Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Most fun hardware instrument you own

Comments

• @Artj said:
    I'm embarrassed to say - pocket operator... :s

Don't be embarrassed by that! The PO-33 K.O. (the sampler) is an AMAZING little piece of gear. It's LoFi and limited by the hardware, of course. But not only does it sample audio (by microphone and line in), you can record a 6-second audio clip with 16 drum one-shots, and it will slice them for you and arrange them into separate "pads". Teenage Engineering figured out how to do that on a $89 calculator powered by 2 AAA batteries, but good luck find another piece of hardware under $500 that samples audio at all, let alone with the features and smart UI of the PO-33.

It's hilarious because everyone dumps on the Pocket Operators and calls them "toys", and then you flip over to a thread about any other piece of budget hardware and it's full of comments like this:

"Even the PO-33 has better pattern chaining!"
    "Even the PO-33 can sample audio!"
    "The PO-33 has better real-time effects than this!"

• Ive never enjoyed hardware more than my OPZ. I get tons of inspiration from it and its so versatile sequencing my plugins in AUM via bluetooth.

• My exwife girlfriend’s vibrator?

• @LinearLineman said:
    My exwife girlfriend’s vibrator?

Secrets unveiled at 1000 Soundcloud subscribers.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Yeah forgot to mention that. It was way ahead beyond its time. I really would libe if Korg would release it in IOS.

@jolico said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Korg Trinity V3. I remember when it had the built in digital 4 track audio recorder, which connected to an external SCSI drive (remember those?😳) only thing that drive was as loud as a jet plane landing in the studio!😂 but the internal effects of the Trinity were among the best ever! The internal reverb sounded as good as Blackhole IMHO! This was back in the 90s. I sold all of my onboard options for my Trinity except the ADAT digital out on it. So i still have it in my closet for now but works like a dream! I remember the first time i saw it advertised on a misic magazine! I fore that page and dreamed of having it for years! That silver beast was selling for almost 4k back then!😳😳😳😳 Got mine used but it was sooo worth it.❤️❤️❤️❤️

The Trinity was a lot of fun.
    Also, I don’t think any other instrument had a touch screen those days.

Now that you say it, the Karma is quite a fun instrument too. Not only the Karma function but also the sequencer that can have your phrase patterns fire off by hitting different keys.

• @LinearLineman said:
    My exwife girlfriend’s vibrator?

Did you record a sample? A=440?

• @jolico said:
    The Roland SH-101 has never let me down.

It is very expensive. Anyone have the Behringer clone? I guess it is pretty similar?

• @Montreal_Music said:

@jolico said:

It is very expensive. Anyone have the Behringer clone? I guess it is pretty similar?

I've played one once and being a former SH101 owner, I would say it definitely sounds very similar, it even adds a few tricks the original didn't have, most notably an enhanced sequencer.

• @rs2000 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@jolico said:

I've played one once and being a former SH101 owner, I would say it definitely sounds very similar, it even adds a few tricks the original didn't have, most notably an enhanced sequencer.

Yeah it's pretty close to the sound plus some nice extras like the triangle wave and FM. I much prefer the original sequencer/arpeggiator though and the glide speed and filter resonance isn't the same.

• @BroCoast said:

@rs2000 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@jolico said:

Yeah it's pretty close to the sound plus some nice extras like the triangle wave and FM. I much prefer the original sequencer/arpeggiator though and the glide speed and filter resonance isn't the same.

Filter resonance is a good point. One of my fun sounds included modulating the filter with noise at maximum resonance and that one sounded different indeed on the Behringer. But that wouldn't be a biggie for me.

• edited September 2020

Korg Volca Sample and Novation Circuit both bring instant joy and are Flow State positive.

• I’m considering the sp404 as it looks fun. Am I right?

• The Op-1 and the octatrack. Ditched all this for Drambo :-)

• @SheffieldBleep said:
    I’m considering the sp404 as it looks fun. Am I right?

It is fun indeed!

