Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TAL-U-NO-LX AUv3 and standalone for iPad released

Comments

• edited April 2020

Is it just me (using ipad air), but I seem to be getting a lot of latency on the latest 4.2.536 version (and also the 4.2.535 version) when playing notes on the onscreen keyboard which I can't remember noticing before. Anyone else?

• And while you’re on the OSL site you should grab their nice (free) chorus (desktop, though) which is modeled on the Juno/JC-120 chorus.

• @qryss said:
    And while you’re on the OSL site you should grab their nice (free) chorus (desktop, though) which is modeled on the Juno/JC-120 chorus.

Yeah this is a great Chorus. Their presets are pretty great.

• Anyone find how to name/rename preset when saving?

• edited August 2020

wow it got midi out in aum... sick to drive continua / anysynth from Tal uno. try it with its arp in hold mode

• Can’t wait to try this 👍🏼☝️

@noob said:
    wow it got midi out in aum... sick to drive continua / anysynth from Tal uno. try it with its arp in hold mode

• edited August 2020

Is this on beta?

• @auxmux said:
    Is this on beta?

It’s in the current version. The arp will drive another synth.

• Haven't read the whole thread, but i saw the Sound test Room video about the synth wave presets. I downloaded and installed it.
    When i opened the stand-alone version (haven't been using it for a while), i noticed that the preset menu list is all wonky. I can't even get to some presets. (iPad pro 12,9" 2nd gen. IpadOs 13.6)
    As Au (inside AUM) it seems fine.

• when will we have a fix for the wonky faders and menus ? :'(

• wonky or not its top 3 soundwize... and the arp driving other synths is amazing in AUM

• Best synth app on iOS no question

• I really hope they end up releasing more plugins on iOS, I use this synth very frequently

• @thestonedrummer said:
    Best synth app on iOS no question

Also the desktop version made it a lot easier back when I decided to sell my Juno 106!

• @maxwellhouser said:

@thestonedrummer said:

Also the desktop version made it a lot easier back when I decided to sell my Juno 106!

Same here. I spent a night ab-ing my Juno 106 and the TAL and sold my Juno the next morning. And that was version 1 of the app.

• @cyberheater said:

@maxwellhouser said:

@thestonedrummer said:

Same here. I spent a night ab-ing my Juno 106 and the TAL and sold my Juno the next morning. And that was version 1 of the app.

Totally agree. That was actually the second 106 I sold and I really regretted selling the first one in 1995. Regretted it for years!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BCKeys said:

@thestonedrummer said:

Hmmmm let's not forget the amazing OB-XD !

Must definitely check that one out so

• love this synth

• @thestonedrummer said:

Certainly subjective, I have used far better synths on iOS.

• Wonder if this will ever be universal. Would be nice to have my fav synth on my phone.

• is there some place to learn more about micro tuning? i don’t really get it 🤣 i’ve adjusted all the knobs in the SC button but can’t really tell any difference, also the bottom by the keyboard it says “no micro tuning” so i guess that’s why?

• @thestonedrummer said:

@BCKeys said:

@thestonedrummer said:

Hmmmm let's not forget the amazing OB-XD !

@[Deleted User] said:

@thestonedrummer said:

Certainly subjective, I have used far better synths on iOS.

@Lil_Stu07 said:
    Wonder if this will ever be universal. Would be nice to have my fav synth on my phone.

I keep hearing about, and seeing this “TAL-U-NO-LX” synth, and keep wondering “do I really need this when I already have so many other great synth apps?”

Then I realize it’s only $11.99 (USD) so I figured why not! First thing I noticed after starting the app for the first time was that it really resembles my DM12, which is of course based (in part) on a Juno 106, sliders and all. It all makes perfect sense now! And the real answer was “no, I don’t really need this synth” lol

• Opposite for me, definitely don't need a Deepmind.

• @Intrepolicious said:

Then I realize it’s only $11.99 (USD) so I figured why not! First thing I noticed after starting the app for the first time was that it really resembles my DM12, which is of course based (in part) on a Juno 106, sliders and all. It all makes perfect sense now! And the real answer was “no, I don’t really need this synth” lol

How does the chorus on the Deepmind sound compared to the TAL? Can you get the Deepmind close the sound of the lovely thickening stereo Juno chorus?

• @cyberheater said:

@Intrepolicious said:

How does the chorus on the Deepmind sound compared to the TAL? Can you get the Deepmind close the sound of the lovely thickening stereo Juno chorus?

Pretty close! The DM12 has a Chorus and “Chorus D” which can get there. Especially if I stack voices. Plus you can do a lot more with the DM’s effects as all effect parameters are available as modulation destinations in the mod matrix. This is vs the TAL’s options; Chorus on or off.

• Add FAC Chorus to anything and it becomes phatttt.

• @Intrepolicious said:

@cyberheater said:

@Intrepolicious said:

Pretty close! The DM12 has a Chorus and “Chorus D” which can get there. Especially if I stack voices. Plus you can do a lot more with the DM’s effects as all effect parameters are available as modulation destinations in the mod matrix. This is vs the TAL’s options; Chorus on or off.

Thanks

• @auxmux said:
    Add FAC Chorus to anything and it becomes phatttt.

Haven’t tried that one yet. I do have and love FAC Alteza reverb though, so I’m sure his Chorus effect is top notch.

• @Intrepolicious said:

@auxmux said:
    Add FAC Chorus to anything and it becomes phatttt.

Haven’t tried that one yet. I do have and love FAC Alteza reverb though, so I’m sure his Chorus effect is top notch.

If you decide to try it, first get yourself a whiteboard and write "I will not use FAC Chorus on every track" at least 100 times. Repeat as needed once you have the app.