Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2021 Desktop Plugins/Samples Sales List

Comments

• IK just added new hardware buy-in options for those still on the fence. I had a feeling they might sweeten the pot here at the end so they could move on to other things. Doesn't help those who've already bought in, though.

• edited October 2021

Ooh! And the new virtual X-Gear pedals! Dang, wish I would have saved a couple slots. On the other hand, had I known I would have made the Uno synth my entry purchase.

@aaronpc said:
    IK just added new hardware buy-in options for those still on the fence. I had a feeling they might sweeten the pot here at the end so they could move on to other things. Doesn't help those who've already bought in, though.

• interesting,, so i could buy the Uno now and still get an additional 21 free?

• @shinyisshiny said:
    interesting,, so i could buy the Uno now and still get an additional 21 free?

Yes

• @shinyisshiny said:
    interesting,, so i could buy the Uno now and still get an additional 21 free?

That is my understanding. If you do that, don’t rub it in! You MIGHT be able to buy hardware from somewhere you might have credits or a gift card or something at. I know sweetwater has the software with the buy-one-get-X deal. It might be worth a call to your sales person. “Say Might one more time”

• @Sawiton said:
    Ooh! And the new virtual X-Gear pedals! Dang, wish I would have saved a couple slots. On the other hand, had I known I would have made the Uno synth my entry purchase.

@aaronpc said:
    IK just added new hardware buy-in options for those still on the fence. I had a feeling they might sweeten the pot here at the end so they could move on to other things. Doesn't help those who've already bought in, though.

I just had that same thought, I chose a bunch of sampletank libraries that I’ll never use and I had a feeling on the last few that I should have just waited (I’m in at the 99 and 199 levels). I’m sure it will go to 25 anyway,

• @mrufino1 said: I’m sure it will go to 25 anyway,

Four more. Just enough to get the X-Pedals! Not sure what to do with four more 50 levelers.

• @Sawiton said:

@mrufino1 said: I’m sure it will go to 25 anyway,

Four more. Just enough to get the X-Pedals! Not sure what to do with four more 50 levelers.

Where are these X-Pedals anyway? I don't see anything but the hardware pedals that come with matching software, and those are in preorder. I'm pretty sure you only get one hardware thing as a buy-in, not as a freebie add-on no matter what you paid. Still a great incentive for those who were holding out.

• @aaronpc said:

@Sawiton said:

@mrufino1 said: I’m sure it will go to 25 anyway,

Where are these X-Pedals anyway? I don't see anything but the hardware pedals that come with matching software, and those are in preorder. I'm pretty sure you only get one hardware thing as a buy-in, not as a freebie add-on no matter what you paid. Still a great incentive for those who were holding out.

There are virtual versions of the X-Pedals available in Amplitude.

• I'm sure most of you know about this but for the newbies:

Free "PaulXStretch" plug in for Mac & Windows here:

https://xenakios.wordpress.com/paulxstretch-plugin/

• For the ik Multimedia promo, does anyone know if the max versions of relevant software applies or did they intentionally exclude because of the matching part of the deal ?

Thanks

• edited October 2021

@robertpb said:
    For the ik Multimedia promo, does anyone know if the max versions of relevant software applies or did they intentionally exclude because of the matching part of the deal ?

Thanks

No Max options as I understand it, however you can basically build your own. I did this with T-Racks, starting with the Deluxe option as the base.

• edited October 2021

[Duplicate]

• @Cambler said:
    [Duplicate]

Thank you!

• Next level for IK Multimedia deal was hit. Looks like they opened up more lower cost Amplitude options. Nice.

• Sound Dust Orgone 2 on sale for 12 Euro (70% off). Love this developer. Pretty cool although it wasn't my most desired library from him, still grabbed it to support and it has a random button for parameters. You need to own full Kontakt. Videos are on the deal page check it out...

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/70-off-orgone-2-by-sound-dust/

• @Sawiton said:
    Next level for IK Multimedia deal was hit. Looks like they opened up more lower cost Amplitude options. Nice.

BOOM!

• edited October 2021

For the IKM deal, if you were to go in with the hardware as your first option then are you expected to purchase it from Amazon or wherever and then register it against your account to start the ball rolling on selecting the other items in the deal? Or does it need to come from the UK IKM warehouse to count? It doesn't look like the hardware can be bought directly though the deal website unless I'm missing something.

