Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Vent About Global Pandemic Management *HERE*

Comments

• Also if anyone British can explain what the fuck the British government is doing about this? It seems insane, which is roughly what I'd expect from my ex-mayor, but maybe I'm missing some piece of brilliance...

• @cian said:
    I live in South Carolina, and let me tell you there are a lot of people who think this is a conspiracy, or a ridiculous overreaction. One of them, rather alarmingly, works for the National Guard's disaster recovery team. Another is responsible for risk management at a local health insurance company.

Interestingly this is mostly white males 55+. So not the highest risk, but not exactly in a position where they should be going out and deliberately shaking hands, going to restaurants either...

Also our governor is refusing to do anything about it, and fairly clearly thinks it's basically a hoax. Lot of retirees in this state...

On the plus side, if anyone wants cheap beach property this might be a good year for it. Likely to be lots of empty homes. Might want to wait until after hurricane season though...

To be fair most of the 55+ males I know (ps. Like Colbert i don't see color) have this little guy...

buried beneath layers of being raised by this guy...

• @AudioGus said:

You should google WW2

😭 obviously you are right. It would be far more terrifying to live through that compared to this unseen menace that we are facing now.

• @cian said:
    I live in South Carolina, and let me tell you there are a lot of people who think this is a conspiracy, or a ridiculous overreaction. One of them, rather alarmingly, works for the National Guard's disaster recovery team. Another is responsible for risk management at a local health insurance company.

Interestingly this is mostly white males 55+. So not the highest risk, but not exactly in a position where they should be going out and deliberately shaking hands, going to restaurants either...

Also our governor is refusing to do anything about it, and fairly clearly thinks it's basically a hoax. Lot of retirees in this state...

On the plus side, if anyone wants cheap beach property this might be a good year for it. Likely to be lots of empty homes. Might want to wait until after hurricane season though...

The fact that Trump has high approval ratings in South Carolina and that the GOP has not broken ranks over the U.S. disastrous handling of the pandemic tells you all you need to know about their willingness to make decisions based on data and science. They can live their lives fact free on FOX News.

It is killing me that they still don't understand. I see some Americans thinking we have somehow dodged the bullet because things haven't exploded like in Italy -- when we are well on our way there (remember that two weeks ago Italy didn't appear to be in a catastrophic state).

And we have far fewer hospital beds in the U.S. per capita than Italy.

• @cian said:
    Also if anyone British can explain what the fuck the British government is doing about this? It seems insane, which is roughly what I'd expect from my ex-mayor, but maybe I'm missing some piece of brilliance...

I think it's usually referred to as 'English exceptionalism'. See our whitewashing of colonial history, standing 'alone' in WW2 and brexit for details 😬

• WHO now says Europe is now the center of the epidemic: "Europe has now become the epicenter of the #COVID19 pandemic, with more reported cases and deaths than the rest of the world combined, apart from #China. More cases are now being reported every day than were reported in China at the height of its epidemic"

This is super bad news -- because by the height of the epidemic in China draconian measures had been in place for a while. If Europe is there it means things will get a lot worse because, the U.S. and Europe have been slow to take drastic action.

Educate your friends about social distancing and proper hygiene -- encourage them to inconvenience themselves now rather than wait -- the longer we wait to take individual action the more inconvenient this will become.

• Packaging has become pandemic this moment.

• Btw, Donald Trump is playing hardball with our congress to have them put funds for HIS PET PROJECTS in a bill meant to deal with the epidemic. He is holding our health hostage to his political agenda.

MAGA is killing us.

I generally try to keep politics out of my posting here, but the depraved indifference and selfishness of Trump and his enablers during this crisis is in opposition to most of the values that even his supporters claim to hold dear.

We had plenty of opportunity to dodge this bullet. China bought the world time to put necessary measures into place before the epidemic exploded elsewhere. Trump told the world that this was contained and no big deal. He had everyone in the administration say that same thing. Even a week ago, they were saying that it would soon be over.

This is not almost over.

Sigh

• @Identor said:
    Packaging has become pandemic this moment.

Was almost certain this would end with a cut cable.

• What a crazy country the u.k is.

Voted tory/brexit to stop free movement of European people.
    But have no problem with the free movement of a killer virus.

Rule Britannia !

• @mungbeans said:
    Trump has always been an incompetent bufoonish figure of ridicule, but now he's potentially a serious danger.

