Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Velvet Machine by Yuri Turov Released- full video walkthrough / demo (5 codes to give away!)

Comments

• edited October 2020

@Gavinski said:

@enkaytee said:
    I'm enjoying Skaka going through something like the square tail preset - slightly tweaked with a bit of pre delay and a lower mix...

I wanted to demo skaka in this but I found Ting sounded a lot better with the existing presets, Nige, but I'll check out that one, thanks for sharing

The 'longer' ones (max cloud etc.) are also amazing with the new piano banks in Moodunits Waverley (though they're pretty incredible on their own!). Slow BPM right down, set Autony on sequence length of 4 with a bit of unreliability and zone out for a while...

• edited October 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Am unfortunate side effect for your wallet then, apologies for that haha. But your music will thank you 😂

You are a declared enemy of my wallet and I warn you are making my wife angry for what you are doing to my finances LOL

• Nice tips guys - I’m currently really enjoying what it can do to Fundamental. Gives a very easy way to adjust the envelopes. If you are doing loop mode in Fundamental, this gives you another easy way to further tweak rises and falls, as well as getting that granulated sound that VM does so well

• @Gavinski said:
    Nice tips guys - I’m currently really enjoying what it can do to Fundamental. Gives a very easy way to adjust the envelopes. If you are doing loop mode in Fundamental, this gives you another easy way to further tweak rises and falls, as well as getting that granulated sound that VM does so well

Good call....I'm on it...👍

• @Gavinski said:

@enkaytee said:
    I'm enjoying Skaka going through something like the square tail preset - slightly tweaked with a bit of pre delay and a lower mix...

I wanted to demo skaka in this but I found Ting sounded a lot better with the existing presets, Nige, but I'll check out that one, thanks for sharing

Just tried the square tail on Skaka - yes, can sound really good with predelay and lower mix - lowering density makes it REALLY cool

• @Prog1967 said:

@Gavinski said:
    Am unfortunate side effect for your wallet then, apologies for that haha. But your music will thank you 😂

You are a declared enemy of my wallet and I warn you are making my wife angry for what you are doing to my finances LOL

Now she knows how it feels to be Mrs Monzo 😂😂

• edited October 2020

@enkaytee that square tail with lower density is also working beautifully for me on some armed synth sounds. Something between a delay and a chorus, really brings things to life. Great app!

• @WillieNegus this? Looks pretty cool

• Well, wait til you see one thing that’s coming very soon - not Geoshred, but something else that people are gong to go wild for 😁😁😁

• It was supposed to come out last week, so who knows, but hopefully very soon. And I'm not talking drambo time here 😂😂😂. As all addicts know, the more bitter the longing the sweeter the fruit. The wait shouldn't be long but oh, this one is a gamechanger I'd say.

• @Gavinski said:
    It was supposed to come out last week, so who knows, but hopefully very soon. And I'm not talking drambo time here 😂😂😂. As all addicts know, the more bitter the longing the sweeter the fruit. The wait shouldn't be long but oh, this one is a gamechanger I'd say.

I’d forgotten about the mention of this, so much tease 🥴

• Am I the only one that hates @Gavinski right now? 😂

• I'll get my coat 😜

• Hahahaha

@Gavinski said:
    I'll get my coat 😜

• It’s getting harder to tell my kids “how many toys do you really need” with a straight face

• @Gavinski said:
    It was supposed to come out last week, so who knows, but hopefully very soon. And I'm not talking drambo time here 😂😂😂. As all addicts know, the more bitter the longing the sweeter the fruit. The wait shouldn't be long but oh, this one is a gamechanger I'd say.

Ah, sounds like it's the same one I'm testing as well ;)

• @Carnbot said:

@Gavinski said:

Ah, sounds like it's the same one I'm testing as well ;)

Haha, I've got a partner in crime now

• @NoiseFloored said:
    It’s getting harder to tell my kids “how many toys do you really need” with a straight face

Same here😂😂😂

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Am I the only one that hates @Gavinski right now? 😂

🤣🤣🤣

• Liking this app a lot - currently enjoying making rhythmic patches (city skyline patterns) - great intuitive interface.

• Very intuitive, yes! What does ‘city skyline patterns’ mean though? @ALB

• ALBALB
    edited October 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Very intuitive, yes! What does ‘city skyline patterns’ mean though? @ALB

Depends on the city, of course!! It makes a rhythmic delay.

• @ALB ah, got you! Good tip. Great control over the envelope in this app.

• Velvet Machine... One of the better app names I’ve seen for music making apps. :p

• @Dunamis I agree! Wonderful name.

Anyway!... The lucky winners of free copies of Velvet are:
    spikemoss
    j.m.
    philandering bastard
    cuizaireekaa
    shmoopy shaboopy

Big congrats! 🎉🎉🎉

• Congrats winners I noticed a couple names in there. Cheers!

• Does anyone here know how this app compares to Stratmosphere Cloud Reverb by Blue Mango?

• @sclurbs said:
    Does anyone here know how this app compares to Stratmosphere Cloud Reverb by Blue Mango?

Different, and better

• Mind you, @sclurbs, they actually go very well together, imo. But if you already have Stratmosphere, which I suspect you do, don’t think you don’t need Velvet!

• @Gavinski said:
    But if you already have Stratmosphere, which I suspect you do, don’t think you don’t need Velvet!

haha, this is always the question of the day when a new app comes out, now that I have over a hundred apps!