Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
Have you taken the Blocs Wave pill yet?
- Record as audio in any loop length you desire with any of your favorite synths or sound modules AU or otherwise with ableton link as well using Audiobus
- Avoid endlesss tweaking of unnecessary crap because a. Audio b. No option except bare essentials: faders, 3 band eq, panning.
- No need to pre plan or pre arrange ideas or even think about anything at all: everything can be sliced and triggered quantized or unquantized after the fact. Tempo changed etc.
- literally just load up synths, press record, fill up the slots. “Jump mode” style scene changes keep everything in sync for later recording your performance out to Audioshare for the final track.
- Launchpad export for the truly adventurous.
After years of using all the cool daws and sequencers, I can’t help but swallow the cold hard truth that this method has led to the quickest creation of quality tracks for me. Usually I’ll put the master into Grand Finale or run it through Magic Deatheye or something. How bout it folks?