Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Most fun hardware instrument you own

Comments

• Alesis Strike Pro drumkit

• The ExpressiveE Touché. A controller not an instrument but still lots of fun!

• SOMA Lyra-8

Guitars and pedalboard

• Acoustic guitar in some non-standard tuning (Yamaha FG 335)

Acoustic drum kit (Sonor Force 3007)

• my Mbira huru from Zimbabwe, followed by my Rick Turner 30" scale 5 string Renaissance fretless bass tuned e-c.

• At the moment it's the Roland MC707, feels like it was made just for me.

• Any sampler really, but specifically my trusty E-MU E4XT Ultra.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Korg Trinity V3. I remember when it had the built in digital 4 track audio recorder, which connected to an external SCSI drive (remember those?😳) only thing that drive was as loud as a jet plane landing in the studio!😂 but the internal effects of the Trinity were among the best ever! The internal reverb sounded as good as Blackhole IMHO! This was back in the 90s. I sold all of my onboard options for my Trinity except the ADAT digital out on it. So i still have it in my closet for now but works like a dream! I remember the first time i saw it advertised on a misic magazine! I fore that page and dreamed of having it for years! That silver beast was selling for almost 4k back then!😳😳😳😳 Got mine used but it was sooo worth it.❤️❤️❤️❤️

The Trinity was a lot of fun.
    Also, I don’t think any other instrument had a touch screen those days.

• Don't own it anymore, but I loved my Wasp synth - it was a temperamental little beggar and would throw tantrums regularly but boy was it fun....Had to sell it when money got tight a couple of years ago but still regret it....😩

• Yeah forgot to mention that. It was way ahead beyond its time. I really would libe if Korg would release it in IOS.

@jolico said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Korg Trinity V3. I remember when it had the built in digital 4 track audio recorder, which connected to an external SCSI drive (remember those?😳) only thing that drive was as loud as a jet plane landing in the studio!😂 but the internal effects of the Trinity were among the best ever! The internal reverb sounded as good as Blackhole IMHO! This was back in the 90s. I sold all of my onboard options for my Trinity except the ADAT digital out on it. So i still have it in my closet for now but works like a dream! I remember the first time i saw it advertised on a misic magazine! I fore that page and dreamed of having it for years! That silver beast was selling for almost 4k back then!😳😳😳😳 Got mine used but it was sooo worth it.❤️❤️❤️❤️

The Trinity was a lot of fun.
    Also, I don’t think any other instrument had a touch screen those days.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

I have this Danelectro bass practice amp that blows my mind and brings me pure joy every time I plug in. It cost $75 or so and produces my ideal bass tone both through its speaker and even direct out the RCA outputs and headphone jack. It weighs about 12 pounds and takes up about 1 sq ft of floor space. It simply amazes me. I spent years trying to talk myself out of believing this was possible but now I just don't care. Every time I plug into the thing I'm instantly in bass tone heaven.

• edited September 2020

s2000 with eb16 SDcard modded, juno106, Novation xStation... Dead; eps16+ with output expander gotta fix it some day

• @noob said:
    Dead; eps16+

Oh no!

Definitely get it fixed. :-)

Mine was dead but turned out to be faulty flashbank and SCSI cards. Took them both out and it works perfectly so added a floppy emulator that uses USB sticks. Works great. Slow. But good. Can save all the disk images on my Mac too.

• Another SH101. Such a fun synth.

• edited September 2020

Electronic

Old School / Analog 😊

Zur Zeit des Fotos etwas angestaubt...

😎

• @Tarekith said:
    At the moment it's the Roland MC707, feels like it was made just for me.

Lots of goodness and I’m still just scratching the surface with mine.

• Love it! I took sitar lessons for a while at Ali Akbar School of Music when lived in the Bay Area. Very peaceful period of my life.
    I still have one but kinda got out of practice.

@chandroji said:

Old School / Analog 😊

Zur Zeit des Fotos etwas angestaubt...

😎

• Roland AE-10 wind synth. Plenty of great sample instruments and a built in four oscillator synth. Also works great as a MIDI controller with with the Moog model-15, bs-16, etc. Way better than a keyboard for an ex-French horn player.

• My homemade circuit bent Casio Sk-1. I have a few of these, but this one is my favorite. I only choose bends that were to me "Musical", so its a very playable instrument. Very stable, and most if not all of the bends work together. Hardly ever crashes. My other two are great, but they have so many random bends that it can get chaotic and glitchy, and or crash very fast.

I also happen to love my little homemade drone synth peeking out at the bottom of the pic. Its a work in progress, but it makes some great sounds.

• yaaaaaay Sk-1

• Casio PX-560 tied with Fender Telecaster. One dominates the other for about 30 days.

• My Behringer Model D aka “Ned”

• Got to be my trusty Roland SH 201. Just so easy to programme sounds.

• At this moment it’s the SH-101 I have owned since about 1983 - it was broken in about 1990, left in my mums attic & forgotten about. Resurrected it this year, got it repaired (big thanks to Ben at EMS Cyberwave). Have paired it up with a meris polymoon (great pedal) & having great time re-discovering it.

• Buchla Music Easel and EMS Synthi AKS are minstant magic , but lately also the Dreadboxes: NYX and Abyss.

• i love the kaoss pad! lots of fun!

• At the moment, the Dreadbox Typhon. Amazing range of sounds