It would not necessarily be my first choice but, for example, Amazon have the UNO Synth on at £109 so if I were to buy this and register it then would it count as a "199" (in Euros) tier item? Would be great if this were the case!

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    For the IKM deal, if you were to go in with the hardware as your first option then are you expected to purchase it from Amazon or wherever and then register it against your account to start the ball rolling on selecting the other items in the deal? Or does it need to come from the UK IKM warehouse to count? It doesn't look like the hardware can be bought directly though the deal website unless I'm missing something.

It would not necessarily be my first choice but, for example, Amazon have the UNO Synth on at £109 so if I were to buy this and register it then would it count as a "199" (in Euros) tier item? Would be great if this were the case!

From what I read on the KVR forum, no matter from where you got it, as long as it's registered during the promotion period you will get in with the value that is listed on their page. So I'm rather confident you would get in with the 199€ tier. (Not an offical opinion though, treat with care. In doubt, ask their support.)

There is quite a lot of unregistered second hand trade for cheap going on there right now, where people sell licenses that haven't been registered yet. (They can detect stuff they gave away for free though it seems, so needs to be something that was actually payed for.)

• @FloRi89 said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:

From what I read on the KVR forum, no matter from where you got it, as long as it's registered during the promotion period you will get in with the value that is listed on their page. So I'm rather confident you would get in with the 199€ tier. (Not an offical opinion though, treat with care. In doubt, ask their support.)

There is quite a lot of unregistered second hand trade for cheap going on there right now, where people sell licenses that haven't been registered yet. (They can detect stuff they gave away for free though it seems, so needs to be something that was actually payed for.)

Thanks, still on the fence but good to know! IK Multimedia iRig Keys I/O MIDI 49 is on at £226 (299 tier) with the option of paying in 5 monthly installments on Amazon at the moment but out of stock so could be a gamble.

• edited October 2021

Thanks for pointing that option out.

I hadn't really considered the Uno Synth before, but £109 is a great price especially as it opens up the €199 tier.

I have looked at the IK group buy deal dozens of times (FOMO!) and just couldn't find a way in that I could justify it as so much of the software is effectively duplicates of what I can already do with Logic/Reason/3rd party plugins I already own (even if many of the IK ones are better quality).

Amazon are doing same day delivery for the Uno Synth too! Despite telling myself repeatedly I don't need or really want much of the IK stuff, for £109 with a 'free' hardware synth thrown in, I've convinced myself it's too good a deal to pass up.

I'll find out tonight if the €199 tier opens up and if that includes Modo Drum/Bass and MixBox (which are €299 but drop to €199 on promo when you log in to your account).

• @klownshed said:

I hadn't really considered the Uno Synth before, but £109 is a great price especially as it opens up the €199 tier.

I have looked at the IK group buy deal dozens of times (FOMO!) and just couldn't find a way in that I could justify it as so much of the software is effectively duplicates of what I can already do with Logic/Reason/3rd party plugins I already own (even if better quality).

Amazon are doing same day delivery for the Uno Synth too! Despite telling myself repeatedly I don't need or really want much of the IK stuff, for £109 with a 'free' hardware synth thrown in, I've convinced myself it's too good a deal to pass up.

I too saw that same day delivery on the UNO and was very close to clicking the button! I couldn't quite work out what I'd want from that tier though, if it had been in the 249 tier then it would have been more of a shoe-in. I've taken a gamble on the IKM 49 key with 5 monthly payments to get me into the 299 tier and cancel the order if I haven't heard anything about shipping in a week as it is out of stock and will probably ship from Europe so who knows how long it will take to get here.

• edited October 2021

@klownshed said:

I have looked at the IK group buy deal dozens of times (FOMO!) and just couldn't find a way in that I could justify it as so much of the software is effectively duplicates of what I can already do with Logic/Reason/3rd party plugins I already own (even if better quality).

I too saw that same day delivery on the UNO and was very close to clicking the button! I couldn't quite work out what I'd want from that tier though, if it had been in the 249 tier then it would have been more of a shoe-in. I've taken a gamble on the IKM 49 key with 5 monthly payments to get me into the 299 tier and cancel the order if I haven't heard anything about shipping in a week as it is out of stock and will probably ship from Europe so who knows how long it will take to get here.

