Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stay At Home Cause Everything is Canceled Sales

Comments

• Thanks.. looks like that Ableton Live filter that I always loved... now on IOS, Auv3 too... Mine..

Thanks..

Just the cost of a 1/2 cup of that Granda Latte... Thanks..

• @jolico said:

Anybody using this on iPhone?
    Is it worth getting if you already have AUM and NS2?

Only if you already have an appreciation for and familiarity with Steinberg products or if you need audio track arrangement capabilities.

NS2 can do everything I need for midi. I can use various apps and plugins with AUM to create a sort of modular DAW that fits most of my needs. But in terms of providing all of the functionality I need, Cubasis seems to fit the bill.

The big issue I have is stability with Audio Units. But there are workarounds for that.

• I love Bleass Filter

• Does this do anything the Kai Aras SF-1 doesn’t?

• Apple brought back 10% Bonus when adding funds to account.

• Same in UK too

• Australia also.

• Auria Pro - Music Production by WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1016291290

Down from $49.99 to $24.99

Auria - Music Production by WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id524122834

Down from $24.99 to $12.99

Auria LE by WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id585683569

Down from $19.99 to $9.99

• @White said:
    Auria Pro - Music Production by WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

Wow, any word on the IAPs?
    I said Im done shoping but...

• @NemanzgbKaj said:

@White said:
    Auria Pro - Music Production by WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

Wow, any word on the IAPs?
    I said Im done shoping but...

Damn, I’ve got Auria but hadn’t thought of IAPs, I’m just not going to look.

• @NemanzgbKaj @GrimLucky, I just checked my Auria Pro. No price break on IAP’s. The developer just released an update and has another quick fix to Apple in, so maybe later?

• @Sawiton said:
    @NemanzgbKaj @GrimLucky, I just checked my Auria Pro. No price break on IAP’s. The developer just released an update and has another quick fix to Apple in, so maybe later?

The plugin IAP's are from other developers
    hence why Auria Pro doesn't offer discounts there.
    Fabfilter, PSP, FXPansion, Overloud,
    Mu-Technologies, Sugarbytes for instance.

• Guess im not done shopping :D

• @Gravitas said:

@Sawiton said:
    @NemanzgbKaj @GrimLucky, I just checked my Auria Pro. No price break on IAP’s. The developer just released an update and has another quick fix to Apple in, so maybe later?

The plugin IAP's are from other developers
    hence why Auria Pro doesn't offer discounts there.
    Fabfilter, PSP, FXPansion, Overloud,
    Mu-Technologies, Sugarbytes for instance.

Yeah that makes sense! Would like those Fabs :# What is the IAP price for Fabfilter within Auria?

• @NemanzgbKaj said:
    Yeah that makes sense! Would like those Fabs :# What is the IAP price for Fabfilter within Auria?

$29.99 - $39.99 for the PRO effects. Fabfilter has a bundle in the App Store you can use anywhere, not just Auria Pro.

• I held off on AUM for awhile Because I had several DAW’s and audiobus 3, so I thought do I really need it. Now I literally cannot imagine working without it it’s my most used app, I do almost everything in it. Such a clean, professional, work space with so many routing options. It’s also taught me so much more about music production, with busses, LFOs, complicated midi routings, etc.. hands down my most cherished and used app. It’s a must have.

Actually I mite use this same statement as a review for aum.

• Awesome!

@Poppadocrock said:
    I held off on AUM for awhile Because I had several DAW’s and audiobus 3, so I thought do I really need it. Now I literally cannot imagine working without it it’s my most used app, I do almost everything in it. Such a clean, professional, work space with so many routing options. It’s also taught me so much more about music production, with busses, LFOs, complicated midi routings, etc.. hands down my most cherished and used app. It’s a must have.

• Any info if AudioBus goes on sale?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I held off on AUM for awhile Because I had several DAW’s and audiobus 3, so I thought do I really need it. Now I literally cannot imagine working without it it’s my most used app, I do almost everything in it. Such a clean, professional, work space with so many routing options. It’s also taught me so much more about music production, with busses, LFOs, complicated midi routings, etc.. hands down my most cherished and used app. It’s a must have.

Hmmmm I'm in the other boat. Bought it in a sale a few months ago and tried to make myself use it, largely because of the universal praise lavished upon it in this forum. I just don't get it I guess. I can't see the point with no sequencer.
    My workflow dictates that if I set up a few synths and effects that I like the sound of, I'll want to expand it into a jam/song within a DAW.

I like it's style and appreciate its great for some but for me I just can't see the point...

• I was already familiar with AUM from watching so many YouTube videos, and watching people like Haq and The Sound Test Room, etc.. use it.

As far as Sequencers and such, I open up an AUv3 or IAA sequencer, I then use them to send midi out or record the midi into Atom, to trigger al my synths, drum machines, etc... Add some effects, busses, and then you have each stem how you want it.

I’ve come to love the “modular DAW” set up, it just feels so open and more creative to me as opposed to working in a closed system. I pick the pieces I want and go at it.

To each his own, and if it doesn’t feel right or click, then maybe it isn’t for you, and that’s cool too, but I would highly recommend watching some tutorials and giving it another go.

• In the end It is all about workflow, and your personal preference. What way makes you feel the most creative, gives you the control you want, and is ultimately fun to use.

• @FPC said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Hmmmm I'm in the other boat. Bought it in a sale a few months ago and tried to make myself use it, largely because of the universal praise lavished upon it in this forum. I just don't get it I guess. I can't see the point with no sequencer.
    My workflow dictates that if I set up a few synths and effects that I like the sound of, I'll want to expand it into a jam/song within a DAW.

I like it's style and appreciate its great for some but for me I just can't see the point...

Which "DAW" to use is a very personal decision.
    Some use classic composition environments like Nanostudio, Beatmaker, Cubasis, Korg Gadget or Audio Evolution, others prefer modular environments like apeMatrix or AUM.
    It really depends where you put the focus.
    For composing, most prefer a one-stop solution with a few templates which are ready to go.
    Modular environments are more flexible with building multi-instrument and multi-effect creations with advanced audio and MIDI routing and control options. apeMatrix even has LFOs for controlling AUv3 parameters, but sequencing is not even part of such hosts, it will always be a separate add-on which can be a good thing for the more experimental guys.
    Some don't even compose at all, they let algorithmic generators do the composition part.

I'm using both:
    Nanostudio 2 and Gadget for composition, apeMatrix and AUM for sound and processing experiments that can lead to new sounds and ideas as well.

• Yeah AUM has been my gateway back into music after a long long gap, went from bands in the 90s through trackers, rebirth and soft synths then into fruityloops and then various DAWs, which kinda killed my creativity. Bought loads of bits and bobs of synths and other bits over these last years but only when I read about AUM last year did I see a way for me to get something out of it all... it lets me do the live thing with a keyboard or guitar and record some of it, all need to push myself into mixing and arranging in a daw a bit more but I’m now a confirmed appaholic and making some sort of odd sounds or melody every spare second.

Think it’s keeping me sane in this strange new world.

• edited March 2020

PC: Black Rooster is having a 90% off with a #stayathome bundle (MSRP $950 for $95), with 10% donated to WHO. If you want some good analog effects and don't already have them on your PC, these are high quality. I almost purchased, but don't actually need anything, so held off. It's a pretty crazy deal, so am still tempted.