Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2021 Desktop Plugins/Samples Sales List

Comments

• @klownshed said:
    Free amp sim thing Black Sun free until 01/12/21

https://audioassault.mx/products/blacksun

Wow! There is a lot in that deal! Thank You!

• @Sawiton said:

@klownshed said:
    Free amp sim thing Black Sun free until 01/12/21

https://audioassault.mx/products/blacksun

Wow! There is a lot in that deal! Thank You!

👍

• Another IK Multi download just became available. They're accelerating now.

• @NeuM said:
    Another IK Multi download just became available. They're accelerating now.

Buy 1 get 19 free?

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=11269

• Just crested 20,000, should mean the IK deal extends into October.

• edited September 2021

If that’s the case, I’ll wait until the end of October to consider it. The Izotope deal is more compelling for me ATM, the plebs on Reddit suggest that the Tonal Balance Bundle has never been so cheap. I feel like the only thing I might want from IK is Mixbox. Feel free to encourage me otherwise though :)

• @gothamoddisee said:
    Just crested 20,000, should mean the IK deal extends into October.

yep..

The power to extend the Group Buy
    is in your hands (again)
    Reach 20,000 participants by the end of September, and we'll extend the Group Buy through October! Only a few days to go and a couple more friends or family members could really help push us past the goal line. So spread the word.

• @ahallam said:
    If that’s the case, I’ll wait until the end of October to consider it. The Izotope deal is more compelling for me ATM, the plebs on Reddit suggest that the Tonal Balance Bundle has never been so cheap. I feel like the only thing I might want from IK is Mixbox. Feel free to encourage me otherwise though :)

Not going to encourage you to buying you anything, if you feel you have enough stay away :D. But here are a few inputs about stuff that I love from this group buy that you wouldn't get in the Izotope bundle:

TRacks

• The SSS reverb is out of this world good. I don't know how they pulled that off, but it just sounds so good
    • Comprexxor is a really good character compressor

Mixbox - Nothing special to say here it's awesome

SampleTank - Especially on my old MBP sample based instruments are fantastic because they use little resources

Syntronik - I'm a sucker for old synths

• @FloRi89 said:

@ahallam said:

Not going to encourage you to buying you anything, if you feel you have enough stay away :D. But here are a few inputs about stuff that I love from this group buy that you wouldn't get in the Izotope bundle:

TRacks

• The SSS reverb is out of this world good. I don't know how they pulled that off, but it just sounds so good
    • Comprexxor is a really good character compressor

Mixbox - Nothing special to say here it's awesome

SampleTank - Especially on my old MBP sample based instruments are fantastic because they use little resources

Syntronik - I'm a sucker for old synths

Spot on.

IK Tapes are also really nice. They can give the low end bump, the high end sheen, and that shifting-compression type sound.

Modo Bass is great. Really tweaky. You can actually get a great reggae bassline sound from it as well.

The Hammond B3, the Clav, the Elektromagnetik and Cinematik libraries are all great.

Sampletron 2 is the surprise of the bunch.

What a deal…

• @gusgranite said:

IK Tapes are also really nice. They can give the low end bump, the high end sheen, and that shifting-compression type sound.

Modo Bass is great. Really tweaky. You can actually get a great reggae bassline sound from it as well.

The Hammond B3, the Clav, the Elektromagnetik and Cinematik libraries are all great.

What a deal…

Yea I was trying to focus on a few highlights, I also love Modo Drums and Miroslav is also fantastic especially with the keyswitches that are integrated in Studio One 5.

Since this is reaching 25 now most likely, I basically get Total Studio 3 Max for roughly 60% off. That's a great deal in my book, I just hope I can stay true to myself and not buy anything else some time :D

• @FloRi89 said:

@gusgranite said:

What a deal…

Yea I was trying to focus on a few highlights, I also love Modo Drums and Miroslav is also fantastic especially with the keyswitches that are integrated in Studio One 5.

Since this is reaching 25 now most likely, I basically get Total Studio 3 Max for roughly 60% off. That's a great deal in my book, I just hope I can stay true to myself and not buy anything else some time :D

Have not heard great things about Miroslav. I could only pick up the CS stripped down version.

• @gusgranite said:

@FloRi89 said:

@gusgranite said:

What a deal…

Have not heard great things about Miroslav. I could only pick up the CS stripped down version.

I'm not an orchestral composer and I don't have any comparison, so I wouldn't put much weight into my opinion, but to me it sounds great. The combined instruments with keyswitches also work really well, in Studio One you have a specific keyswitch track for that so you can quickly switch between articulations.

