not if you think so 😀
    Let’s say they are not innovative the same way a single dev company would be. They have to trade off with a lot of criteria, starting with a long track record of loyal pro consumers to satisfy.