Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

While we're all cooped up inside, here're some Loopy Pro updates

edited March 2020 in Loopy Pro

Here's what I've been working on the last couple of weeks, when I'm not obsessively watching the stock market disappear down the gurgler or washing my hands...

Loopy's FX preset editor, including its built-in parametric EQ!

The EQ in particular has been a rather interesting journey for me, as I don't really know anything about digital signal processing, so it's been back to a big thick textbook for some remedial maths! It's quite the rabbit hole, but I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Next job is to make the delay module, which will include multiple sub-delays, and the ability to add your own modules onto the wet signal line, so you can do things like add a pitch shift per repeat.

The idea is that you can create your own effect presets (along side the built-in ones), which are a chain of modules, both built-in and AUs. Then you can select those presets to use as insert or send effects, the latter being configured per-loop group.

Fun times.

Comments

• I love a beautifully rendered EQ. It's like sound for the deaf. Should be a big hit with deaf people.

• What a beautiful sight!
    The EQ reminds me so much on the traveling through the Stargate in 2001... wonderful 😍

After seeing these damn SARS curves for weeks now these beautiful curves... thanks man!

• Thank you :D

• Truly eloquent and inviting UI @Michael !

..and chained module effect presets: Yes Yes Yes.

• Instabuy whenever that is ..

• Nice design, looks great.

• @Michael updates look amazing.

I sure hope we can get folder support/files app

• @topaz said:
    @Michael updates look amazing.

Cheers!

Yep, that's in there

• Awesome dude, stay safe :-)

@Michael said:

@topaz said:
    @Michael updates look amazing.

Cheers!

Yep, that's in there

• Nice work. Really looking forward to this one :)

• Looks awesome 🥁

• Very nice!

• Great work @Michael, looking really nice.

Was there any mention of comb filters in that big thick book of yours? ;)

• Wow dude I can't wait to use it that looks awesome!!! Will you release the eq as a separate app au?

• Is this going to be an AU app?

• @reasOne said:
    Wow dude I can't wait to use it that looks awesome!!! Will you release the eq as a separate app au?

Why are you awake? 😉

Good stuff @Michael. I look forward to loopy pro, and loopy pro part 2.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Is this going to be an AU app?

Missed the AU fx comment, so it hosts AUfx, so isn’t an AU of itself then.

• Looks beautiful! Looking forward to pics from the next phase.

• Yep it’ll be an AU too! When it’s an AU it won’t be able to host other AUs of course.

• @Michael said:
    Yep it’ll be an AU too! When it’s an AU it won’t be able to host other AUs of course.

That’s great news!

• Can someone explain this for the totally uninitiated?! Admittedly I never tried Loopy... but damn this UI is gorgeous!!! So my curiosity is piqued lol

• Woowooowoooo! Godspeed!

• @audiblevideo said:

@reasOne said:
    Wow dude I can't wait to use it that looks awesome!!! Will you release the eq as a separate app au?

Why are you awake? 😉

Good stuff @Michael. I look forward to loopy pro, and loopy pro part 2.

i never sleep!

• @Michael that’s a great looking EQ. Would you consider making the EQ into a separate app? I’m thinking of a way to buy more stuff from you.

• @Michael Looks fantastic
    Go Man, Go!

• Quick quick hurry hurry!

• The design is beautiful.

But never having designed a world-beating app before, I'm intrigued by the process. Namely, working on these beautiful effects: does this mean you're done with the overall beast and you're on to the punch list? Or is this like high-level procrastination? :#

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

OK, the one and only question that is important to me ... will this record and loop MIDI as well as Audio? All the rest looks fantastic to me, but my one and only itch that just can't seem to get scratched is integrated looping of MIDI and Audio. To be able to do both from something as elegant as Loopy HD is all I need.

I have more FX than I know what to do with.

• Looks great!!

Any plans for Ableton Project Export?

This discussion has been closed.