Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TAL-U-NO-LX AUv3 and standalone for iPad released

18910111214»

Comments

• Does anyone else miss the possibility of 2 voice unison? (Which would cover the basic 2 detuned oscillator) It jumps from 1 to 3 then anything up to 7.

• Very happy to see an update. It’s a great synth and always hoped for more of their synths on iOS!
    Hopefully a dev can help them out with this

• @cokomairena said:

@jsmonzani said:

@belldu said:
    So does this new version allow for saving presets to the synth within a Daw? And has anyone updated and can reassure me it works ok?

It still doesn't and it's still a shame. On my iPad 9th gen, the new full screen browser is ultra huge and not enjoyable at all. 😔

Press the - button at the bottom

Ooooooh! Didn't notice that, thank you!!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Jer4 said:
    Very happy to see an update. It’s a great synth and always hoped for more of their synths on iOS!
    Hopefully a dev can help them out with this

One of my favs.

• @ehehehe said:
    This is a certified classic, anybody know how to use the aftertouch? Didn't find anything in the manual, thanks!

it must be in the Control section, but this section is already difficult/impossible to understand.

• @ehehehe aftertouch is hardwired to volume, along with velocity. You determine the intensity with VEL/MPE/AT Volume.

• edited September 2023

I see, thank you.

• Got and email back from the dev. Basically interoperability between IOS ipad Logic and desktop equivalent is a no. Multiple dev teams are looking at it.

• @Thelast27 said:

@jsmonzani said:

@belldu said:
    So does this new version allow for saving presets to the synth within a Daw? And has anyone updated and can reassure me it works ok?

It still doesn't and it's still a shame. On my iPad 9th gen, the new full screen browser is ultra huge and not enjoyable at all. 😔

I had reached out to the developers about this and he said it was something they were very aware of.

Here’s the reply here:

“ Thanks for the information. We are aware of that issue. We couldn't fix this so far. The problem is sandboxing and limited access to the file system. The iOS file dialog can't access our sandbox folder. It always shows the public folder when we open the browser. But it's not possible to save the presets there. You can only load them. Because of this, we removed the save button when sandboxing happens.

We aren't the most experienced iOS developer company. Let me know when you have an idea of how things could work or how other plugins do this. “

If any other iOS developer can help Patrick - please reach out to them as I’m sure they’d appreciate it and maybe this will encourage more of their synths to come to iOS.

There is a way to do it but the OS calls are apparently not well known. Until
    iOS 13 I think it was, AUv3 were limited in terms of the directories they could access. They could share a non-public directory with the standalone app. And a lot of developers use that mode. But Drambo and Koala and some other apps use some more modern calls that work around the limitation. The developer may want to reach out to them.

• edited September 2023

@espiegel123 said:

@Thelast27 said:

@jsmonzani said:

@belldu said:

I had reached out to the developers about this and he said it was something they were very aware of.

Here’s the reply here:

“ Thanks for the information. We are aware of that issue. We couldn't fix this so far. The problem is sandboxing and limited access to the file system. The iOS file dialog can't access our sandbox folder. It always shows the public folder when we open the browser. But it's not possible to save the presets there. You can only load them. Because of this, we removed the save button when sandboxing happens.

We aren't the most experienced iOS developer company. Let me know when you have an idea of how things could work or how other plugins do this. “

If any other iOS developer can help Patrick - please reach out to them as I’m sure they’d appreciate it and maybe this will encourage more of their synths to come to iOS.

There is a way to do it but the OS calls are apparently not well known. Until
    iOS 13 I think it was, AUv3 were limited in terms of the directories they could access. They could share a non-public directory with the standalone app. And a lot of developers use that mode. But Drambo and Koala and some other apps use some more modern calls that work around the limitation. The developer may want to reach out to them.

Why don't plugin and synth developers take advantage of state saving to a folder for their app on iCloud when it's available? This would create instant cross platform compatibility and allow users to create on either desktop or mobile and then make sure the last thing they did on a per project basis would be available no matter on which platform they open a project? Am I wrong here?

• Can we get some of this discussion into the hands of the Tal dev? Perhaps connect them to the drambo mastermind? Purely for selfish reasons, I'd love to be able to tweak and save presets from this awesome synth from inside a DAW,

• @ehehehe said:

@belldu said:
    Can we get some of this discussion into the hands of the Tal dev? Perhaps connect them to the drambo mastermind? Purely for selfish reasons, I'd love to be able to tweak and save presets from this awesome synth from inside a DAW,

What is holding you back from contacting them yourself?

A few pages back @Thelast27 said they were already corresponding with the dev. I guess I'm asking whether this thread can be attached to that correspondence. If not happy to contact Tal myself and try to get folks connected.

• i think I’ve seen the AUM dev helping others in iOS matters. AUM is a software masterpiece.