So I can't say anything bad about it, but that doesn't count for much since I have no experience with orchestral libraries. It's a nice bonus though for me and I'm rather sure it will cover the orchestral needs that I have.

The only bad thing in my opinion is that you have to get the orchestral percussion seperatly, but not a problem in this case since we can pick whatever we want as addon.

• edited September 2021

@FloRi89 said:
    I just hope I can stay true to myself and not buy anything else some time :D

I'm now taking bets on you breaking your promise before the end of the Black Friday sales 😈

(I'm putting all my hopes now in Apple announcing the new mac mini in October, and then I will have to spend my money elsewhere. Forced frugality, if you will)

• @ervin said:

@FloRi89 said:
    I just hope I can stay true to myself and not buy anything else some time :D

I'm now taking bets on you breaking your promise before the end of the Black Friday sales 😈

(I'm putting all my hopes now in Apple announcing the new mac mini in October, and then I will have to spend my money elsewhere. Forced frugality, if you will)

Ouch, yea BF is coming up. That's going to be tough. But I would also rather need a new computer then anything else. The MBP 2012 works but it's a little limited.

• @FloRi89 said:
    But I would also rather need a new computer then anything else. The MBP 2012 works but it's a little limited.

Mac mini 2012 here so I feel you bro. It's pimped up to the max, but when I try to sneak in multiple instances of Kontakt, Logic audibly snorts at me 🤷.

I was already considering the M1 mini, but the fact that there's zero chance of upgrading it later held me back, plus plugin compatibility is still not offered by a lot of manufacturers. I'm banking on the next M1x iteration now, at least until it turns out they don't release it this year :)

• edited September 2021

@ervin said:

@FloRi89 said:

@ervin said:

@NeuM said:

@gusgranite said:
    18 free 💋

Next up… 19.

Based on the trend 19 does look likely, but 20 not so much. I wonder if they will decide to fudge it somehow in order to keep the promo alive for October (not to be altruistic, just to make more money).

Last time there was a big push the last 2 days. It was also quite off 10k 2 days prior but then shot up quite a lot. We will see, even if it doesn't hit 20 I'm satisfied, I got everything that I need from this promo, I'm now chosing stuff that I will probably never use anyway.

Ah so they fudged it back then already! 😉

Seriously though, it's interesting how this thing is playing out in my head. Given the fact that IK has a limited offering of stuff that interests me, and that they have a single product that is not a crossgrade at the 199 (net) price point, my reality is that I would need to spend quite a lot of money to make this promo worth my while. My initial plan of buying individual Syntronik synths is gone now that I bought the whole shebang on ios. Also, I already have synths, drums, basses and mastering stuff, lots of samples, too - so the better this offer gets the more clearly I realise I actually don't need it. Quite a weird feeling, i didn't see it coming. 🤔

But I recall you said you were just starting up on the Mac so it's obviously different for you, fair enough.

I had some of the same train of thought. On paper this looks far too good to miss as I am in the “just bought a Mac and have no software other than Logic” camp. However:

1. I already have full Syntronik and MixBox on iPad
    2. I already have more mastering and FX plugins on the iPad then I’ll ever have the time to understand, never mind actually use. Even the stuff built into Logic is meant to be good quality and so I can’t see me needing more at this stage.
    3. Amplitude is meant to be good but I already have a range of Nembrini plugins and TH-U rigs which do the job.
    4. I am lusting after SampleTron 2 but that is now available on iPad so I’m going to cross my fingers that it gets reduced by a decent amount during Black Friday and pick it up then. IKM should have waited until the sale was over to release this on iPad as it not being there could have tipped things the other way.
    5. Modo drums/bass look interesting but I already have those instruments covered.
    6. StaffPad sorts our my instrumental/orchestral music without needing to mess with MIDI articulations.
    7. I only have the 256GB Mac Mini M1 so it would be getting pretty full if I installed all this nice software.

The biggest reason for not jumping in though is StudioMux, which basically means I get to use all of the iPad apps that I invested in within Logic as if they were native to the Mac. I wish I had found out about it sooner as I might not have bought a new Mac if it worked as well as this on my 2012 Mini.

• @ervin said:

I was already considering the M1 mini, but the fact that there's zero chance of upgrading it later held me back, plus plugin compatibility is still not offered by a lot of manufacturers. I'm banking on the next M1x iteration now, at least until it turns out they don't release it this year :)

With the amount of discounting going on right now with all the M1 first-gen devices other than the iPad Pro, I think there's a very good chance of new hardware before Xmas. And if there are supply chain issues, my blind guess would be that the Mac Mini is the most likely to be ready for Xmas. Screens seem to be the main supply chain issue.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:

@ervin said:

@FloRi89 said:

@ervin said:

@NeuM said:

@gusgranite said:
    18 free 💋

Next up… 19.

