Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Most fun hardware instrument you own

124»

Comments

• edited September 2020

@jolico said:

@Frenq said:
    My Korg Prophecy, very unique sounds.

That’s how I got my SH-101.
    Swapped a Prophecy for it.
    No regrets.

Interesting. I always thought about getting a Prophecy for sound design.
    So the only prophecy was that one day it would get sold?

• @rs2000 said:

@jolico said:

@Frenq said:

No regrets.

It is a pretty deep synth that also includes pluck and wind modeling etc., but only 5 assignable knobs, so you need to go menu diving. You can also set the min/max limits of each knob, but like all digital synths of those days there is audible stepping when tweaking them.

I prefer the raw analog sound of the SH-101 with that juicy filter and instant total control at my fingertips.

• i had many instruments but most often come back to the plumbutter2 into a molecular disruptor.

• @SheffieldBleep hi there!
    Nice moniker!
    I have that Artificial Intelligence cd on loop,
    :)
    For me, circuit/microgranny/kastle
    In that order mostly... have a blofeld, it’s great but doesn’t make the top three in this list!

• @id_23 said:
    @SheffieldBleep hi there!
    Nice moniker!
    I have that Artificial Intelligence cd on loop,
    For me, circuit/microgranny/kastle
    In that order mostly... have a blofeld, it’s great but doesn’t make the top three in this list!

Thanks dude. Maybe I will hold onto the circuit

• edited September 2020

It's a toss-up between Eo folding electroclassical guitar and Artiphon Instrument 1. (You might say they're neck and neck. Oh, please yourselves.)

• @jolico said:

@rs2000 said:

@jolico said:

@Frenq said:

No regrets.

It is a pretty deep synth that also includes pluck and wind modeling etc., but only 5 assignable knobs, so you need to go menu diving. You can also set the min/max limits of each knob, but like all digital synths of those days there is audible stepping when tweaking them.

I prefer the raw analog sound of the SH-101 with that juicy filter and instant total control at my fingertips.

Once you’ve got a good sound set up, the Prophecy is a hoot to play with the controllers making it a very expressive instrument to actually play.

It’s capable of some cool sounds. I must have spent hours playing the fretless bass patch that (I’m pretty sure) Eels used on “Susan’s House” when I first got my Prophecy.

Whilst I’m here, I’m going to add the Prophecy, Pro-1 and Novation Circuit Mono Station to the EPS-16 plus and be a bit greedy. All are lots of fun to play for different reasons.

• Roland JD-Xi
    Zoom H6

• 0coast, modular.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Haken Continuum (Full size, but half size is also nice) — it‘s magic. And a great input device for all those nice MPE synths. Unfortunately there is still no MPE Sequencer/editor for iOS …

• @Ploe said:
    Haken Continuum (Full size, but half size is also nice) — it‘s magic. And a great input device for all those nice MPE synths. Unfortunately there is still no MPE Sequencer/editor for iOS …

😭
    You lucky ...
    I would offer an organ for that thing. Maybe one day...

• edited September 2020

Not a single piece of gear but more of an approach. I use my semi-modular synths more in line with modular thinking. Not certain of the math but it feels like patching opportunities grow exponentially with every new piece I add. Currently have a SV1, Mother 32, and Field Kit racked. Also have a Microvolt 3900 and Erebus V3 outboard. 7 oscillators, 7 envelopes, 4 filters, 6 lfos, wavefolder, low pass gate, function generator, 3 sample and holds, 14 audio/cv mixers, 4 midi modules, sequencer, 4 vcas, plus many more utilities. Tons of synthesis power for a fraction of the cost of going fully modular. Of course you lose some of the customization that fully modular allows.....I’m ok with that. I’ve lost myself more times than I can count.

• edited September 2020

I have and play sometimes a C-Melody Saxophone Made in 1896 in Chicago. Mint condition and plays like silk. One of very my few prized possessions.

• Currently my Model Samples.

• Some things about the MS-20 Mini frustrate me, but when I do have a fun time on it, it's because of the sound exploration.

I don't have the talent of this person, but I think it's a good example of the fun factor

• Roland vsynth

• MS-1. The added FM etc. takes it beyond the SH (which I once owned) in some fun directions. 😎👍🏼

• Midi fighter 3D no question

• edited September 2020

@LeeB said:
    Currently my Model Samples.

woow, so you entered elektron universe ? Welcome mate, looking forward to your jams :-)

• @dendy said:

@LeeB said:

woow, so you entered elektron universe ? Welcome mate, looking forward to your jams :-)

6 up on YouTube already 😀

• edited September 2020

@LeeB said:

@dendy said:

@LeeB said:

6 up on YouTube already 😀

whooo, how it is that i missed them ?!? Going to check...

• @mlau yah, that guy in right top quandrant is definitely on first position on my todo purchase list :-)

• Not sure if you’re aware, but Behringer are in the process of cloning the VCS3. They’ve already shared pictures of their completed pin matrix. Politics aside, I am totally supportive of this project!

@u0421793 said:
    If only…

• edited September 2020

Cool thread. Most fun for me - hands-down these two little guys! :smile: I have other synths (too many...) but these are definitely the most fun IMHO.

PS. Please excuse the wine stains. Being an iOS music app developer can drive you to drink :blush: