Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• yessss been waiting impatiently!! heheh

• edited July 2020

...lessons learnt: don't be an early adopter...

• @cuscolima said:
    ...lessons learnt: don't be an early adopters...

never do

• Ack, no bundle!

2 of the finest, right here.

• @colonel_mustard said:
    Ack, no bundle!

The bundle is down to £85 but Saturn isn’t in it

• Hmmm, I hope there will be a bundle where Saturn 2 will be included...
    ...had I known this 'sale' in advance I could have saved a few...

• Might have been nice if they had made the sale as part of their Saturn release considering the space of time between then and now.....just a little test in self control....😳

• high price for me, even in sale

• edited July 2020

@BiancaNeve said:

@colonel_mustard said:
    Ack, no bundle!

The bundle is down to £85 but Saturn isn’t in it

!

It must've been the App Store, staggering the price drops. I'll pick it up then, finally :)

• @reasOne said:
    yessss been waiting impatiently!! heheh

As you said..... haha we wouldn’t cave and got rewarded lol... so Saturn 2 it is :)

• @david_2017 said:

@reasOne said:
    yessss been waiting impatiently!! heheh

As you said..... haha we wouldn’t cave and got rewarded lol... so Saturn 2 it is :)

yesssss we knew this day was coming!!!!

• Haha, I'm not too pissed off, as it is not a massive reduction, but I'm happy for you guys nevertheless. Saturn 2 is a must-buy for sure!

• edited July 2020

Warning - this is probably a somewhat off-topic comment, but I have quite strong conflicting feelings about sales like these.

On a purely selfish level, I enjoy paying less for things than other people. Yes, I do realise this is my ego talking here. On a realistic level, I completely understand that these sales are usually triggered in response to sales data I do not have the privilege of seeing - and I assume from a sales perspective that they must work. I also understand that fluctuating prices have a powerful psychological effect on buyers who 'hedge their bets' and sit on their money until they feel the price is right (or a short-term sale may not return for a long time)

However, I'm not sure I feel comfortable with the effect that an 'unstable' pricing market has on buyers. Let me explain...

• Sales which occur within a month of release punish early adopters and loyal supporters. Not a good look.
    • Sales can also undermine our sense of the product's 'full price'. We lose trust for the prices we see published. In the worst cases, we lost confidence in the quality (and longevity) of the products themselves.
    • It messes with your head when some companies offer intro prices, whilst others reward patience with regular sales.

So what is my conclusion?

As much as it might hurt my wallet slightly, I feel that app developers should probably avoid regular sales and stick with stable pricing. I think they cause more offence to existing customers and brand damage than they cause joy.

Rant over.

• As long as the new sale price is not made permanent I'm fine with it as then initial price I paid would be discounted from a future bundle price, however if the new price is the new 'standard price' I'd get a bit annoyed...

Still I don't regret getting Saturn 2 event though I do wish it had a bit more algorithms and a bit more control over them.

The problem with semi-regular sales as I see it is that it postpones sales as people who are interested will likely wait for a sale..

I do understand the initial launch discounts, but when the 'sales' at a future point in time go lower in price than the intro discounts it makes me wonder...

Pre-Order discounts are on the other hand desperate attempts to make people get a 'pig in a box'.

• Sales always affect the bundle price. So all should be fine here

I was expecting November tbh

• edited July 2020

i completed my bundle

• Fabfilter always have summer and winter sales, they are just following their normal pattern. As long as you don't buy them all individually and eventually get the bundles you end up saving the same amount overall more or less.

• I'm with you in principle, @tk32 - constant sales definitely devalue wares, which does cause list prices to be seen as bad deals.

I had a stopgap job at an auction house once, doing tax invoices (living the dream!) and one of the take-home lessons was that things don't have a monetary value until the moment of sale. It's all talk, up until then. Points of sale are fixed (bang! sold) but everything's fluid outside of those fixed points.

As @Carnbot says, I don't think the Fabs are particularly bad offenders. They have their own sales cycle, and it's slow and regular. Saturn 2 was just released at an awkward time, I guess. People would be put out either way. FWIW, I paid full for that one, and I'm more than satisfied with it.

• Picked up Sat2 and really impressed by it. Or may be more intimidated ;) its incredible deep, as their other stuff. Its for professionals right, so I am surfing the presets and try to find a way to use it for my workflow.

That said, I am highly intrigued by the Q3 because of the moving and animated GUI. Looks awesome. I have no idea what it will do for me though ;)
    Since I have Q2 and really like it... but in the end #yolo, right?

• I own most of the TB effect. Do the FF have any feature not found in TB?

• If /when the Fabs roll out their Creative Bundle for iOS, I’ll be a little closer to completing it by having paid full for Saturn 2.. 🙂

• Wow, lots of long term sales this summer... Virsyn sale still going, it’s been months. Synthmaster One sale until Sept 1.

• edited July 2020

In email received today, this (FabFilter deal) is advertised as a summer sale, 25% discount until August 1st.

• I’ve been having a lot of fun today in between work stints designing amp sounds with the demo of Saturn on desktop running through a impulse response loader using nembrini and amplitube s as references, got very close in many cases with a great deal of control...

• yea saturn is a beast..

• edited July 2020

btw would be nice to collect and post Fabfilter presets tricks and findings esp Q3 here or new thread

• I wonder if the desktop presets work with the iOS version 🤔

• edited July 2020

@Krupa i tried, gave up, but ithink factory presets (apart from saturn1) are the same as on desktop

• when does this sale end? anyone know

• when the pigs fly (1st aug)