Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

While we're all cooped up inside, here're some Loopy Pro updates

Comments

• So what will arrive first Loopy Pro or Atom 2? 😬 All these teasers are making me itchy.

• almost certainly atom 2 i would think. but ya if both of these drop in 2021 its gonna be a damn good year for ios music making

• First question and probably a stupid one, but I can't seem to find the answer. Will Loopy Pro have multiple inputs and the ability to apply different effects to each input?

• Even if it doesn’t have that capability in standalone mode (which is very unlikely), you will be able to route multiple inputs in AUM. Loopy Pro will be auv3.

• @Michael said:
    Result of today's efforts:

I thought I understood what you are working on, but what is the grid doing here?

(You are not playing it as pads that fast are you?)

I thought the interface was going to look like the grid of loops. More features means a s̶t̶e̶e̶p̶ longer learning curve. 😳

As an aside, the “steep learning curve” means something is quickly learned contrary to colloquial usage.

• Mos def will buy this!

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Mos def will buy this!

(Said everyone on this forum :) )

• @PaoloMarelli said:
    First question and probably a stupid one, but I can't seem to find the answer. Will Loopy Pro have multiple inputs and the ability to apply different effects to each input?

Yep

• @Skyvalleystudio said:

@Michael said:
    Result of today's efforts:

I thought I understood what you are working on, but what is the grid doing here?

(You are not playing it as pads that fast are you?)

I thought the interface was going to look like the grid of loops. More features means a s̶t̶e̶e̶p̶ longer learning curve. 😳

As an aside, the “steep learning curve” means something is quickly learned contrary to colloquial usage.

The loop is playing, and I’m chopping it up as it plays. And yep, it can be a grid of loops. Or anything you like. The screen is fully editable, and there’ll be presets that ship with it.

• This is a great thread. Some of this is beyond my understanding and usage. I hope Loopy Pro is usable for other than pros. Include instructions and a manual! Thanks for peak!

• edited February 2021

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Any chance we could get a screen shot for how you set up each "slice"?

I posted a screenshot earlier actually - it’s this (now it has a quantisation setting too):

It will automatically divide on the transients close to the regular subdivision points so even if the loop’s a little off it’ll work

• @lsd87 said:
    This is a great thread. Some of this is beyond my understanding and usage. I hope Loopy Pro is usable for other than pros. Include instructions and a manual! Thanks for peak!

Yep, it’s designed to work as shallowly or as deeply as you like.

• @Michael said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Any chance we could get a screen shot for how you set up each "slice"?

I posted a screenshot earlier actually - it’s this (now it has a quantisation setting too):

It will automatically divide on the transients close to the regular subdivision points so even if the loop’s a little off it’ll work

Oh right! Duh... Sometimes putting 2 and 2 together isn't so easy.

• edited February 2021

Here's the split on transients in action:

Note the whole screen is editable - here's the edit mode:

And here's the setup for the button grid:

Also cool: the way the buttons are lighting up in the grid, the same mechanism is used to send MIDI feedback to a controller that's bound, so you get lights on stuff like the Launchpad.

• Aha! These extra insights are helping contextualize the flexibility. I now see how you set up the grid to the transients (yes, mind blown) but how can one set up a workspace like the one you show here with a mix of loops and one shots? Or are the one shots derived from carving up the loops only?

• Fallon is gonna have a blast with this thing. B)

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Aha! These extra insights are helping contextualize the flexibility. I now see how you set up the grid to the transients (yes, mind blown) but how can one set up a workspace like the one you show here with a mix of loops and one shots? Or are the one shots derived from carving up the loops only?

This button here creates the one-shots - they appear on the screen like squares with a linear waveform:

• edited February 2021

From left to right, those elements you can add to the workspace are:

• loop
    • one-shot
    • button grid (for sampling, for example, like above)
    • button
    • dial
    • horizontal slider
    • vertical slider
    • x-y pad

The controls (from the button grid down) are programmable, so you can set them to do whatever you like; they use the same system as MIDI learn. For example, this is the list of actions for a button that you can configure:

• @Michael said:
    From left to right, those elements you can add to the workspace are:

• loop
    • one-shot
    • button grid (for sampling, for example, like above)
    • button
    • dial
    • horizontal slider
    • vertical slider
    • x-y pad

The controls (from the button grid down) are programmable, so you can set them to do whatever you like; they use the same system as MIDI learn. For example, this is the list of actions for a button that you can configure:

Dang, you’ve been busy. The possibilities here seem nearly limitless... but yet the UX still has that intuitive accessibility that makes Loopy so great. I can’t wait to try out this sexy beast!

• Thank you!

• @audiblevideo said:
    @Michael

Pa-chick-a-p-pff

Haha

• Well this looks really amazing. The fact that the UI seems extremely customizable appeals a lot to me. Very much looking forward to try this out.

• This looks like instant purchase territory to me. Apps like this just put the fun factor back into music making aswell as become professional creativity tools. Can't wait.

• I'll just leave this here... :)

• Nice! I like the smell of marketing... it must be the finish line :)

• @Michael said:
    I'll just leave this here... :)

Can´t wait!

• @Michael Novation will sell a lot of those controllers

This discussion has been closed.