Had another look at the deal and decided I'm in a similar boat to you (Logic) and also happy with what I'm getting from my iPad with StudioMux. The only thing I'm really missing is some decent native guitar amp sims so I have changed my mind and gone back with the Uno (coming tomorrow now :smile: ). Almost went for the drum synth which is £160 (249 tier) and with monthly payment options but a quick look at the reviews said it was not very good. I'll stick to the plan of waiting for Sampletron to go on a 50% sale and pick it up on iPad.

• @klownshed said:

I'll find out tonight if the €199 tier opens up and if that includes Modo Drum/Bass and MixBox (which are €299 but drop to €199 on promo when you log in to your account).

I didn't know this part, I will be keen to hear how you get on!

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:

@klownshed said:

I didn't know this part, I will be keen to hear how you get on!

I'm hoping I will able to get MixBox, but am prepared for the worst just in case I've not understood the terms correctly. IK seem to enjoy unnecessarily needling their customers :lol:

• I can confirm that the price is 199 if you own something over 99$ (and since you want to register smth for 199 that is the case). So I don't think you have to worry :).

Another thing:
    Those new X-Gear things are really nice, consider those for getting as freebie, even if you don't plan to use Amplitube much. You can just run AT as a shell and have them inside.

The CPU consumption for that on my MBP 2012 is more then for a stock reverb for example, but less then for the SSS reverb, so it's reasonable to do this.

• edited October 2021

@FloRi89 said:
    I can confirm that the price is 199 if you own something over 99$ (and since you want to register smth for 199 that is the case). So I don't think you have to worry :).

Cool, thanks :-)

Another thing:
    Those new X-Gear things are really nice, consider those for getting as freebie, even if you don't plan to use Amplitube much. You can just run AT as a shell and have them inside.

Thanks for the heads up... I do plan on getting Amplitube and the X-Gear plug-ins do look really good.

I've been convincing myself I don't want/need the IK stuff for so long it's actually quite nice to get excited about choosing what to get :-) I think my 'issue' before was I just couldn't find the first product to buy as I really wanted at least the €199 tier; Being able to get that for just £109 and get a hardware synth thrown in tipped the scales.

So far, I'm thinking I'll get:

Amplitube 5, T-racks (not sure whether to get SE or 5 as a starter yet), Mixbox, Modo Drums, Modo Bass, Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE

and then work out which extra amplitube/T-Racks stuff to add and maybe syntronik? But I'm not particularly thrilled about the huge sample library VIs. I don't like using external HDs for sample libraries, especially with my MBP.

Having said that it's probably worth my while getting at least Syntronik and just not installing it until I want something specific...

Decisions, decisions :-)

• edited October 2021

And the best thing about getting a UNO Synth is that I get yet another Bad Gear featured bit of gear...

• The UNO will be my first (and likely last) hardware synth and I've been watching a few vids this morning, including one from Doug who does some interesting things with it using the iPad preset manager.

If registering the hardware gives me access to some of the 299 tier apps then I will be well chuffed.

I also want to avoid installing too much stuff. I may get SampleTank CS rather than the SE edition just to download the American Acoustic pack as I was going to get that on the iPad at some point but not for £21.99 like it is at the moment. I can probably live without any of the other SampleTank stuff as it takes up a lot of space. Does anyone know if you can choose not to download the content that it comes with as that may sway my decision?

I was thinking of also getting the CS version of Amplitube and grabbing a choice selection of IAPs but from what I have read the CS version is missing some of the core functionality of the other editions such as IR support which would limit some of its usefulness: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/include/at5/gear_list_pdf/AmpliTube_5_comparison.pdf

I'll get Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE but not install it as StaffPad has me covered there.

How deep I go with T-Racks depends on whether I managed to snag Mixbox with the promotion.

Not so bothered about the Modo's (Logic drums and I have a real bass) though there will likely be enough free slots to include them.

I have Syntronik on the iPad so will likely skip that one.

I read that there is stuff that you don't see on the main sale page, including a load of extra Amplitube bits such as the X-Gears mentioned earlier which look interesting. I also saw a suggestion that buying back in with a 39 Euro item (e.g. Sampletank instrument) is a good way of filling out some of the Amplitube gaps.