"...we can be fairly certain he will look for someone to blame along with a distraction, most likely some form of conflict at home or abroad.
    The scale of the debacle will require a major distraction. Awful as the coronavirus pandemic looks now, Trump’s backlash could be even worse."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/12/donald-trump-coronavirus-crisis

@Littlewoodg said:
    The question about the pandemic is cui bono?
    Or at least, who benefits from the non-, or lagging, or pathetic, response to the virus of the world’s most powerful nation?
    Trump’s impotent flailing = runaway panic, plummeting world markets, inevitable recession. So scary and chaotic, but try seeing it all through the reptilian eyes of the super rich. Baron Rothschild put it so presciently: “the time to buy is when blood runs in the streets”. This is not just a dark 19th century aphorism, it’s the way Putin’s fortune (for example) was made. Speaking of whom, the silence from Russia re: the virus...deafening

I think one crucial difference between Trump and Hitler, @LinearLineman, is that Hitler pulled his own strings. He was not someone else’s “useful idiot”.

@espiegel123 said:
    Btw, Donald Trump is playing hardball with our congress to have them put funds for HIS PET PROJECTS in a bill meant to deal with the epidemic. He is holding our health hostage to his political agenda.

MAGA is killing us.

I generally try to keep politics out of my posting here, but the depraved indifference and selfishness of Trump and his enablers during this crisis is in opposition to most of the values that even his supporters claim to hold dear.

We had plenty of opportunity to dodge this bullet. China bought the world time to put necessary measures into place before the epidemic exploded elsewhere. Trump told the world that this was contained and no big deal. He had everyone in the administration say that same thing. Even a week ago, they were saying that it would soon be over.

This is not almost over.

Sigh

Making
    Airborne
    Germs
    Abundant

• McDMcD
    edited March 2020

There is a possibility that the virus and it's ultimate lessons will unify people.

I'd love reliable statistics that would be nice to know with some level of certainty:

infected
    DIVIDED BY
    number not infected yet

Maybe some clever quant can produce reasonable estimates of this ratio.

Medical strategy is focusing on the need to slow the rate of movement from the bottom to the top of the
    fraction so they have more capacity to improve the success rate of the newly infected.

It appears everyone will catch this at some point.

Being in a high risk category we are hoping to cross the chasm later rather than early to get the potential benefits of future science.

• edited March 2020

Britain’s response right now

• Been told to work from home for the foreseeable future. It’s crazy.

• @McD said:
    There is a possibility that the virus and it's ultimate lessons will unify people.

I'd love reliable statistics that would be nice to know with some level of certainty:

infected
    DIVIDED BY
    number not infected yet

Maybe some clever quant can produce reasonable estimates of this ratio.

Medical strategy is focusing on the need to slow the rate of movement from the bottom to the top of the
    fraction so they have more capacity to improve the success rate of the newly infected.

It appears everyone will catch this at some point.

Being in a high risk category we are hoping to cross the chasm later rather than early to get the potential benefits of future science.

@McD: current estimate is not that everyone will catch it. The current estimate is 40%-70% over the next 12-18 months not everyone barring a miracle vaccine (unlikely).

The article that I have posted a few times (please read it a few times if you haven't already): provides some of the numbers you want (prepared by clever quants) and indicates the methodology for estimating based on the data that has been shared:

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

If I recall correctly, you are also up here in Northern California. The article explains how they are making estimates on the known cases (as opposed to the actual cases). The bad news is that it is quite a bit more widespread than people realize.

The hospitals have not become overwhelmed yet but they are on the verge. It is causing a lot of pressure on frontline workers to stay at work. A friend told me that one of the major hospitals in the region is already short-staffed enough that as of a couple of days ago, they were allowing people to come to work that have someone with a fever at home. The between-the-lines is that the hospital thinks that they are short-staffed enough that the risk of an asymptomatic carrier is less dire than having that person not show up at all. It seems risky.

Take care, man.

• It’s abundantly clear that not enough people have learned anything from all of the zombie and pandemic movies and shows. I think the nominees for asshole of the year award should come from those who say things like:

The virus is not serious if you’re young, not immune compromised, do not have other health problems such as diabetes, COPD, MS, high blood pressure, obesity, do not have any pending medical procedures scheduled, work place remains uneffected, will not run out of prescriptions, well stocked with toilet paper, or . . .

I would advise these people not to go around taunting people about their good fortune as if things should reach the point where their friends or family are dying, they might have a strong urge to lash out in anger which is one of the stages of grief. They should probably just stay at home and gloat in private.

• When they start making movies again will someone remind the effing screen writer to not forget the mad rampage for the ‘toilet rolls’ in the apocalypse movies.

