Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fabfilter Sale

Comments

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    @Gavinski awesome thank you, yeah I usually don’t use too much modulation with their plugins so I’ll probably be able to work with it. Time to spend some more money!

Edit: holy shit this is unreal how good it is

It's the dog's bollocks for sure! @Fingolfinzzz

• Today is the last day of the sale... Why can't I press this 99,99€ button ?... perhaps I don't even imagine the magic these tools could really add to my recordings 🤔😂🤪🙈

• It's totally worth it if you want the best from ipad production :)
    Very happy with Saturn 2 as well, can't wait for more creative plugins from them.

• @Carnbot said:
    ....Saturn 2 as well, can't wait for more creative plugins from them.

That's perhaps what I'm really waiting for in fact : Timeless 2 and Volcano 2 Auv3 🤩

• @Gratouilli said:
    Today is the last day of the sale... Why can't I press this 99,99€ button ?... perhaps I don't even imagine the magic these tools could really add to my recordings 🤔😂🤪🙈

Same here great plugs, I have ProQ and Saturn on desktop this should be a no brainer but these days I am being veeerrrry frugal.
    Will probably buy at the 11th hour as I usually do with most sales smh

• @Gratouilli said:

@Carnbot said:

That's perhaps what I'm really waiting for in fact : Timeless 2 and Volcano 2 Auv3 🤩

Yeah I would guess that Timeless/Volcano 3 might be what's hopefully coming or else I think they'd be here already :)

• edited July 2020

buy them. safe buy. long time investment makes most of your current plugs obsolete

• edited July 2020

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    How hard on the cpu is Saturn 2? My only iPad devices are an air 1 and a mini 2 so I was wondering if I could even use it on those

CPU varies a lot but it's largely down to quality setting and the number of bands, and I guess the CPU requirement for each algorithm but I haven't gone through them all to assess their CPU demand.

There are 3 quality settings - Off, Good (8x oversampling) and Superb (32x). Off or Good are enough for me, but if CPU is at a premium, Off is good enough given the kind of music I make. Superb is often cripplingly high on CPU.

With oversampling set to Off, the CPU demand seems to be pretty efficient so far.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Fingolfinzzz said:
    How hard on the cpu is Saturn 2? My only iPad devices are an air 1 and a mini 2 so I was wondering if I could even use it on those

Turning on highest quality oversampling will hog my 2018 iPad Pro’s CPU. — I wouldn’t be able to run two instances like that if there’s a lot going on in the patch. It’s definitely the most CPU intensive audio processor plugin I have.

It’a not too bad running in normal mode, could easily run numerous instances.

• @Eschatone said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

Turning on highest quality oversampling will hog my 2018 iPad Pro’s CPU. — I wouldn’t be able to run two instances like that if there’s a lot going on in the patch. It’s definitely the most CPU intensive audio processor plugin I have.

It’a not too bad running in normal mode, could easily run numerous instances.

That’s for the response! I actually bought it quite a bit ago. It’s definitely bogged my iPad down at times but it’s still very usable, I just have to be careful with the oversampling

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2020

"they are the industry standard" ..besides all that talk its the price you pay for quality,outstanding precision & a responsive developer...yes wallet hurts, but ..If you buy only one plug FF go with Q3 with EQ matching,dynamic bands,a real brickwall,sidechain. .. you will get hooked and buy the rest anyway

• @Carnbot said:

@Gratouilli said:

@Carnbot said:

Yeah I would guess that Timeless/Volcano 3 might be what's hopefully coming or else I think they'd be here already :)

I wrote to Fab Filter and asked about Timeless as an AUv3, they said:

"We are looking an iOS version of Timeless, however we're not sure yet in what timeframe this will happen. But we're working on it!"

• Hi guys!

I already have Pro Q2 and thinking about to get 1 or 2 another FFs plugins.
    Which of them would you really recommend?

I have TB Barricade as well...

Thanks!

• @RenattoVaz Saturn2 is must have, and then you might as well buy the discounted bundle, which includes Q3 upgrade -- while there is still time.

