Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Have you taken the Blocs Wave pill yet?

1235»

Comments

• Is there a way to record into blocswave from AUM while applying a midi effect like ChordBud

• This would be a great addition to Blocs..

• @wim said:

@robertjameslee said:
    Just exploring Blocs and using own imported audio file. Struggling with matching tempo of "bought" loops to audio file. Does anyone have any links to a video explanation of how to import and use audio files that does not skip one the temp issue- or am I getting this wrong and do I somehow change tempo of the factory blocks to match audio file? Basically I want to import an Audi file of wav format of a section of a song then add loops I have purchased. I have gotten so far but purchased loops are out of synch with the audio file- different tempo.

Thanks. Rob

Have you set the tempo and number of beats of your imported audio file within Blocs Wave? (Tap the gear icon next to the imported sample.) Is the file a perfect loop, with no extra beats or silence at the end?

If you get that part right, you shouldn’t have to do anything else to get things to sync up.

Yes beats temp set not sure what a perfect loops is it’s a sample from a petshop boys song. an app that allowed you to import a song and have temp and beats revealed would be a help.

• @robertjameslee said:

@wim said:

@robertjameslee said:
    Just exploring Blocs and using own imported audio file. Struggling with matching tempo of "bought" loops to audio file. Does anyone have any links to a video explanation of how to import and use audio files that does not skip one the temp issue- or am I getting this wrong and do I somehow change tempo of the factory blocks to match audio file? Basically I want to import an Audi file of wav format of a section of a song then add loops I have purchased. I have gotten so far but purchased loops are out of synch with the audio file- different tempo.

Thanks. Rob

Have you set the tempo and number of beats of your imported audio file within Blocs Wave? (Tap the gear icon next to the imported sample.) Is the file a perfect loop, with no extra beats or silence at the end?

If you get that part right, you shouldn’t have to do anything else to get things to sync up.

Yes beats temp set not sure what a perfect loops is it’s a sample from a petshop boys song. an app that allowed you to import a song and have temp and beats revealed would be a help.

A perfect loop is one that is exactly a given number of measures long and that doesn't sound glitchy when played back.

You might try going to the edit tab in Blocs. There you'll see the waveform with a beat grid. The first thing you want to look for is whether the sample fits the number of beats you've set and whether the peaks seem to line up OK with the beat grid. Sorry, that's probably not very clear, but I don't know how else to explain it simply, not having your sample to look at to see what might be going wrong.

• If these Ampify Studio apps go AU... I will happily do their subscription... They are so good..

• @RajahP said:
    If these Ampify Studio apps go AU... I will happily do their subscription... They are so good..

+10000000000000

• edited August 2021

Good enough for me would be - to be able to tune individual samples and loops. Maybe a song mode and improvements on storing and organizing user imported loops and samples and to create custom settings to store eg guitar / keys to separate folders.. ok, maybe thats too much 😁 Have managed to put more than 100000 loops to BW and also owning more than half of the packs. So some crazy results in randomly selecting loops 😇

• @flickremix said:
    Is there a way to record into blocswave from AUM while applying a midi effect like ChordBud

I'm not sure if you can do this from AUM, you certainly can do it from Audiobus though, Audiobus even has the ability to control the recording inside blocswave !

• It’s great ! Use it for a little or a lot. Great value for what it can do.

• @Thepixelproducers said:
    It’s great ! Use it for a little or a lot. Great value for what it can do.

Son of a b&&^. Wait I am confused…. Are using just AUM or is there AudioBus running in there as well??

• I love Blocs Wave — it’s great the way it is. Perfect tool for

I usually use the sound packs from their store and slice them up a bit/rejig them to come up with quick ideas that I can jam with. When I have a concrete idea that normally I’ll disgard the Blocs sounds and recreate those sounds on other instruments.

Here’s an example from earlier today. Came up with a nice little guitar riff to go with the drums/synths from Blocs:

• I have said this several times, but I really like bloc wave for quickly creating background music for videos or other ads. It’s a great way to quickly find a unique beat, without having to work too hard.

You can even time the loops to sync with video content.

tl;dr: great for low-value, low budget “original” music for commercial purposes.

• @wim said:

@robertjameslee said:

@wim said:

@robertjameslee said:

Thanks. Rob

A perfect loop is one that is exactly a given number of measures long and that doesn't sound glitchy when played back.

You might try going to the edit tab in Blocs. There you'll see the waveform with a beat grid. The first thing you want to look for is whether the sample fits the number of beats you've set and whether the peaks seem to line up OK with the beat grid. Sorry, that's probably not very clear, but I don't know how else to explain it simply, not having your sample to look at to see what might be going wrong.

Many thanks for that - it is a learning curve I will figure it out.

• @onerez said:

@Thepixelproducers said:
    It’s great ! Use it for a little or a lot. Great value for what it can do.

Son of a b&&^. Wait I am confused…. Are using just AUM or is there AudioBus running in there as well??

Yup. Just AUM. I launched Koala and Blocs first then brought them into AUM.

• edited August 2021

@RajahP said:
    If these Ampify Studio apps go AU... I will happily do their subscription... They are so good..

Wishful thinking. If only they put they’re effort in updating wishlist feature the same as they put their effort in just answering your emails so nicely.
    End of the day nothing is done from wishlist really