Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sennheiser Ambeo smart headset

Comments

• Hope this works

• Hope this works

• edited March 2023

@Gavinski said:
    Keep trying to post the zip. Keeps failing. The post button is not working properly, I press repeatedly then get locked out for 3 mins cos it thinks I'm spamming. Bear with me.

i can host it on my Soundcloud page if that helps (Silly me, for assuming we all had one). I thnk I could share the link here, without it being visible on my page, IIRC.

• Jesus H….finally…welcome to living in China lol.

• Jesus H….finally…welcome to living in China lol. Audiobus Forum is a pretty bad experience here. Sometimes works with vpn, sometimes not, constant need for juggling between the two, no idea why

• edited March 2023

Finally, somehow impossible for me to load a zip file here. Finally after 1.5 hours of messing around between devices and vpn settings, got it uploaded to YouTube, here it is!
    https://youtube.com/shorts/eXLJNdDV_dc?feature=share

• Let someone else do the next demos 😂

• Tldr: Mic works pretty well for singing or very loud voices. Still needs a bit of brusfri. For quieter speaking a la voice-over you'll need to apply more tools to make it sound better. That said, the same applies to even a good dynamic mic like the shure beta 58A used through an audio interface

• @Gavinski said:
    Finally, somehow impossible for me to load a zip file here. Finally after 1.5 hours of messing around between devices and vpn settings, got it uploaded to YouTube, here it is!

Ah, my mistake. Thought the issue was with this site. Sorry for the stress.

Very much appreciate the twofer, with Brusfri and to hear yer pipes. Will give it a proper listen in headphones, tomorrow.

Many thanks 😊

• No worries! Was a very complex set of different problems with devices, vpns etc!

• Damn you all (jk) ended up buying a pair after all the posts. Of course pretty easy on the wallet considering the quality and convenience. Just a quick test so far but really excited to put play with these.

• The last thing holding me back is the question of feasibility for listening without holding your phone. Aside from recording or making music in a hand held fashion, have any owners walked around with the phone in pocket listening to music? Is the cable long enough to avoid pulling out the lightening cable?

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    The last thing holding me back is the question of feasibility for listening without holding your phone. Aside from recording or making music in a hand held fashion, have any owners walked around with the phone in pocket listening to music? Is the cable long enough to avoid pulling out the lightening cable?

Cable length is fine - I can easily carry my iPhone in my pocket without pulling the cable. The only slight issue is that the in line control box is a little bulky and can pull on the earphones if they're not secure in your ears. I sometimes use a crocodile style clip from another pair of earphones to attach the cable to clothing.

• @enkaytee said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:
    The last thing holding me back is the question of feasibility for listening without holding your phone. Aside from recording or making music in a hand held fashion, have any owners walked around with the phone in pocket listening to music? Is the cable long enough to avoid pulling out the lightening cable?

Cable length is fine - I can easily carry my iPhone in my pocket without pulling the cable. The only slight issue is that the in line control box is a little bulky and can pull on the earphones if they're not secure in your ears. I sometimes use a crocodile style clip from another pair of earphones to attach the cable to clothing.

I find clips a necessity for any wired earphones, as they all end up being pulled downwards 👇

How are they for general music-listening? Would be great to have ‘em in while walking, as general earphones and ready at any moment to start a recording.

• @el_bo said:

@enkaytee said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

I find clips a necessity for any wired earphones, as they all end up being pulled downwards 👇

How are they for general music-listening? Would be great to have ‘em in while walking, as general earphones and ready at any moment to start a recording.

Very good for general listening - given their original price point and the Sennheiser reputation they're a pretty class act but you do need a good seal with the eartips for the best bass response. There's a button on the control box which you can program to load the Metarecorder app to start recording without faffing about with the iPhone...

• @el_bo said:

For music listening they're pretty solid, a bit heavy in the bass (but personally I like that if I'm out and about because outdoors the bass can get muffled by environmental noise). Otherwise they're pretty typical Sennheiser: clear, well-articulated, and reasonably accurate.

• @enkaytee said:

@el_bo said:

@enkaytee said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

Very good for general listening - given their original price point and the Sennheiser reputation they're a pretty class act but you do need a good seal with the eartips for the best bass response. There's a button on the control box which you can program to load the Metarecorder app to start recording without faffing about with the iPhone...

Thanks!

That Metarecorder launch feature is a great idea.

