Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elliot Garage’s new app is called “sEGments”

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:
    Reading the description brings this little fella to mind but I can see there’s a fair bit more to segments.

I like this little fellow. Simple, but much can be done.

Yes albeit the apparent simplicity is the fearsome user’s best gift as there’s actually a lot going on with Abu. I’m just having a little play with it and thinking how much goodness we have on iOS already.

• I’ve been waiting for something similar to Abu Dhabi outside of KORG Gadget. Thanks to @ElliottGarage for bringing this to life

• @stormbeats said:

@supadom said:
    Reading the description brings this little fella to mind but I can see there’s a fair bit more to segments.

@superdom. Who is this fella?

Abu Dhabi within Korg Gadget.

• @supadom said:

@stormbeats said:

@supadom said:

@supadom cheers, that actually now has made Gadget interesting to me

• It’s very good, only problem is you have to run Gadget as well.

• @MonzoPro said:
    It’s very good, only problem is you have to run Gadget as well.

As long as I have it plugged in I no longer have the battery drain in 5 minutes thing, but if that cord slips out Nurse....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:
    It’s very good, only problem is you have to run Gadget as well.

As long as I have it plugged in I no longer have the battery drain in 5 minutes thing, but if that cord slips out Nurse....

I get about 30 minutes on my Air 2 with that bugger. Actually it’s the heat build up that worries me, I worry about my poor old battery :(

I’m going to get this new app anyway, looks like a proper job.

• edited June 2020

@supadom said:

@stormbeats said:

@supadom said:

I still want an AUbu Dhabi, but I guess as of the 20 something-th, not so much.

• @ElliottGarage Is it able to handle stereo sampling e.g. as an AU effect, with live stereo input e.g. in AUM, or would it sum to mono? If the latter, I think this could be a dealbreaker for me unfortunately.

• @craftycurate the sampling keeps the original input format....if the input is stereo the sample will be stereo

• this is def a must have, wow impressive!!!

will it be possible to record into the app directly or is it strictly sample import. sorry if i missed this but i can’t read every post as i’m working 😎😎

• @reasOne said:
    this is def a must have, wow impressive!!!

will it be possible to record into the app directly or is it strictly sample import. sorry if i missed this but i can’t read every post as i’m working 😎😎

Therein is much of the magic with this one. It goes in the FX slot and can record all source audio. Paired with the automated feature to smooth out clicks and pops? No brainer!

• edited June 2020

@ElliottGarage said:
    @craftycurate the sampling keeps the original input format....if the input is stereo the sample will be stereo

Brilliant - thanks for letting me know :)

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@reasOne said:
    this is def a must have, wow impressive!!!

Therein is much of the magic with this one. It goes in the FX slot and can record all source audio. Paired with the automated feature to smooth out clicks and pops? No brainer!

excellent!!!! will be very useful to set up that way to do resampling and such

• Preordered! I’m old school... Reminds me of Propellerheads Recycle!

• edited June 2020

Thanks @ElliottGarage , preordered!

One question I think nobody asked: can the slices "overlap"? I mean can I have for example two slices with the same or some part of the same region? for example slice 1= "first hit" and slice 2 = "same hit less some attack + second hit"
    If not, would be feasible for an update? its important for my workflow

• I’ve never preordered an app, but I’ll make an exception for this one Elliot!

• Andrea 🤣

• @waka_x said:
    any chance for a demo of pitch shifting and especially timestretching?! thanks.

Yes please.

• preordered and waiting impatient lol

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Thanks everyone! The preorder will push the app a little in the apple chart, and you can save some as it's an intro price :)

Thank you as well.

• Preordered but I wish you’d think again about the midi thing @RockySmalls asked about. That was my workflow with Dr.Rex in Reason, a fast and easy way to get a lot of variation out of a loop with accurate, repeatable results

• Thankfully this app can do old-school tempo matching as well,
    When ‘Warp’ is disabled the playback-speed/pitch is adjusted to match the host tempo when host sync is enabled thus there is less need to do manual fine pitch adjustments in order to match the tempo.(It works the same way as the AUM built-in file player when host tempo is adjusted).

Sure there’s a bunch of ‘nice to have’ things still missing but adding too much bloat would take away the much of instant funfactor. It’s no Ableton Simpler or Logic Quick Sampler but it still fills a void on iOS :)

• @Turntablist said:
    Beat Slicer
    Choke Groups

Keys Mode
    Ability to set root note
    Fine tune
    Ability to set a sustain loop
    Either Legato or pitch bend

@ElliottGarage Congrats on the new release!
    I’m really hoping you are open to these suggestions. It sounds like this is really close to taking on the big boys. Having this kind of sampler on iOS has become almost mythical! 🧞‍♂️

Good luck!!

• No walled garden IAP nickel and diming. Sold.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    Andrea 🤣

Chè, si chiama Andrea? Pensavo fosse Elio! 😂

• Midi file export for transient sliced loops ?

16 slices max ?

• @Lil_Stu07 @supadom finalmente qualche italiano! :D

@topaz no midi export, 16 slices max