Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best IOS reverb ?

what is your favorite ios reverb.? I have blackhole and few others. just curious to what else is out there that is good

Comments

• Hmm.... I really like Alteza, Thafknar, Pro R, TB Reverb, Kleverb

• Reverb-FDN from amazing noises, can’t recomend enough

• ...and AU3FX Space. And Blackhole.

• Eos2 is great and has a soothing quality for ambient stuff. Tb I think is the best overall reverb. Stereo eq, pitch shifting, lfo, etc.

• Pro-R, Toneboosters Reverb, Virsyn Audioreverb, Blackhole, and Alteza

• I use ADverb2, Eos, and Eventide Spring the most.

• edited February 2021

Although not classically a reverb, Velvet Machine can make very nice, unique spaces.
    Eventide Spring is pretty nice too.
    I'm liking the convolution spaces and reverbs in MixBox recently.
    And of course, the Drambo plate and FDN reverbs are excellent for electronic music (I've just got to answer D in each of your threads now haha).
    Actually, Kymatica's AU3FX Space is another excellent reverb for electronic sounds in particular. The swirl parameter, and automation of the dual filter parameters is really really cool.

• Eos & Blackhole B)

• Fabfilters, Eos, and Blackhole. I like Alteza but it’s more of a special effect (shimmer). Usually I wind up taking it off the track because it’s too much.

• No love for Stratosphere Reverb? That's my go-to for wall-of-ambience sounds.

• TB:Reverb has a randomizer and also works on iOS.

• @celtic_elk said:
    No love for Stratosphere Reverb? That's my go-to for wall-of-ambience sounds.

I forgot to mention that one. It’s good 👍

• @celtic_elk said:

stratosphere i don’t know that is it ipad only?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Fabfilters, Eos, and Blackhole. I like Alteza but it’s more of a special effect (shimmer). Usually I wind up taking it off the track because it’s too much.

You don't need to apply Shimmer! My personal favourite use of this reverb is to just use the default preset, turn the dry up and the wet down, to make it more subtle. Then it can be just a very mellow and nice sounding reverb, great for ambient but no Shimmer. You only get Shimmer in alteza if you use the pitching functions.

• TB: Reverb
    AudioReverb
    AltiSpace
    Stratosphere

• @Gavinski said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Fabfilters, Eos, and Blackhole. I like Alteza but it’s more of a special effect (shimmer). Usually I wind up taking it off the track because it’s too much.

You don't need to apply Shimmer! My personal favourite use of this reverb is to just use the default preset, turn the dry up and the wet down, to make it more subtle. Then it can be just a very mellow and nice sounding reverb, great for ambient but no Shimmer. You only get Shimmer in alteza if you use the pitching functions.

Tnx, sounds like I need to explore it more. All the presets I tried have an excess of high end.

• The presets are definitely more geared towards showing how radical it can be, yes. But just try that default preset and adjust the dry and wet levels to taste, to start with, and I'm sure you'll love the results!

• @celtic_elk said:

Jakob Haq talked about and after you mentioned it I just bought it and tried it. I love it 👍🏼
    Also i’m considering buying Alteza since I have heard so much about it. For shimmer I have used TB reverb bit maybe it is time to try out Alteza.
    Apart from that I use Eos and BlackHole.

• I always come back to Virsyn’s AudioReverb It’s versatile, reliable and super high quality. And AUv3 of course

• @Lorichs said:

@celtic_elk said:

Jakob Haq talked about and after you mentioned it I just bought it and tried it. I love it 👍🏼
    Also i’m considering buying Alteza since I have heard so much about it. For shimmer I have used TB reverb bit maybe it is time to try out Alteza.
    Apart from that I use Eos and BlackHole.

Yes, I like Stratosphere a lot. I do wish the size modulation and panning weren't both controlled by the same knob, but apart from that I like it a lot.

@zeroG said:
    I always come back to Virsyn’s AudioReverb It’s versatile, reliable and super high quality. And AUv3 of course

Just got this day before yesterday, seems promising for sure

• @Gavinski said:
    Yes, I like Stratosphere a lot. I do wish the size modulation and panning weren't both controlled by the same knob, but apart from that I like it a lot.

Likewise. I almost never use the modulation for precisely this reason.

• Made this test trying to compare my 4 reverbs. Some of your guys might do a better job for sure 😉 but i thought that i would share it anyway.

• @Gavinski said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

I second this. I’d bet there are many preset people (not saying that poster is one, or that it’s a bad thing) that don’t even realize that the default and many of the presets have the wet is much higher than the dry. It can kind of influence you to only think about drenching a track instead of sprinkling it.

And I still like Pro-R the best, but I can admit the TB Reverb is a great competitor. I really need to go back and check out the apeSoft reverb sometime though, now that I have a better handle on their craziness.

• The TB reverb is really cool and unique. I like the fact that you can customize your reverb like that.

• Apparently ValhallaDSP wrote the algorithms for EOS2, so that should be closest to what you’re looking for.

• @looperboy said:
    Apparently ValhallaDSP wrote the algorithms for EOS2, so that should be closest to what you’re looking for.

Good to know thank you! EOS2 is really simple and fun to use.

• Eos was a very (!) early work of Sean Costello. It‘s lightyears from Valhalla Plate... ;)

• @Telefunky said:
    Eos was a very (!) early work of Sean Costello. It‘s lightyears from Valhalla Plate... ;)

Yep.

But, some of his tips and tricks for Eos still apply to Eos2:

https://valhalladsp.com/2009/07/29/eos-tips-and-tricks/

• His tips and tricks are true treasure chest... B)
    A lot of knowledge and entertaining to read.

• I have a ton of reverbs but always end up using the latest one. Has Altispace2 been mentioned?. It’s got some unique sounds. I like unique sounds mainly because I suck at reverbs, ashamed to say I can’t really tell the difference between a room in one and a room in another… when I read “great sounding reverb” I think “Aren’t they all?”. FabFilter Reverb is supposed to be excellent but you can’t choose the algorithm (room, hall, plate…) and that makes me nervous 😬, probably because I don’t know what’s going on. Would someone care to explain?.
    Oh, almost forgot, I really dig Spatializer, which I don’t know if it qualifies as reverb but it’s great for adding sense of space without muddying things up.