Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sennheiser Ambeo smart headset

Comments

• @Robin2 said:
    Many thanks @Gavinski . Will listen to the recordings with great interest. In theory, given the original asking price, they should be pretty good quality mics but you never know! Thanks for resurrecting this thread though; I had no idea these existed and at the price they’ve fallen to, they sound like a really good option for field recording. Cheers.

As promised! This is no urban pastoral idyll, this is the sound of a huge square in a Chinese apartment complex, sounds are mainly things like kids playing, dogs playing, my dog chasing kids, me running my hand against bushes while walking etc. No noise reduction or anything applied, just a bit of Grand Finale to compress things gently. Although I put the TB GonioMeter in there, I recommend closing your eyes while listening and using your imagination to transport you to that space. Totally focus on the sound and forget the visuals! At one point you can hear me speaking to a dog called Yaya, but for the most part, I kept silent

• Really really nice listening, I think you’re right actually, no visuals/abstract is best; just close your eyes and be there…

• Thanks for posting @Gavinski . Sounds great as far as I could hear - didn’t notice much self noise from the mics though admittedly maybe it wouldn’t be heard in such scenarios anyway. Great to take a virtual trip to China, thank you!

I’m pretty much sold on these I think. Not only is the sound quality there, there’s the binaural aspect plus - a huge bonus for field recording I think - the mics are right there mounted on your head so no scrambling around, getting a microphone out of a bag when you find something worth recording! Thanks again for bumping this thread back into existence. Cheers.

• You’ve inspired me to actually go back and listen to some of the recordings I’ve made with them, one here:

• @Robin2 said:
    Thanks for posting @Gavinski . Sounds great as far as I could hear - didn’t notice much self noise from the mics though admittedly maybe it wouldn’t be heard in such scenarios anyway. Great to take a virtual trip to China, thank you!

I’m pretty much sold on these I think. Not only is the sound quality there, there’s the binaural aspect plus - a huge bonus for field recording I think - the mics are right there mounted on your head so no scrambling around, getting a microphone out of a bag when you find something worth recording! Thanks again for bumping this thread back into existence. Cheers.

Yep! They don’t have much background noise but to use them as a mic for voiceovers you have to crank the gain pretty hard. Understandable as they’re more designed for field recording, and for that I think they work beautifully! The binaural aspect is huge and they sound great for that. Like I said in the YouTube comment, do you want to lug a modeled head with mics on it around, looking like a freak and completely destroying the ability to pick up on what’s happening without people knowing you’re there? Nope! So these are great for that. If I’d been lugging around a head model with mics on the ear, these recordings would never have happened in the same way that they did. As a foreigner, I already stick out in China, no need to add to that 😂. With the Ambeo, I was just a foreign guy walking around with headphones on.

• @Krupa said:
    You’ve inspired me to actually go back and listen to some of the recordings I’ve made with them, one here:

Love the sparrow noises! Did you do any processing on this?

• Those recordings are excellent, @Gavinski - really capture an interesting sound environment.

Likewise @Krupa .

@enkaytee Thanks - I’ll order some.

I do think these headphones are a steal at current prices!

• @Gavinski said:

@Krupa said:
    You’ve inspired me to actually go back and listen to some of the recordings I’ve made with them, one here:

Love the sparrow noises! Did you do any processing on this?

I don’t think so, straight from my audioshare folder from what I can see…

• @bygjohn said:
    Those recordings are excellent, @Gavinski - really capture an interesting sound environment.

Likewise @Krupa .

@enkaytee Thanks - I’ll order some.

I do think these headphones are a steal at current prices!

Would be mad not to buy them at that price in the UK. I paid a lot more in China but am still very pleased with the sound for this kind of 3D recording

• Should mention! Definitely best listened to with headphones, or speakers placed either side of your ears

• Thanks @Gavinski & @Krupa . Both great examples.

Gav...If you do get a quiet moment, and can be arsed, I'd love to hear aa test with the MONO (perhaps against your lav. Also would really be interested in hearing you sample into Koala or Dawnbeat, with binaural engaged and in-situ. Seemed to pick up your voice very well, but would be great to hear it indoors if possible.

Don't want to put too much on your plate, so no pressure :)

• Will see what I can do! @el_bo!

• It did pick up the voice well but that's in comparison to what's mostly background audio - it very different than what's needed for a voice over

• @Gavinski said:
    It did pick up the voice well but that's in comparison to what's mostly background audio - it very different than what's needed for a voice over

Indeed! But for sampling sung notes etc. for musical experiments it might be just be the thing.

• @Gavinski said:
    Will see what I can do! @el_bo!

:)

• @Gavinski said:

Also...If you do try it, no need to push any boats out. 20 seconds of audio for MONO and spoken binaurl, in a Soundcloud clip is fine. No need to do a whole production and video.

• I can't see from the manual if there is a way to turn off the stereo mics and only have the default mono - is there?

• @el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

Also...If you do try it, no need to push any boats out. 20 seconds of audio for MONO and spoken binaurl, in a Soundcloud clip is fine. No need to do a whole production and video.

So, I can’t see from the manual how to turn off the stero mics, but here is what I get when I sing a couple of lines of an old Irish folk song in, first part without brusfri, layer with brusfri, definitely need a noise reduction tool

Yes this is very different from what I do on my channel lol, channeling my past Irish trad busker here

• @el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

So, I can’t see from the manual how to turn off the stero mics, but here is what I get when I sing a couple of lines of an old Irish folk song in, first part without brusfri, layer with brusfri, definitely need a noise reduction tool

Yes this is very different from what I do on my channel lol, channeling my past Irish trad busker here

• @el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

• @el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

• @el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

• @el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

• @el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

• @el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

• @el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

• @el_bo said:

@Gavinski said:

• Having major problems posting this file here, as a zip. Hold on to your horses

• @Gavinski said:
    Having major problems posting this file here, as a zip. Hold on to your horses

Was wondering what all the repeat posts were :)

Strange about the MONO mic. perhaps that only kicks in for phone-calls?

• Keep trying to post the zip. Keeps failing. The post button is not working properly, I press repeatedly then get locked out for 3 mins cos it thinks I'm spamming. Bear with me.