Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elliot Garage’s new app is called “sEGments”

Comments

• As much as I love this app I continue to have sizing issues in AUM, I’ve tried everything, even deleted and reinstalled app after last update. It seemed a little better but i think thinks it’s only sized properly a couple times, maybe...

@ElliottGarage is this a known issue, something you are working on perhaps. If not I’ll post a screen record for you.

• @Poppadocrock yes please send me the video to [email protected] I'm working on some little bugs right now

• @Poppadocrock said:
    As much as I love this app I continue to have sizing issues in AUM, I’ve tried everything, even deleted and reinstalled app after last update. It seemed a little better but i think thinks it’s only sized properly a couple times, maybe...

>

I see what you mean, I thought this was fixed and only happened when I changed orientation of the iPad after opening AUM. But just opened a project in AUM in landscape mode, didn’t change orientation of the iPad, resized the Segments AU and bop - the right hand quarter was blank again.

• @Poppadocrock & @MonzoPro I'm working on this...I've seen that something weird happen when for example you enlarge the plugin window horizontally over the full screen and then come back to original size. That's the UI was designed to have a fixed width

• Just Saying—-

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @Poppadocrock & @MonzoPro I'm working on this...I've seen that something weird happen when for example you enlarge the plugin window horizontally over the full screen and then come back to original size. That's the UI was designed to have a fixed width

Good to hear. I’m in love with this app, but that sizing in AUM throws me off. Thanks for an amazing app, I’m looking forward to the update.

The fixed width thing makes sense because it appears to try to cram the adjustable slider bar that’s underneath the audio over top some of the option buttons (Start,Length,Attack,Release,All). Sometimes it that slider bar very small, and Sometimes it cuts off the right side of the GUI.

If it helps and if you want me to.... I can send you some screen shots I’ve taken? Or screen record it happening for you? Or send analytics if that helps.

• @ElliottGarage any plans to add copy sample to another pad and also its own onboard sequencer ? Lastly when saving the text is very dark.

• Is there anyway I can rename the segments before it goes into eg pulse? Hard to find samples from segments when it’s only a date given behind a name of the kit.

Also when sending to eg pulse and I have say 4 slices or segments and when put into pulse it fills the rest of the pads out to 16 slices and now I have to delete when filling up the rest of the bank when other sounds I want to add to that kit. Any way to change that?

Honestly I fill eg pulse has a better editing system. Maybe I’m the only one that’s sees that.

Using segments in GarageBand to sample there drums and build your own kits then export to eg pulse is very nice ability to have. A few upgrades to pulse and your pretty Much got everything you need.

• @Carnbot said:

@crony said:
    @ElliottGarage great app really !
    I made the latest update, then played without a problem, then turned off the iPad, but now, on reload of my preset into AUM, sEGments just load infinitely and never pops up :(

Anyone else having this issue ?
    Thanks ! :)

Yeah I had that before this update, think it's a sample problem in the preset you're using. Only way I fixed it was to reinstall Segments. I'm hoping we'll be able to get access to the documents in Files app in another update so we can backup presets and delete any problem samples etc

This happened to me too.☹️ Would be good, to get a fix for that. Reinstall kills all selfmade presets 🤯. Backup presets @Carnbot could be a workaround but we have to manage that before the next bug-issue.

• Yeah we really need access to the documents so we can backup presets and fix those issues without having to delete the app.

• @stormbeats said:
    @ElliottGarage any plans to add copy sample to another pad and also its own onboard sequencer ? Lastly when saving the text is very dark.

Isnt that all what pulse is for ?

• @Turntablist said:

@stormbeats said:
    @ElliottGarage any plans to add copy sample to another pad and also its own onboard sequencer ? Lastly when saving the text is very dark.

@Turntablist i don’t use pulse Reason being the short pattern lengths.

• @ElliottGarage are pad/slice mutes & solos in future plans/updates?

• edited July 2020

@stormbeats said:

@Turntablist said:

@stormbeats said:

And you think for some reason that in his simple sample plugin, that he would add a sequencer with longer patterns than his drum sequencer, interesting.
    Maybe ask for longer patterns in pulse is a better question ?

• @stormbeats said:

@Turntablist said:

@stormbeats said:

I use pulse in GarageBand and you can make your patterns as long as you want and the mixer helps out a lot to from inside pulse. Just wish pulse had a better sample manager. Not a fan of kits or banks.

• What's the best method to reduce or eliminate clipping when sequencing the chops?

• edited July 2020

@Turntablist said:

@stormbeats said:

@Turntablist said:

@stormbeats said:

And you think for some reason that in his simple sample plugin, that he would add a sequencer with longer patterns than his drum sequencer, interesting.

@Turntablist you having one of your bad days again. Don’t run your gums like you own tings g. “You think for some reason” run your mouth elsewhere. You was cool last week now your back on your little funny turn . These dudes hiding behind a little ipad screen.

