Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elliot Garage’s new app is called “sEGments”

Comments

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Beta testers having fun!

Nice

• Thanks for your support guys, it's a pleasure to be part of this great iOS community

Here's a snapshot of choke groups and bpm/beats detection as requested by @Turntablist :)

• You fast Mr. Garage
    Sweet

• Will there be a Pulse + Segments bundle?

• edited June 2020

@yug the new app is already at intro price until June 27 :)

• Will be mine too

• Preordered. How big in size is the app anyone as on limited WiFi next few weeks?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Preordered. How big in size is the app anyone as on limited WiFi next few weeks?

The betas have been around 80MB with some factory content.
    I suspect the app-size will be fairly small and more content can optionally be downloaded when installed...

• @supadom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:
    Reading the description brings this little fella to mind but I can see there’s a fair bit more to segments.

I like this little fellow. Simple, but much can be done.

Yes albeit the apparent simplicity is the fearsome user’s best gift as there’s actually a lot going on with Abu. I’m just having a little play with it and thinking how much goodness we have on iOS already.

Apologies if this is going OT, but as we've got 7 days to wait for sEGments I thought I'd have a play with Abu Dhabi. Can anyone explain the Arp modes to me? Whether I select Up, Down, Up/Down or As Played all I get is just a slice repeat, am I missing something obvious?

• @steve99 said:

@supadom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:
    Reading the description brings this little fella to mind but I can see there’s a fair bit more to segments.

Yes albeit the apparent simplicity is the fearsome user’s best gift as there’s actually a lot going on with Abu. I’m just having a little play with it and thinking how much goodness we have on iOS already.

Apologies if this is going OT, but as we've got 7 days to wait for sEGments I thought I'd have a play with Abu Dhabi. Can anyone explain the Arp modes to me? Whether I select Up, Down, Up/Down or As Played all I get is just a slice repeat, am I missing something obvious?

Bump. Any clever people chime in on this?

• @steve99
    It should change with different modes. Make sure you hold down multiple pads/slices.

• Forgive me if it's been asked already but is there still some last minute tinkering going on before the app goes "gold" (so to speak) or is the preorder availability and another weeks wait until release a marketing strategy?

I know we're an inpatient lot but all the videos, etc seem to show a fully functional app...

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    @steve99
    It should change with different modes. Make sure you hold down multiple pads/slices.

Am I that stupid? Yes I am :) Thank you, nothing can stop me now...

• @JRSIV I'm currently finishing some boring stuff like user manual & presets selection. Also the preorder gives chance to get app at an intro price and boost the app ranking on release a little :=)

• And here's the first draft of the user manual...please let me know about misspelling and errors

http://www.elliottgarage.com/manuals/helpSegments.pdf

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Thanks for your support guys, it's a pleasure to be part of this great iOS community

Here's a snapshot of choke groups and bpm/beats detection as requested by @Turntablist :)

Awesome!

• edited June 2020

@ElliottGarage said:
    And here's the first draft of the user manual...please let me know about misspelling and errors

Sweet!

Classic Timestretch! Awesome. Stunningly overlooked on iOS.

• @gusgranite said:

@ElliottGarage said:
    Thanks for your support guys, it's a pleasure to be part of this great iOS community

Awesome!

Yeah, some keys updates and some files.app updates and this plugin is seriously getting close to being THE ONE!!! (Again hahaha)

• @Turntablist if you'll have the time we can keep working on your requests, after the first release :)

• @ElliottGarage has this been tested in Zenbeats? If not I’d be willing to give it a go.

anickt AT comcast DOT net TestFlight

• Maybe I should give this a spin inside iMPC Pro 2 too... :D
    (So far I've checked Cubasis 3, BM3, NS2, AUM, apeMAtrix, AB3,GarageBand and a few others that allow loading of AUv3 Plug-Ins & Effects).

• @steve99 said:

@supadom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

Hold down multiple pads at once

• edited June 2020

@ElliottGarage In AU FX mode, Can sEGments be set to continually process live audio (like e.g. Borderlands Granular or FRMS), e.g. on a 1/2/4 bar buffer or does the user have to hit RECORD to sample the incoming audio? I wasn't clear from the manual how this works. THanks!

• Ok, I'm convinced now.

I just hope that I will be able record hands-free into it at some point.

Virsyn implemented this after my request, I have to give them this. You can MIDI-learn the record button in Reslice.

Like the Octatrack can do with Pickup machines (for live looping) or (sequenced) with recorder trigs, which I hope to use it for as an expansion.

Can the sensitivity for slicing be set?
    Sometimes Reslice is producing very long slices with legato notes, which is not always wanted.

• @steve99 said:

@supadom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

Multiple pads

• edited June 2020

@ElliottGarage said:
    And here's the first draft of the user manual...please let me know about misspelling and errors

On page 5, I assume you mean "as" in this phrase: "When sEGments is hosted ad Audio Unit plugin,"

On page 6, I assume you forgot an "n" in instances: "PLEASE NOTE: applying effects to all slices can cause heavy CPU loads, as you’re using 16 istances of each effect."

• Life is good. Life will be better in a week.

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @Turntablist if you'll have the time we can keep working on your requests, after the first release :)

Good stuff ;)

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@ElliottGarage said:

On page 5, I assume you mean "as" in this phrase: "When sEGments is hosted ad Audio Unit plugin,"

On page 6, I assume you forgot an "n" in instances: "PLEASE NOTE: applying effects to all slices can cause heavy CPU loads, as you’re using 16 istances of each effect."

Miss Moneypenny is that you?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@ElliottGarage said:

Miss Moneypenny is that you?

Hiding in plain sight this whole time.