Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stay At Home Cause Everything is Canceled Sales

Comments

• @mrufino1 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@mrufino1 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Talkbox Synth by Electrospit is on sale for $4.99 down from $24.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/talkbox-synth-by-electrospit/id1447605987

This require that special device to work as talkbox or there is any way to use it without it?

That wasn’t very clear, but it looked like the description said it was meant to work with their device. It wasn’t my cup of tea so I didn’t look much deeper than that.

For what it’s worth though, Ive seen throat mics used for assistive speech devices and also by the percussion singers in a capella groups. I don’t know if their device is more than that or not.

I was wondering the same with throat mic... Do you can recomend me one to try? It could be a diy project too...

Thanks guys!

Ah, so that’s interesting, they aren’t mics, they are speakers. You can probably just put headphones on your throat to get a similar effect, but maybe they wouldn’t be as tight.

It does look essentially like what is used when a person has their larynx removed. Creative for sure. I still don’t think it is my thing, but cool idea.

EDIT: ouch!!! It’s $599 for the throat device. Ouch.

@InfoCheck

Yes I took a look in between and wonder the same... with headphones not true working but maybe with a piezo... or bluetooth speakers properly adapted.

The idea is genius if it works but the price is mmmm crazy for a talkbox device. This is what I usually prefer vocoders :sweat_smile:

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@mrufino1 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@mrufino1 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@Poppadocrock said:

This require that special device to work as talkbox or there is any way to use it without it?

That wasn’t very clear, but it looked like the description said it was meant to work with their device. It wasn’t my cup of tea so I didn’t look much deeper than that.

For what it’s worth though, Ive seen throat mics used for assistive speech devices and also by the percussion singers in a capella groups. I don’t know if their device is more than that or not.

I was wondering the same with throat mic... Do you can recomend me one to try? It could be a diy project too...

Thanks guys!

Ah, so that’s interesting, they aren’t mics, they are speakers. You can probably just put headphones on your throat to get a similar effect, but maybe they wouldn’t be as tight.

It does look essentially like what is used when a person has their larynx removed. Creative for sure. I still don’t think it is my thing, but cool idea.

@InfoCheck

Yes I took a look in between and wonder the same... with headphones not true working but maybe with a piezo... or bluetooth speakers properly adapted.

The idea is genius if it works but the price is mmmm crazy for a talkbox device. This is what I usually prefer vocoders :sweat_smile:

It's so easy to build the classic Peter Frampton device at home.
    All you need is an air-tight box, a loudspeaker mounted on a separator panel that fits inside, a few cables, a plastic tube that you're ready to take into your mouth, and some glue to close everything. You feed the box from your amp (low levels!), stick the tube in your mouth and "sing" into a microphone by playing your instrument through the little box and moving your mouth to shape the sound. Nothing difficult.

• The old, cheap, simple gadget also sounds much better than the ESX-1:

• @rs2000 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@mrufino1 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@mrufino1 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Thanks guys!

@InfoCheck

All you need is an air-tight box, a loudspeaker mounted on a separator panel that fits inside, a few cables, a plastic tube that you're ready to take into your mouth, and some glue to close everything. You feed the box from your amp (low levels!), stick the tube in your mouth and "sing" into a microphone by playing your instrument through the little box and moving your mouth to shape the sound. Nothing difficult.

As easy as that????

Very cool.

Something else to add to the list of things to make and do.

Thanks.

• @Gravitas said:

@rs2000 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@mrufino1 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@mrufino1 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Thanks guys!

@InfoCheck

As easy as that????

Very cool.

Something else to add to the list of things to make and do.

Thanks.

It's certainly a fun project!
    I would probably use two or three 1 liter yoghurt buckets stacked and glued together to reduce the sound bleeding to the outside, you'll only want the sound to come out of the tube.
    https://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Talk-Box

• @rs2000 said:
    The old, cheap, simple gadget also sounds much better than the ESX-1:

Here’s a video showing several performers trying out the ESX-1. I think since the ESX-1 is a new instrument, I would defer judgment on how it compares to the traditional talk box once these artists have had enough time to master it. As with many instruments, there’s bound to be differences of opinion among artists as to its merits.

• edited March 2020

@InfoCheck Sure, to each his own.
    I wouldn't have suggested an alternative if I had $599 to spend on the ESX-1 and if I wouldn't love DIY.
    In the vid you posted, the demoed ESX sounds much better than in the previous video but I still prefer Stevie's tube 😅

• A ready-made talk box can be had for £99 already:
    https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_talk_box.htm

• @rs2000 said:
    @InfoCheck Sure, to each his own.
    I wouldn't have suggested an alternative if I had $599 to spend on the ESX-1 and if I wouldn't love DIY.
    In the vid you posted, the demoed ESX sounds much better than in the previous video but I still prefer Stevie's tube 😅

Of course Stevie’s performance should be better on an instrument he’s spent a lot of time on, still doesn’t tell you about the ESX-1’s quality.

