Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FRMS - Granular Synthesizer from Imaginando

1171819202123»

Comments

• If FRMS existed as hardware, I would buy it instantly.

• @bobbfett said:
    If FRMS existed as hardware, I would buy it instantly.

That is an awesome piece of feedback. Thank you!

• By the way, we have recently released a new sound bank called "Scratching The Surface 1". Lucas has made a live stream showing up all the presets and the new features we have implemented in FRMS.

• How is the functionality in GarageBand on an iPhone ? I’m looking into possibly getting this or SampleWiz 2 in a couple of weeks (unless there’s a sale lol then it’ll be sooner!)

• edited February 2023

@sinosoidal hi, FRMS is awesome, my Feedback is:

• could you please consider to add RENAME function (for any, but mostly recorded) samples
    • allow access user to files for easy add/remove more samples at once
    • subfolders in user sample folder for better management
    • and optionally: reverb disable/enable switch for save some CPU?
    • Super optionally multiout for sum and each layer, to be able do more with only one instance of FRMS??

Especially when recorded more and more samples, its easy to not remember which is what, because lack of rename function and subfolders like vocal, guitar etc).
    Thank you for considering this :)

• @szczyp said:
    @sinosoidal hi, FRMS is awesome, my Feedback is:

• could you please consider to add RENAME function (for any, but mostly recorded) samples
    • allow access user to files for easy add/remove more samples at once
    • subfolders in user sample folder for better management
    • and optionally: reverb disable/enable switch for save some CPU?
    • Super optionally multiout for sum and each layer, to be able do more with only one instance of FRMS??

Especially when recorded more and more samples, its easy to not remember which is what, because lack of rename function and subfolders like vocal, guitar etc).
    Thank you for considering this :)

Hey. Your feedback is very welcome. All the suggestions make sense. I just can't give you an ETA. I have opened issue and attached this comment and your username. You will be notified if we get to implement it. Thanks! :blush:

• edited February 2023

@sinosoidal THANK YOU, and no pressure from any side, product already is perfect, but your support is excelent!
    can I one more question?
    making patches on iphone and then transfer with recorded samples to ipad…. how? by acxount on imaginando server or can be airdroped directly somehow?

• @sinosoidal Cool sounds. Thank you for the work.

• edited February 2023

@sinosoidal one more idea, who knows, maybe useful…..
    To add key zones ranges for each layer (with fading at the ends) , it would allow for preparing patch consist layers on different key ranges. For egzample I could sing low C1 „aaaaa” and on layer 2 also „aaaa” but C2, then crossfade them = overall patch would sounds „more natual” in wider key range. Or maybe there is alerady key range for each layer separately?

• How to create user subbank to save presets separately from „Local”?

• Does someone know if we can automate the freeze function in f.e. Loopy? I see a lot of parameters exposed but cannot find the option to freeze.

• Just thinking out loud.
    Now when we have M1 and M2 iPads, it would be nice to have the High Quality, Sample Rate, Buffer Size available.

Luv this app, I’ve had instrou arbhar, gr-1, but this is my goto granular. Hope it would be hardware someday.

Br Bobb

• @bobbfett said:
    Just thinking out loud.
    Now when we have M1 and M2 iPads, it would be nice to have the High Quality, Sample Rate, Buffer Size available.

Luv this app, I’ve had instrou arbhar, gr-1, but this is my goto granular. Hope it would be hardware someday.

Br Bobb

Thanks for your feedback. We will open issue and make it available when we release an update. :blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

@bobbfett said:
    Just thinking out loud.

Br Bobb

Thanks for your feedback. We will open issue and make it available when we release an update. :blush:

Yaay, amazing.

Cheers Bobb

• Trying the live input mode and had strange problems… :
    AUM session: Audio oscillator from miRack to FRMS in a Fx slot, live audio input. When playing the keyboard I can’t get a chromatic scale, more that a quarter tone scale… tried everything with no luck… any clue @sinosoidal ?
    Thanks!

• edited June 2023

@sinosoidal In FRMS, If I hold down a bass note in the “Hungry Cat” and other presets and rapidly tap a higher note repeatedly, after a few taps the bass note will stop. It seems like unintended behavior. It happens with other presets too.
    Btw, it works properly in DRC.

• @Denzkps said:
    ????

That has happened with quite a love of plugins so far. Have you contacted the dev?

• FRMS works for me...Decent Sampler gives me the same message...

• @HotStrange said:

@Denzkps said:
    ????

That has happened with quite a love of plugins so far. Have you contacted the dev?

To be honest we didn't tried Logic Pro yet. We need to investigate.

