Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elliot Garage’s new app is called “sEGments”

Comments

• @mlau said:
    @gusgranite yeap i just answered .. i did that and it works in my phone

Well hope you get it sorted!

• @gusgranite oh i will delete and re install the app and start fresh 😎

• edited July 2020

@d4d0ug said:
    Hi @MonzoPro I’ve been trying to reproduce the resizing issue you’ve reported, to no avail. Changed orientation, tried ‘extreme’ resizing (smallest to biggest). Maybe (A guess) it’s something to do with the resolution of your iPad vs mine. Your using air2 right? I’m on pro from a few years ago.

Hopefully @ElliottGarage will have fixes soon.

Could be, yeah.

Last night it was constant, the window is too big at full size so it has to be resized - plus you need to do this when using it with other apps anyway - and immediately cuts off the right hand quarter of the screen, and the menu buttons overlap and disappear.

Quit AUM session, reload, move it slightly, chopped off again.

I may actually see if I can get a refund, as this is totally unusable for me in it’s current state. Their other app Pulse is fine though.

• @MonzoPro the update with the resizing and other bugs fixes has been submitted...hopefully it solves all your issues

for @mlau and everyone having issues on loading a preset, you can try to open the standalone and disable the 'reload last project' in the settings. That will work for the AU version too, so sEGments will start on the init view.
    Eventually please send me the preset givin you problem at [email protected]

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @MonzoPro the update with the resizing and other bugs fixes has been submitted...hopefully it solves all your issues

I hope so, today is the last day I can get a refund, otherwise I'll be stuck with an app that I can't use.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MonzoPro I'm sorry, anyway my intention is to make you using the app at the best! :)

• @ElliottGarage thanks. i already deleted and re installed but will switch off now the “ reload last ... “ it’s a great app, hope all get fixed.... cheers

• Finally going to full scaling and resizing of the Au window.

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Finally going to full scaling and resizing of the Au window.

Looks great. I appreciate all the work you do and the speed of it!

• 🍊🍊🍊

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @MonzoPro I'm sorry, anyway my intention is to make you using the app at the best! :)

No worries, thanks for the fix - resizing perfectly now :)

• @MonzoPro said:

@ElliottGarage said:
    @MonzoPro I'm sorry, anyway my intention is to make you using the app at the best! :)

Just need to keep the faith with @ElliottGarage 😉

He’s the best dev we’ve got imo

• Thanks @gregsmith ☺️☺️🙏🙏

• thanks @ElliottGarage
    fast and great update!

• @gregsmith said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ElliottGarage said:

Just need to keep the faith with @ElliottGarage 😉

He’s the best dev we’ve got imo

And, a very responsive forum who alert devs to bugs and usability issues, that have slipped through beta testing ;)

• edited July 2020

@ElliottGarage hi there, can’t see the pads no more in Cubasis 3 when I scale the app. The only way to see the pads is to go full screen or to tap on Cubasis 3 instruments browser list..

• Thanks @Paa89 , my intention was to show pads only when you are in fullscreen mode (or over a certain width/heigth ratio, that's why you see them when you show the cubasis instruments list).
    My idea is basically to hide the app playing controls when not in fullscreen to use the host keyboards, external keyboards or external controllers and to show the bottom layout just when you go fullscreen.

• edited July 2020

@ElliottGarage said:
    Thanks @Paa89 , my intention was to show pads only when you are in fullscreen mode (or over a certain width/heigth ratio, that's why you see them when you show the cubasis instruments list).
    My idea is basically to hide the app playing controls when not in fullscreen to use the host keyboards, external keyboards or external controllers and to show the bottom layout just when you go fullscreen.

Oh i see.no problem then. Thought it was a bug.will keep the browser open then 💪🏾☺️

• @Paa89 eventually I can make the bottom layout appears when you increase the window height but you are still not in fullscreen so that you can see the cubasis timeline

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @Paa89 eventually I can make the bottom layout appears when you increase the window height but you are still not in fullscreen so that you can see the cubasis timeline

That would be perfect.just take your time ☺️💪🏾💪🏾

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Thanks @Paa89 , my intention was to show pads only when you are in fullscreen mode (or over a certain width/heigth ratio, that's why you see them when you show the cubasis instruments list).

actually that’s good.. as that (slice) button REALLY gets in the way of playing slice 1 at full velocity like the rest of the slices. i wonder if anything can be done about that? at the mo’ the best you can do is stretch the gui to get as high as possible on the waveform.

• Any chance @ElliottGarage you could have a button to open slices in pulse.
    There is room for the button !
    I know we can get slices to pulse, but it's a few clicks.

A button would solve this, and for people that didn't own pulse, the button would be a daily reminder they need to open their wallet ( or purse )
    And loving both apps !!

• I can't seem to play 2 segments at the same time, as in play 2 slices at the same time, the 2nd slice stops the 1st .
    Am I doing something wrong ?

• You'll need to change the default playback mode from 'mono' to 'poly'

@Nicebutfun said:
    I can't seem to play 2 segments at the same time, as in play 2 slices at the same time, the 2nd slice stops the 1st .
    Am I doing something wrong ?

• Thanks so much
    It must be only button I didn't try.
    I realize I am stupid, so thanks very much

• Nothing stupid about it! Takes time to learn a new interface, and not all these options are immediately obvious.

@Nicebutfun said:
    Thanks so much
    It must be only button I didn't try.
    I realize I am stupid, so thanks very much

• Thanks again
    1 other question, is there a cheat for pulse ?
    So that it is longer than a bar, am sure I red it a while back, so want to use them together.
    At the moment I have been using bm3 and segments.
    But i like to use AUM and pulse multi out

• hmm, maybe someone else can chime in, I don't have any experience with Pulse!