• @SheffieldBleep said:
    What musical item do you find most fun and inspirational? For me it’s a contest between the digitone and a game boy with nanoloop. OP-Z and digitakt also fun and immediate but not well versed enough in them yet

The Linnstument 128 if that counts. Makes you play in a different way which opens up new possibilities

• @syrupcore said:
    Why? I always have fun with the PO-12.
    @StormJH1 said:
    Don't be embarrassed by that! The PO-33 K.O. (the sampler) is an AMAZING little piece of gear.

Too true. I played with PO-16 and it's been a revelation in that it's fun to use I almost feel bad because it felt more like I'm playing, not working on my piece. Of course, I sampled the hell out of it and arranged them in DP, now THAT felt like work. :D

• edited September 2020

Niceee. I traded my sitar for an Emulator II+... I’d have probably put that down as ‘most fun’ but part of the condition of the trade was that the Emu was broken lol. Still got a sarod at home though.. But never could reconcile left hand fingernails as a guitar player, so it’s just collecting dust now.

Also, I see you kept the Iridium ;)

@chandroji said:

Old School / Analog 😊

Zur Zeit des Fotos etwas angestaubt...

😎

• edited September 2020

these 2 guys ... i have them just few weeks but it's instant love ... i had a LOT of gear in last 30 years, lot of grooveboxes, synths, various sh.. stuff :) But these are totally out of any scale, instant inspiration, i'm starting when i turned on iPad last time, was it may week ago or something like that ? Dunno, not sure even where my iPad is, don't need it anymore :-D :-D

• Recently picked up an op-z on the whim of a half-price clearance sale... do not regret!

Even at a steep discount it's not pocket change compare to my usual fare of iPad apps, and was a bit worried all the raving YTers were over-hyping it (or just paid... although excessive exuberance seems to be a prerequisite for YT success ;). But it really is a lot of fun!

• @aleyas said:
    Niceee. I traded my sitar for an Emulator II+...

I initially read “traded my sister for an Emulator II+” :D

• edited September 2020

@Artj said:

@SheffieldBleep said:
    I’m considering the sp404 as it looks fun. Am I right?

It is fun indeed!

Confirmed! I have the original SP404 version with Compact Flash reader, great use for my vintage digital camera CF cards.
    It has no pitch adjustment for samples though, make sure you can live with it.

• @bennorland said:
    At the moment, the Dreadbox Typhon. Amazing range of sounds

I have one on order - due mid October. I will control it from my Dominion 1 & feed the Dom into the external in. Think that is going to be fantastic fun.

• I find my Yamaha Reface CS synth to be huge fun. Just such an inspiring little synth. No presets and no display means you really get to know it's beautifully simple layout in no time. Never been frustrated or lost with it.
    Built in speakers, battery power, great build quality and characterful sound round off the appeal for me. A keeper.

• @Lurcher said:

@bennorland said:
    At the moment, the Dreadbox Typhon. Amazing range of sounds

I have one on order - due mid October. I will control it from my Dominion 1 & feed the Dom into the external in. Think that is going to be fantastic fun.

It’s a great instrument. The controls and the circuits of the analog side have lots of sweet spots. I find it pretty hard to dial in a sound I don’t immediately like. The coming firmware update looks to address most niggles and add some more FX too. And the FX are really lovely too.

• My piano. Nothing else gives me as much enjoyment as playing it.

• My Korg Prophecy, very unique sounds.

• My OP-1 but I’m hoping when my ISLA S2400 arrives that it will be as fun as the SP1200 I used to own it .

• @Frenq said:
    My Korg Prophecy, very unique sounds.

That’s how I got my SH-101.
    Swapped a Prophecy for it.
    No regrets.

• @FPC said:
    I find my Yamaha Reface CS synth to be huge fun. Just such an inspiring little synth. No presets and no display means you really get to know it's beautifully simple layout in no time. Never been frustrated or lost with it.
    Built in speakers, battery power, great build quality and characterful sound round off the appeal for me. A keeper.

I agree. The Reface CS is lots of instant fun!

• Definitely old-school analog for me!