Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TAL-U-NO-LX AUv3 and standalone for iPad released

Comments

• @wim said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@auxmux said:
    Add FAC Chorus to anything and it becomes phatttt.

Haven’t tried that one yet. I do have and love FAC Alteza reverb though, so I’m sure his Chorus effect is top notch.

If you decide to try it, first get yourself a whiteboard and write "I will not use FAC Chorus on every track" at least 100 times. Repeat as needed once you have the app.

Hehe that good eh?

• @reasOne said:
    is there some place to learn more about micro tuning? i don’t really get it 🤣 i’ve adjusted all the knobs in the SC button but can’t really tell any difference, also the bottom by the keyboard it says “no micro tuning” so i guess that’s why?

hey now let’s not over look this important question 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• New dedicated controller.

• Looks cool, but for that price I could just get a Roland JU-06A.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    Looks cool, but for that price I could just get a Roland JU-06A.

Too bad Roland limited the JU-06A to 4 voices, they should have kept all 6...

• @Samu said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

Yeah, I've heard a bit of criticism about it. I actually just opted to get an MC-101 since it has the Zen-Core engine and massive polyphony. It's absolutely amazing. Just wish I didn't have to connect it to the computer for sound design. I'll eventually have to upgrade to its big brother, but I'll wait a while.

• Does any one know how to fix the preset bug? It's all fine in standalone, but in auv3 they are unsorted which is really annoying, otherwise more than amazing synth

• @Jusch1995 said:
    Does any one know how to fix the preset bug? It's all fine in standalone, but in auv3 they are unsorted which is really annoying, otherwise more than amazing synth

How do you mean 'unsorted', the preset menu adapts to the size of the plug-in view?!

• Well, the interface still stretches when resizing the interface.

• This is how it's in standalone:

And that's how it's in auv3:

It doesn't uses the file structure in auv3

• @Jusch1995 said:

It doesn't uses the file structure in auv3

That's weird, for me the stand-alone and AUv3 presets are in perfect sync.

I have iCloud enabled for TAL-UN-O-LX (Settings->TAL...) and organize my files in the Files.app (on my iPad) and when launching the stand alone it syncs the stuff with the AUv3.

Kinda odd that you have more presets in the AUv3 than in the stand-alone.

I'm on an iPad Air 2, iPadOS14.4, in case that matters...

• I have restructure them in the files app, and in standalone it shows exactly this structure: don't know where the auv3 structure comes from. Seems like it's the structure before I restructured it. It is not more presets, but more folders.

• @Jusch1995 said:
    I have restructure them in the files app, and in standalone it shows exactly this structure: don't know where the auv3 structure comes from. Seems like it's the structure before I restructured it. It is not more presets, but more folders.

>

Ok, no clue here since it's working for me :(
    Don't know if the iPadOS version has anything to do with it, I'm on iPad Air 2, iPadOS14.4.

You could send the developer an e-mail and ask him to add manual 'sync' between stand-alone and AUV3?
    https://tal-software.com/contactsupport

The desktop TAL-UN-O-LX was recently updated so who knows...
    ...maybe there's an updated iPad version user cooking as well?

• @Jusch1995 said:
    I have restructure them in the files app, and in standalone it shows exactly this structure: don't know where the auv3 structure comes from. Seems like it's the structure before I restructured it. It is not more presets, but more folders.

Have you sorted this thing out?
    I’m facing the same problem, standalone is perfectly in sync with what in tal’s folder in files app but auv3 just adding presets. And there’s no way to delete them from auv3 manually either.

• @Agatha_aga said:

@Jusch1995 said:

Have you sorted this thing out?
    I’m facing the same problem, standalone is perfectly in sync with what in tal’s folder in files app but auv3 just adding presets. And there’s no way to delete them from auv3 manually either.

I’ve mailed Patrick kunz (the developer) and he told me he’s looking into it and probably will do an update. It seems like he found the problem.

• Highly recommend its chorus as a stand-alone effect as well. I use this in its VST format don’t know if the iOS app allows it

• @wahnfrieden said:
    Highly recommend its chorus as a stand-alone effect as well. I use this in its VST format don’t know if the iOS app allows it

Unfortunately not, but fac chorus is also extremely good as the Roland chorus emulation

• If anyone is interested in the Luftrum patches, they are having a sale for the next couple of days.

https://www.luftrum.com/

• sure wish this would go universal

• @eross said:
    sure wish this would go universal

Would be nice. One of my personal favorite iOS synths.

• Excellent! There is a + and - sign to scale the preset browser

• Fantastic!

Thank you very much.

• @Samu said:

@Lil_Stu07 said:

But, I think the JU-06a can also be used as a MIDI controller for TAL like the Soundforce. I keep thinking that at some point I’m going to get either the Soundforce or the JU-06a.

• I'm using this synth in an in-flight project (I haven't updated version yet).
    To my dismay it can only save presets in standalone mode, the Save preset option doesn't appear in any Daw.

This is making life hard for me.

I'm really wary about updating synths for in-flight projects and would only do so if this is fixed.

So does this new version allow for saving presets to the synth within a Daw? And has anyone updated and can reassure me it works ok?

• edited September 2023

@belldu said:
    So does this new version allow for saving presets to the synth within a Daw? And has anyone updated and can reassure me it works ok?

It still doesn't and it's still a shame. On my iPad 9th gen, the new full screen browser is ultra huge and not enjoyable at all. 😔

• @jsmonzani said:

@belldu said:

It still doesn't and it's still a shame. On my iPad 9th gen, the new full screen browser is ultra huge and not enjoyable at all. 😔

I had reached out to the developers about this and he said it was something they were very aware of.

Here’s the reply here:

“ Thanks for the information. We are aware of that issue. We couldn't fix this so far. The problem is sandboxing and limited access to the file system. The iOS file dialog can't access our sandbox folder. It always shows the public folder when we open the browser. But it's not possible to save the presets there. You can only load them. Because of this, we removed the save button when sandboxing happens.

We aren't the most experienced iOS developer company. Let me know when you have an idea of how things could work or how other plugins do this. “

If any other iOS developer can help Patrick - please reach out to them as I’m sure they’d appreciate it and maybe this will encourage more of their synths to come to iOS.

• Ah I see. Tal-U-No-Lx is unusual in that it stores presets in the iOS filesystem. Most other synths store them internally. However AUM uses the filesystem for presets. I know AUM isn't an auv3 itself, but perhaps there's some magic there that can be shared?

• edited September 2023

If I start a project on Logic on IPad with the TAL. Load the same project on desktop Logic. Change the preset and then try to load the same project on iPad I get a spinning wheel and it doesn’t load.

EDIT. Have raised a support ticket with TAL.

• @jsmonzani said:

@belldu said:

Press the - button at the bottom