• oh boy if they make it universal

• Timeless is instabuy❤️❤️❤️❤️☝️🙏

Same here! But sonhappy wenhav

@oat_phipps said:
    God I just spent an hour fiddling with Timeless in Auria...please let this be the next port. Even better if it’s an update

@drewinnit said:

@Carnbot said:

@Gratouilli said:

@Carnbot said:

I wrote to Fab Filter and asked about Timeless as an AUv3, they said:

"We are looking an iOS version of Timeless, however we're not sure yet in what timeframe this will happen. But we're working on it!"

• Reminder that the current summer sale ends today.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Reminder that the current summer sale ends today.

Get it while the sales last. I bought the bundle a few weeks ago so got everything right now, top notch material!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Reminder that the current summer sale ends today.

Got nothing from FF this time around (already have all their iPadOS stuff).
    I do wonder if they'll drop some new stuff soon?
    (I mean some of their stuff is 'old' by now Pro-C, Pro-G could also use some love).

A Pro-S like in Pro-(Channel)S(trip) could be nice combining, Gates/Comprssors/Expanders/Limiter/Saturators and EQs into one tool. Can't help it, I'm pretty used to the channel strip on Allen Heath D-Live consoles and something like that on iOS/iPadOS would be super, super sweet :sunglasses:

• I just got Timeless 3 and Saturn 2. I have a question I hope you'll understand:
    There's a download link in FabFilter's site with all the presets to all their plugins/apps. I see they have Timeless 1+2 and Saturn 1 there. I placed them inside my iPad and when I choose Import Preset Folder - it imports a blank folder but when I click Import preset and I do so individually - only then will it import one preset. There are hundreds of presets there. Does anyone know how to import them all? Either way it could take hours.

• Waited for Saturn 2 to go on sale, bought Timeless 3 instead and will pair with Reelbus. I think this will be a more versatile combo.

• I finally caved and got Saturn even though I just bought a few other FX, and Wow. After 10 minutes I knew it was a good decision.

• @reasOne said:
    i need saturn!!! still haven’t been able to grab it due to bills n such but hopefully before the sale ends i’ll grab it... you guys make it sound so perfect haha

Finally said screw it. Lol.

• You guys are killing me ! Making it hard not to get Saturn 2

• So hard to resist know I paid way more for one desktop plugin. But just as hard to purchase knowing I already have them all at well over a grand for the lot.

• I'll try to explain my question better:
    I installed the iOS versions of Timeless 3 and Saturn 2 on my iPad. I then downloaded the factory presets from the support/downloads section of the website to be able to add the Timeless 1, Timeless 2 and Saturn 1's presets to TL3 and Saturn 2. You CAN install presets from older versions.
    I tried clicking Options - Import Preset Folder - and chose the right folders but they added the folders as empty ones.
    I tried Options - Import preset to get one preset in - and that worked.
    However, this seems like a very tedious thing to do, to go through all hundreds of presets, importing each individually.
    Is there a more efficient way of doing it?

• edited August 2021

@eylvy said:
    I'll try to explain my question better:
    I installed the iOS versions of Timeless 3 and Saturn 2 on my iPad. I then downloaded the factory presets from the support/downloads section of the website to be able to add the Timeless 1, Timeless 2 and Saturn 1's presets to TL3 and Saturn 2. You CAN install presets from older versions.
    I tried clicking Options - Import Preset Folder - and chose the right folders but they added the folders as empty ones.
    I tried Options - Import preset to get one preset in - and that worked.
    However, this seems like a very tedious thing to do, to go through all hundreds of presets, importing each individually.
    Is there a more efficient way of doing it?

I extracted the factory preset zip file inside Documents app, which timeless couldn’t access. So I moved the Timeless 2 folder to “on my iPad” in the files app. Then did the add presets folder thing. Inside the Timeless 2 folder you got a bunch of sub folders, but just chose the top folder (Timeless 2) and press done.