I would generally expect Sennheiser to be good. I guess I thought there'd be some trade-offs. Of course, I keep forgetting the original RRP, which would suggest there shouldn't have been much in the way of compromise.

• @richardyot said:

@el_bo said:

For music listening they're pretty solid, a bit heavy in the bass (but personally I like that if I'm out and about because outdoors the bass can get muffled by environmental noise). Otherwise they're pretty typical Sennheiser: clear, well-articulated, and reasonably accurate.

@enkaytee & @richardyot Thanks!

These days, I'm losing my interest for bass. Not totally, of course. But having gone back to wired-earpods (BT earphones died last month), I'm really appreciating the energy and excitement when bass is dialled back. I'm also finding I enjoy the mix of music and environmental sounds of earbuds.

So maybe these might not be so good for my general 'cans', but will work well when producing music on-the-go, which I do need bass for.

• @Gavinski said:

Listened again, with headphones. In the context of your street-walk, your voice sat well. But for voice-overs or catching a sung line, there's too much air between mouth and ears. It doesn't sound bad, but ideally the mic would be much closer to the mouth.

Just have to work out how often I'd use the binaural functionality. If it's just going to be a novelty for a while, then go unused, I might be better off getting a decent Lav mic.

But thanks again for the tests :)

• Yeah I don't think I'd recommend it as a voice mic.

I got this so I could connect the lav mic and my headphones without needing to use any interface needing a power source etc, works well enough.

https://rode.com/en/interfaces-and-mixers/ai-series/ai-micro

• You could btw always just get 2 omni lav mics (the AI Micro has 2 mic in and 1 headphone in) and attach them to your ears. Probably nice to just use the ambeo though, less hassle and less conspicuous.

• @Gavinski said:
    You could btw always just get 2 omni lav mics (the AI Micro has 2 mic in and 1 headphone in) and attach them to your ears. Probably nice to just use the ambeo though, less hassle and less conspicuous.

Yeah! That Rode thingie looks really cute, but can't justify at even the 50% price can get it for. It would be different if i didn't already have an Apogee ONE and a Zoom H2N (Need to try that as a audio interface). Of course, they're both going in the opposite direction in terms of inconspicuousness and friction (Tried recording outisde with the 'ONE' last week, and even something that size feels somewhat cumbersome. But I'm not averse to 'sucking-it-up' and just doing it.

But yes, the AMBEO seems like the lest friction and hassle. Such a shame the MONO mic can only be used for phone-calls.

I guess the other option would be to remove one of the AMBEO ear-pieces and bring it to the mouth, but i doubt it'd be a trivial thing to get that one-sided recording centred.

Probably just better to leave the idea, and just save up for the Lom or Immersive stereo mic's

Cheers!

• @Gavinski said:
    Yeah I don't think I'd recommend it as a voice mic.

I got this so I could connect the lav mic and my headphones without needing to use any interface needing a power source etc, works well enough.

https://rode.com/en/interfaces-and-mixers/ai-series/ai-micro

That's a pretty cool tool, and would meet my needs also. I'm interested to see how it goes for you.

• If anyone is sitting on the fence with these there's a good honest review of them here:

• Regarding the mono mic for phone calls, is it not available as a selectable option within apps which allow you to select the specific mic to use in the audio track input options such as Audio Evolution? In other words, does the Ambeo headset show up as having multiple mics to choose between in such an app?

• @enkaytee said:
    If anyone is sitting on the fence with these there's a good honest review of them here:

Thanks for that. Interestingly, I'm now pretty interested in them as mobile production earphones. The reviewer compares them well to some pretty well-favoured earbuds. But for the sibilance, it seems to have much of the what I'm after/ Buying them as headphones that just happen to come with a bonus set of binaural mic's, perhaps strangely, presents a more compelling case (To me) .

• Good video - have to agree with the reviewer that the noise cancelling is appalling. He goes so far as to say its practically unnoticeable which has been my experience. I did read online though that someone mentioned the noise cancelling works while listening to music? Maybe someone can comment, certainly I noticed nothing while using these in aum, in terms of noise cancelling.

Also the build and feel of these is nothing like you'd expect for a 300 dollar product, but at the very low prices you can get them in the west, it's not a problem. Lack of a replaceable cable is definitely a pity. If you're really able to get them for something like 30 quid, maybe buy 2 before they're out of stock!

Did someone mention yet whether that anker adapter also works fully on Android phones? That would be very useful for me. Haven't checked tho whether that meta recording app is on the play store though, guessing not.