• @stormywaterz said:

@stormbeats said:

@Turntablist said:

@stormbeats said:

I use pulse in GarageBand and you can make your patterns as long as you want and the mixer helps out a lot to from inside pulse. Just wish pulse had a better sample manager. Not a fan of kits or banks.

@stormywaterz ok thanks Will try that

• Also @ElliottGarage, is there a way to quickly overwrite a preset? Like a save button? Noticed my slices moved a little in Cubasis 3. Not sure if they change from stand alone vs as AUv3.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    Also @ElliottGarage, is there a way to quickly overwrite a preset? Like a save button? Noticed my slices moved a little in Cubasis 3. Not sure if they change from stand alone vs as AUv3.

@Lil_Stu07 i was thinking the exact same thing. Would help a lot

• @Turntablist go practise your crab scratch and stop clawing at everything you seem to oppose when people are not speaking direct to you. Answer back if you want or think to yourself

• @stormbeats said:

@Turntablist said:

@stormbeats said:

@Turntablist said:

@stormbeats said:

@Turntablist you having one of your bad days again. Don’t run your gums like you own tings g. “You think for some reason” run your mouth elsewhere. You was cool last week now your back on your little funny turn . These dudes hiding behind a little ipad screen.

Hiding behind a screen ?
    You are welcome to my address anytime you like, pay a visit, I'm hiding from nothing, least of all anybody getting upset over messages on a forum.

• edited July 2020

@stormbeats said:
    @Turntablist go practise your crab scratch and stop clawing at everything you seem to oppose when people are not speaking direct to you. Answer back if you want or think to yourself

Of course I will answer back, you think people shouldn't reply to posts on a public forum ?

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    What's the best method to reduce or eliminate clipping when sequencing the chops?

If its clipping, turn it down, if you mean clicking caused by triggering at non zeros, try adding a very tiny amount of attack to each slice.

• @Turntablist said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:
    What's the best method to reduce or eliminate clipping when sequencing the chops?

If its clipping, turn it down, if you mean clicking caused by triggering at non zeros, try adding a very tiny amount of attack to each slice.

Thanks! I'll try tomorrow. (Well really later today lol) Clicking is the right terminology here. 😅

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

@Turntablist said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

Thanks! I'll try tomorrow. (Well really later today lol) Clicking is the right terminology here. 😅

Its worth tapping on the settings cog too, there is the option in there for slice at zero and soft clip, its worth having those set to on.

• @Lil_Stu07 & @stormbeats to overwrite a preset swipe left on a preset to access an additional menu, then press the save icon

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @Lil_Stu07 & @stormbeats to overwrite a preset swipe left on a preset to access an additional menu, then press the save icon

Ahhhh sweet thank you!

@Turntablist said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

@Turntablist said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

Its worth tapping on the settings cog too, there is the option in there for slice at zero and soft clip, its worth having those set to on.

These are set to on by default, but the loop i made doesn't have any 0s. It is using a few Korg sounds. I've found that with loops that I've made, the transient detection doesn't do much no matter where I slide the threshold. It's not a big deal as this is extremely easy to make my own slices, it's just figuring out exactly where and how to get the best sound. When I get off work I'll mess around with the attack and release and see what I can get.

Thanks for the advice!

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @Lil_Stu07 & @stormbeats to overwrite a preset swipe left on a preset to access an additional menu, then press the save icon

@ElliottGarage ok thanks

• edited July 2020

I’m on the fence buying this app, on one hand I love Elliot’s apps, always top notch and great value for money. On the other I’m not sure it fits my usage case. Can you help me understand if it does what I’d like using it for?

Here’s the scenario: I like to record long samples with a synth or whatever, where I jam without a metronome, trying different ideas. I end up with perhaps a 5 min sample, then I select the good parts and make loops out of it.

Here’s my questions:

1. Does it handle long samples well (3 to 5 min)?

2. I might end up with different samples at different tempos on the same audio file, can I isolate the loops I want, and have each at its own tempo?

3. After I’m done selecting the good parts of the sample, can I delete the other parts to save memory? I realize trimming isn’t possible yet, but is it on the roadmap? Actually, trimming isn’t really what I want cause the rubbish parts are in the middle, sometimes I might play the same riff several times until I get it right. I can of course edit the sample first, on twistedwave, for instance, but it takes precious time I don’t have, and I’d rather do it here, and use the transient detection, and also avoid duplicating samples in every app, which is the thing that bothers me most.

4. Can the slices be easily exported other than to EG pulse (which I don’t have, but could consider buying)? Seems not possible ATM, but again, is it planned?

If it can do these 4 points (I can wait for 3 and 4), then I’m sold…

Edit: maybe I didn't explain #2 properly, I mean the source sample will have loops at different tempos, but I'll want every one playing at the same tempo, in other words, time stretching them all to the same tempo, with different amounts of timestrech per slice