Based on the trend 19 does look likely, but 20 not so much. I wonder if they will decide to fudge it somehow in order to keep the promo alive for October (not to be altruistic, just to make more money).

Last time there was a big push the last 2 days. It was also quite off 10k 2 days prior but then shot up quite a lot. We will see, even if it doesn't hit 20 I'm satisfied, I got everything that I need from this promo, I'm now chosing stuff that I will probably never use anyway.

Seriously though, it's interesting how this thing is playing out in my head. Given the fact that IK has a limited offering of stuff that interests me, and that they have a single product that is not a crossgrade at the 199 (net) price point, my reality is that I would need to spend quite a lot of money to make this promo worth my while. My initial plan of buying individual Syntronik synths is gone now that I bought the whole shebang on ios. Also, I already have synths, drums, basses and mastering stuff, lots of samples, too - so the better this offer gets the more clearly I realise I actually don't need it. Quite a weird feeling, i didn't see it coming. 🤔

But I recall you said you were just starting up on the Mac so it's obviously different for you, fair enough.

I had some of the same train of thought. On paper this looks far too good to miss as I am in the “just bought a Mac and have no software other than Logic” camp. However:

2. I already have more mastering and FX plugins on the iPad then I’ll ever have the time to understand, never mind actually use. Even the stuff built into Logic is meant to be good quality and so I can’t see me needing more at this stage.
    3. Amplitude is meant to be good but I already have a range of Nembrini plugins and TH-U rigs which do the job.
    4. I am lusting after SampleTron 2 but that is now available on iPad so I’m going to cross my fingers that it gets reduced by a decent amount during Black Friday and pick it up then. IKM should have waited until the sale was over to release this on iPad as it not being there could have tipped things the other way.
    5. Modo drums/bass look interesting but I already have those instruments covered.
    6. StaffPad sorts our my instrumental/orchestral music without needing to mess with MIDI articulations.
    7. I only have the 256GB Mac Mini M1 so it would be getting pretty full if I installed all this nice software.

The biggest reason for not jumping in though is StudioMux, which basically means I get to use all of the iPad apps that I invested in within Logic as if they were native to the Mac. I wish I had found out about it sooner as I might not have bought a new Mac if it worked as well as this on my 2012 Mini.

I need to spend more time with Studiomux, and see how much the iPad can actually offload from the mini. I have so many synths and effects that it doesn’t make sense to buy anything for desktop that could already be covered. Maybe an iPad 9 could prevent me from wanting a new Mac. Or new desktop music apps…

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:

@ervin said:

@FloRi89 said:

@ervin said:

@NeuM said:

@gusgranite said:
    18 free 💋

Next up… 19.

Modo Bass is best in class though. Better than the Scarbee stuff etc. Modo Drums has much stronger competitors.

• I must admit if I didn't already own what I want from IK, this particular IK deal would have me tempted as the audio interface is well regarded and the 25 for 1 deal will mean you can get all the IK candy you want for under €400. I'm still tempted all the same, as the audio interface is worth circa €300, which means you're paying very little for the rest of your bounty.

• edited September 2021

@ahallam said:
    Izotope Tonal Balance Bundle, crossgrade from any paid Izotope product for just $149

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/7083-Tonal-Balance-Bundle-Crossgrade-from-any-paid-iZotope-Product

Only till September 30th.

Just a reminder last day for this great bundle deal 😎

Thanks for posting ahallam👍

• @LoopyFruit said:

@ahallam said:
    Izotope Tonal Balance Bundle, crossgrade from any paid Izotope product for just $149

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/7083-Tonal-Balance-Bundle-Crossgrade-from-any-paid-iZotope-Product

I'd get it, but then I'd have no cash on hand for rent.

Hmm... live out of my car and get the bundle... or keep the roof overhead and enjoy the FOMO...

• @jonmoore said:
    I must admit if I didn't already own what I want from IK, this particular IK deal would have me tempted as the audio interface is well regarded and the 25 for 1 deal will mean you can get all the IK candy you want for under €400. I'm still tempted all the same, as the audio interface is worth circa €300, which means you're paying very little for the rest of your bounty.

Is this a qualifying product for the group buy promo?

