Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Vent About Global Pandemic Management *HERE*

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2020

@wim I don’t think that makes you an anti-vaxxer in the sense normally meant, no - not in any useful sense, anyway.

It’s used, in my experience, to refer to people who disagree with the science and - often - won’t get their kids vaccinated. That is where the problem lies because vaccination allows us to control some infections. It’s a real problem when the prevalence of measles etc in the population rises as a result of people refusing vaccination - and people die. This is not considered to be the case for flu. At least, not that I’ve ever heard.

I also didn’t get flu shots because I also never got flu (I’ve had it once) - until I started visiting my 80/90 year old parents and thought how awful it would be if I gave them something that killed them.

I now get flu shots through where I work and they aren’t free because a nurse comes to administer them. Don’t know about the cost from other sources. This is in Australia.

• @wim... now I am mad 😉. I was totally apolitical my entire life... until Unca Donald showed me the way.
    I am saddened to say, IMO, no one can avoid politics anymore. It has become totally invasive over the past few years. For most it’s effects have only been like an annoying orange fly constantly flitting around one’s face, dominating the news cycle. Until now. Now the personal invasion is at everyone’s doorstep.

• @LinearLineman Music matters when it’s awesome, politics matters when it’s awesomely bad. Or something.

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@LinearLineman said:
    @wim... now I am mad 😉. I was totally apolitical my entire life... until Unca Donald showed me the way.
    I am saddened to say, IMO, no one can avoid politics anymore.

I can. B)

It does drive people nuts. One time I had the misfortune to be the only one besides our company CEO early to a meeting. The guy was determined to draw me out on my politics. