Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elliot Garage’s new app is called “sEGments”

Comments

• AWESOME. Preordered! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼😃😃😃😃💸💸💸💸💸🍻

• Size 78.8 MB

Requires iOS 8.0 or later..

King

• Yes please...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Has it sample import ? ;P

Preordered. Love the fact that this will be a team with pulse and is already universal from the start. Well done!!!

• edited June 2020

@david_2017 said:
    Has it sample import ? ;P

No! - no sample import - (for the public!)

Not until de 20six.

King

• edited June 2020

@AudioGus nailed it twice! First, the speechlessness over the feature list and then the faux testing. A+

I have never pre-ordered an app as I do not see the logic, but I just pre-ordered this one. All logic has gone out the door watching the videos and seeing the feature list. Great price, too!

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Ready?

Set.. Go! (in 9-ish days)
    Pre-ordered!

• Thanks everyone! The preorder will push the app a little in the apple chart, and you can save some as it's an intro price :)

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Thanks everyone! The preorder will push the app a little in the apple chart, and you can save some as it's an intro price :)

Good to know in both fronts! Can't wait!

• _ki_ki
    edited June 2020

@ElliottGarage Since my questions have seem to have gotten lost in the pre-order excitement:

• Will the note-on velocity influence the volume of a sample in addition to the slices level settings ?
    • Can a slices level be boosted using the slice level settings (if its quieter than the other slices) ?
  • edited June 2020

@_ki yes and yes

• Ive been testing too, wont be buying, maybe in the future if the keys mode gets finished, I have little need for a simple beatslicer, I already use Auditor BM3 and NS2, those are more powerful for my uses.

• Looks like a perfect slicer. Preordered. 👍

• 🙌 preordered.

Never any doubt.

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @_ki yes and yes

ok, preordered and very much looking forward to enjoying yr hard work sir.
    meantime, a quick mention of a feature that I don’t entirely expect you to implement nor do i want to encourage ‘feature creep’ but that was useful back in the good old sampling days .. and that is export of a midi file loop that ‘reconstructs’ the sliced sample timing..
    Auditor does this now.. so i can get it , but thats stand alone..
    yr thoughts Mr Garage?

• Yes, I've tried to bring @Turntablist on my side :D just after some time I understood that we have in mind 2 different apps and I didn't want to twist my workflow idea

• @RockySmalls seems to me a good feature for an editor/tool app more than for a kind of instrument/sampler/chopper. sEGments is really focused on a quick and smooth workflow....drag any audio file, slice it, play it

• edited June 2020

First of all, congratulations. This looks terrific. I most definitely have use for a simple beatslicer.

Is the sale price valid only for preorders?

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @RockySmalls seems to me a good feature for an editor/tool app more than for a kind of instrument/sampler/chopper. sEGments is really focused on a quick and smooth workflow....drag any audio file, slice it, play it

maybe you have to have used such a feature to get why it’s sort of ‘integral’ to slicers. ( the sampler in Orion etc )
    but no worries I won’t be cancelling my pre-order :) i don’t for one second imagine it’s a trivial thing to implement...
    look forward to the Egg slicing and maybe a bit of cross pollination with midi loops from Auditor applied to entirely different samples in SeggMENTS :)

• Do I need this if I already have Samplr? I don’t see much difference in the core function. What am I missing here?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Do I need this if I already have Samplr? I don’t see much difference in the core function. What am I missing here?

It’s auv3.
    Launching samples part with midi.
    For me it will be the best app of the year.
    Disruptive.
    Samplr is a great app but more oriented for live play imho then for structured production.
    Both apps are great in their dimension.

• @Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I have no clue what Lazy Chopping is, but I most certainly need it. Pre-ordered!

I cant be bothered to find out either but sounds great, sure.

Very simple and lazy really...

Start the playback from a pad and while the sample is playing back tap an empty pad to add a slice point, pads that already have a slice will trigger the slice. It's like setting cue points on DJ apps.

Someday we might even even get a proper lazy chopper while actually recording the sample ;)
    (I hope I didn't miss any serious bugs while testing this one, it's been a blast!).

@ElliottGarage must be very happy to have such a beta-tester. It gives me confidence that most bugs are crushed. Also I suspect that @Samu requested some features.....

• Would have loved to test this one but I’ll be preordering for sure. I’ve been using Drambo for these purposes with the flexi sampler and another Drambo instance in the fx slot to sample but having a dedicated app will be awesome

• @Pierre118 yes working with @Samu is always a pleasure and he pushed me to do my best. Also some of his requests will probably be included in the future

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @Pierre118 yes working with @Samu is always a pleasure and he pushed me to do my best. Also some of his requests will probably be included in the future

That's good to hear, thanks!

• Dope ! Preordered !

Thanks SO MUCH for this app !

I don’t see choke groups in the app :) choke are part of this amazing app ? :)

• @ElliottGarage just pre-order. but why such a long wait? are the apple app reviews that far behind? hopefully it comes through before then 🤞

• @Lawkyz said:
    Dope ! Preordered !

Thanks SO MUCH for this app !

I don’t see choke groups in the app :) choke are part of this amazing app ? :)

Good catch. That is a vital feature. I hope it's there. If not, I hope it comes soon.

• I love the per slice options. For me that is what Reslice misses otherwise reslice is pretty wildly good. Preordered as you are a top dev 👏

One question, can we fine tune pitch on a per slice basis? I like having the ability to tune drum kits in apps like these from external controllers. Forgive me if its been asked ten times already (Oh! the shame)