As to the price? I think we’re dealing with a niche market so you’re not going to get the lower per unit costs of a mass produced item. Can’t imagine a Behringer clone of this coming out ever.

For a stage performer, I could see how if such an instrument let them perform more easily and there might be characteristics of the instrument that give them more freedom of expression. I would think given its niche market that the makers of the EXS-1 would be very receptive to feedback from their users. Perhaps this will allow them to improve on the design down the line.

If an artist is able to make a hit using the device there might be enough interest to spur sales and improve both the quality and lower costs. It’ll be telling if it’s still around 5 years from now.

• @rs2000 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@mrufino1 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@mrufino1 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Thanks guys!

@InfoCheck

I built my own (with poor success) with the megaphone approach and also bought some over the years... the first needed amp so I never use it and the second with amplifier made me understand why I love vocoders and how much anxiety gives me a tube into my mouth. I'm going to avoid any kind of coronavirus joke, just figure it by yourselves :trollface:

I miss my old Roland VariOS with Vc-2 card but hey! I have a rc505 with voice transformer... (and recently sold a perfom vk due it's difficult to play keys and sing at the same time)

I don't need none of these but they sound so funk :scream:

• edited March 2020

I’m sure there are some sales somewhere in this thread ;)

• I finally jumped on the ampify bus as they’re reduced this morning...

• edited March 2020

@topaz said:

Stop Offtoppikkinnggg :trollface:

:lol:

• edited March 2020

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@topaz said:

Stop Offtoppikkinnggg :trollface:

:lol:

If you want people to get it and embrace it you have to make it a hashtag :)

stopofftopicing

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    I miss my old Roland VariOS with Vc-2 card but hey! I have a rc505 with voice transformer... (and recently sold a perfom vk due it's difficult to play keys and sing at the same time)

I don't need none of these but they sound so funk :scream:

Another fan of Vocal Designer! No idea why Roland killed off that whole line of development.

• edited March 2020

If it’s possible I wouldn't object to the talkbox being moved to its own thread, it is an interesting discussion.

• @rs2000... my lips are stuck to the tube.... you said use a lot of glue... did I overdo it?

• @Krupa said:
    I finally jumped on the ampify bus as they’re reduced this morning...

Groovebox? If so, what was it dropped to? I just unlocked pro for $15 a few weeks ago. No regrets. It’s great!

• £6.99 for groovebox, and I got blocs wave pack for £4.99, need to learn that, I think Mr Haq did a nice tutorial that I should look up... didn’t bother with launchpad as i believe you can export straight from blocs and I don’t much use it anyway...

• Not sure what you mean by song mode, but it’s an AUv3. So you can load as many instances as you want. Could you clarify? Like a pattern chain or something?

It’s 1 Piano roll instance.

• It’s one of my most used apps, because I usually work in AUM.

• Atom is on sale down to $4.99

• Guitar Bass Solo - Phrasestock is free and all IAP are free too. It teaches you to play guitar and bass tabs.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/guitar-bass-solo-phrasestock/id1367830873

• @MAtrixplan said:
    Does Atom app has a song mode?
    https://appsliced.co/app?n=atom-piano-roll&l=list

nope, it does have a stop play button exposed in aum for easy access , it will sync play with the next bar in aum... but no song mode... you’ll want digikeys or xequence 2 for that

• edited March 2020

@NemanzgbKaj said: # stopofftopicing

Stop! In the naaaame of loooooveeeee.... :trollface:

@Philandering_Bastard said: Another fan of Vocal Designer! No idea why Roland killed off that whole line of development.

It wasn't, Roland just reconvert it into Aira vt3/4 and some vp keyboards and modules. Tc Helicon has better tools IMHO

@mrufino1 said: If it’s possible I wouldn't object to the talkbox being moved to its own thread, it is an interesting discussion.

Please open a new discussion and let's move there...

If you aren't tagged in this post, you can avoid it and keep buying apps like in apocalypse.
    Thanks!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @rs2000... my lips are stuck to the tube.... you said use a lot of glue... did I overdo it?

Perfect! Now drill a breathing hole, strum a power chord and never stop singing 😅

• @rs2000 said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @rs2000... my lips are stuck to the tube.... you said use a lot of glue... did I overdo it?

Perfect! Now drill a breathing hole, strum a power chord and never stop singing 😅

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Very funny @rs2000 @Gravitas. My lips are sealed.

• Midi Tools by @blueveek same developer as Atom is on sale for $2.99 down from $4.99

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midi-tools/id1446209019