• McDMcD
    edited March 2020

I like the idea that the "free to rage" vent contains such excellent advice.

I can't even describe the rage I feel over seeing that damn Drambo thread on page one.

I keep ignoring it and ignoring it but there is so little else going on musically.

There are hints that Loopy Pro might be imminent (like sometime this year) but developers are the worst people to take "is it soup yet?" estimates from. Developers mean well but they are human and not like our lovely little dependable computers.

• edited March 2020

@cian said:
    Also if anyone British can explain what the fuck the British government is doing about this?

Lots of things are being done behind the scenes, but none of it to help the majority of the people they are supposed to serve.

They’ll be planning how to contain the natives, when we start rioting through lack of food, and seeing our family and friends die needlessly.

‘Stock up the bunker with champers Sebastian, and ensure security shoot any over-curious pleb on sight’.

Yet still they vote for these c#nts.

• @Max23 said:
    gee, I think need to explain the numbers like this
    otherwise people don't understand what the numbers mean.

corona virus overall average
    1 of 10 infections needs serious medical attention. (picture left)
    death rate 7% (picture right)
    (7 of 100 infected die)

This is misinterpreting the numbers. We just don't know the overall mortality rate because we dont know the number of infections. This is just confirmed cases. There will be many thousands of cases which go unreported with people just with mild symptoms. Also different countries will have different mortality rates due to various factors. Eg Italy has a high death rate at the moment because of ageing population. So while it's important to be vigilant and not spread it, it's also not good to spread fear.
    Most experts are saying the death rate will work out to be around 1% or under.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/how-many-will-die-of-coronavirus-in-the-uk-a-closer-look-at-the-numbers

• @MonzoPro said:

@cian said:
    Also if anyone British can explain what the fuck the British government is doing about this?

Lots of things are being done behind the scenes, but none of it to help the majority of the people they are supposed to serve.

They’ll be planning how to contain the natives, when we start rioting through lack of food, and seeing our family and friends die needlessly.

‘Stock up the bunker with champers Sebastian, and ensure security shoot any over-curious pleb on sight’.

Indeed, they're playing this 'nudge' game because they think they can control our behaviour. It works at some levels but it's deeply patronising.

• edited March 2020

@knewspeak said:
    When they start making movies again will someone remind the effing screen writer to not forget the mad rampage for the ‘toilet rolls’ in the apocalypse movies.

I agree, movies are much more engaging when they mix realism amongst all the fantasy. It’s also more evidence to support truth being stranger than fiction. Perhaps health advice should be printed on the toilet paper? Like, “You’re more likely to get and spread the Corona virus if you’re involved in a toilet paper riot.”

Brown Friday when retailers try to jump start plunging sales by promoting discounted toilet paper.

• edited March 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said

Yes it needs careful cooperation to prevent deaths..but it's important not to spread false assumptions. This is also what's fueling the panic buying. Many people can't afford to or are able to bulk buy and so they might be even more vulnerable.

• UK Government’s Coronavirus outbreak plan

• You know they’re digging deep in the U.S. when both Walmart and Target have been recruited as part of expanded virus testing in the national emergency declaration. Never seen anything similar in my lifetime.

• @cian said:
    Also if anyone British can explain what the fuck the British government is doing about this? It seems insane, which is roughly what I'd expect from my ex-mayor, but maybe I'm missing some piece of brilliance...

An ex tory cabinet minister and mayoral candidate went on cnn to basically spill the beans about the current strategy, it’s worth a watch, I’m surprised he went on and did this, but I think he knows the backlash will be huge after the carnage. Also they have according to a guardian journalist, cancelled local and mayoral elections till 2021, if true don’t be surprised if america follows suite, as boris and trump are front men for the same interests.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2020/03/12/rory-stewart-coronavirus-boris-johnson.cnn/video/playlists/coronavirus-intl/

• edited March 2020

President Trump said he may get tested for the Corona virus at some point. The Miami mayor Just tested positive for the virus. He and the President met with the same Brazilian delegation which had one member who’s since tested positive for the virus. Hopefully the President’s doctors tell him to take the test and he complies ASAP.

• @Krupa said:

@MonzoPro said:

@cian said:

Indeed, they're playing this 'nudge' game because they think they can control our behaviour. It works at some levels but it's deeply patronising.

Expendable pawns, hundreds of thousands sacrificed so the government can sneak off with their rich mates in the hope it boosts immunity.

When, if, we get through this, Johnson & Co will have to face a very angry public.

Food shortages and unnecessary deaths of loved ones tends to focus the mind.