• edited September 2021

@jonmoore said:
    I must admit if I didn't already own what I want from IK, this particular IK deal would have me tempted as the audio interface is well regarded and the 25 for 1 deal will mean you can get all the IK candy you want for under €400. I'm still tempted all the same, as the audio interface is worth circa €300, which means you're paying very little for the rest of your bounty.

Is this a qualifying product for the deal? The only hardware I saw in the list was the ARC mic thingy (which doesn’t count as one of the freebies, has to be the ‘main’ purchase — software only version does though).

• @LoopyFruit said:

@ahallam said:

You’re welcome. I picked up the bundle last night after waffling for the entire month, but I’m looking forward to getting into it this weekend.

• @klownshed said:

Is this a qualifying product for the deal? The only hardware I saw in the list was the ARC mic thingy (which doesn’t count as one of the freebies, has to be the ‘main’ purchase — software only version does though).

Whenever something looks too good to be true, it usually is too good to be true... My glass-half-full nature got the better of me. :)

• edited September 2021

@ervin said:

@FloRi89 said:
    But I would also rather need a new computer then anything else. The MBP 2012 works but it's a little limited.

Mac mini 2012 here so I feel you bro. It's pimped up to the max, but when I try to sneak in multiple instances of Kontakt, Logic audibly snorts at me 🤷.

Speaking of the 2012 Mac mini.... I just bought a used one that I want to use for sound design experiments, wavetable, and sample editing. It's the 2.5 ghz model.

I've collected a few lite Daw versions over the years that I've never tried.

I've got Ableton lite, Bitwig, MultitrackStudio lite, and Tracktion Waveform Free.
    Which of these lite Daws might be the least resource demanding to run on the 2012 mini?

I primarily want to use Vital Wavetable synth, VCV Rack, the Full Bucket Synths, and experiment with some of the other open source synths like Surge. I want to use Audacity as an editor.

My old 2011 mini gets too hot running just Vital, so I'm hoping to at least be able to use one of the Daws as a VST host on the 2012.

I'm not looking to use this for recording songs. If I record it will be for use as wavetable and samples in sound design. I really just want to use the 2012 for sound design and as a synth.

Any advice?

Also for any who like old mac mini's.
    I can't believe I was able to buy a nearly mint condition 2012 mini for only $120US.
    I found it on a site called renewedmacs.com.
    I was expecting to open the shipping box and find a very scratched up and used looking but functioning mac.
    The one I received looks really clean. Maybe I just lucked out and got a really good one...
    But I thought I'd mention it here as I know how much some here love to shop for bargains.

• @horsetrainer said:

@ervin said:

@FloRi89 said:

Speaking of the 2012 Mac mini.... I just bought a used one that I want to use for sound design experiments, wavetable, and sample editing. It's the 2.5 ghz model.

I've collected a few lite Daw versions over the years that I've never tried.

I've got Ableton lite, Bitwig, MultitrackStudio lite, and Tracktion Waveform Free.
    Which of these lite Daws might be the least resource demanding to run on the 2012 mini?

I primarily want to use Vital Wavetable synth, VCV Rack, the Full Bucket Synths, and experiment with some of the other open source synths like Surge. I want to use Audacity as an editor.

My old 2011 mini gets too hot running just Vital, so I'm hoping to at least be able to use one of the Daws as a VST host on the 2012.

I'm not looking to use this for recording songs. If I record it will be for use as wavetable and samples in sound design. I really just want to use the 2012 for sound design and as a synth.

Any advice?

Also for any who like old mac mini's.
    I can't believe I was able to buy a nearly mint condition 2012 mini for only $120US.
    I found it on a site called renewedmacs.com.
    I was expecting to open the shipping box and find a very scratched up and used looking but functioning mac.
    The one I received looks really clean. Maybe I just lucked out and got a really good one...
    But I thought I'd mention it here as I know how much some here love to shop for bargains.

I read a post a little while back claiming that the two most efficient DAWs are Reaper (by far!) and Bitwig. I have versions of both Bitwig and Ableton, and Bitwig seems to be a bit better than Ableton in that respect. I’ve got the quad i7 2012 mini with 16 gigs and a 2TB fusion drive, but Phase Plant came in hard with the crackling on some patches. Vital seems fine.

I set up a separate user account for running a DAW, it lets be cut down on the number of useless menu items and background processes that usually run under my main account. I’ll be diving deeper into Bitwig this weekend, it’s got crazy modulation possibilities. Can update with my thoughts on performance then.

• edited October 2021

https://www.waves.com/account/sibilance-free

Waves Sibilance free today only (30/09/21) Update: Expired.