• @sinosoidal said:

@HotStrange said:

@Denzkps said:
    ????

Gotcha. Logic isn’t my main creative environment so as long as it works in AUM I’m happy.

• @Synthi said:
    Trying the live input mode and had strange problems… :
    AUM session: Audio oscillator from miRack to FRMS in a Fx slot, live audio input. When playing the keyboard I can’t get a chromatic scale, more that a quarter tone scale… tried everything with no luck… any clue @sinosoidal ?
    Thanks!

@sinosoidal did you have the time to test this bug?? I d like to use the live granulation! I bought FRMS almost for that feature… thanks

• @sinosoidal said:

@HotStrange said:

@Denzkps said:
    ????

I really, REALLY love the sound and the workflow of this synth, but I purchased it to use with Logic Pro on Ipad, and I am having the same issue where it fails to load when I try to reopen a project. I am returning the app for now, hope for a fix in the future as I can't justify the purchase (even at the sale price of $13 CAD) if it doesn't work with my DAW.

Otherwise I really like this synth; four layers of granular + subtractive + FM synthesis make for fantastic cinematic pads, and the dual "frame" layout makes programming it a breeze. Deep mod matrix and interesting randomization options are the cherry on top. I'm genuinely sad to return it, but I need the Logic Pro compatibility.

• edited August 2023

@Darkstring said:
    @sinosoidal In FRMS, If I hold down a bass note in the “Hungry Cat” and other presets and rapidly tap a higher note repeatedly, after a few taps the bass note will stop. It seems like unintended behavior. It happens with other presets too.
    Btw, it works properly in DRC.

I also experienced this issue, it is even worse when playing chords; holding a bass note and playing a 3 note chord more than once in rapid succession will cut out the bass note. I thought it might be an envelope issue but still occurs with release at 0 for all layers. Doesn't happen if the three note chord has a long break between presses.

It seems like last note priority isn't working properly here as I'm never playing more than four notes and still experiencing dropout on the low held note.

• @onlydeals @Denzkps

We'll be releasing a beta that we believe fixes the Logic Pro crashes. Could you please send me a PM with your email so I can add you to test flight for you to assess if the beta's stablility?

Thanks for reporting, and we apologize for the delay in providing this fix. We are currently swamped with work as we strive to complete the new app, which leaves us little time to address these issues. However, bugs like this should be fixed as soon as possible

@Darkstring @onlydeals

Regarding the bug of the note on/off bug, I'll take note of it. As soon as we find some time to work on it I'll let you both know. I hope you can bear with us a little bit longer; the problem will be addressed.

• @xglax said:
    @onlydeals @Denzkps

We'll be releasing a beta that we believe fixes the Logic Pro crashes. Could you please send me a PM with your email so I can add you to test flight for you to assess if the beta's stablility?

Thanks for reporting, and we apologize for the delay in providing this fix. We are currently swamped with work as we strive to complete the new app, which leaves us little time to address these issues. However, bugs like this should be fixed as soon as possible

@Darkstring @onlydeals

Regarding the bug of the note on/off bug, I'll take note of it. As soon as we find some time to work on it I'll let you both know. I hope you can bear with us a little bit longer; the problem will be addressed.

@Darkstring @onlydeals are you in FRMS TestFlight? Can you please confirm us that the issues with FRMS and Logic are sorted out?

Thanks! :blush:

• @sinosoidal said:

@xglax said:
    @onlydeals @Denzkps

@Darkstring @onlydeals

@Darkstring @onlydeals are you in FRMS TestFlight? Can you please confirm us that the issues with FRMS and Logic are sorted out?

I added you to the PM with @xglax, but for anyone else who may be watching this thread, YES the issues with Logic Pro do appear to be resolved with the test flight version. So far it has been 100% stable for me loading and reloading projects in Logic with FRMS, whereas with the previous version it would crash every time.

• @onlydeals said:

@sinosoidal said:

@xglax said:
    @onlydeals @Denzkps

@Darkstring @onlydeals

I added you to the PM with @xglax, but for anyone else who may be watching this thread, YES the issues with Logic Pro do appear to be resolved with the test flight version. So far it has been 100% stable for me loading and reloading projects in Logic with FRMS, whereas with the previous version it would crash every time.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We will submit this version for App Store review then. :blush:

• edited February 10

@sinosoidal @giku_beepstreet feedback :
    FRMS auv3 (under Drambo) on iPhone 15 pro in landscape do not show waveform, turning to portrait show the waveform and then again turning to landscape still show waveform, but changing patch to another and again not showing waveform.

Under AUM FRMS everything is working OK.

iOS 17.2.1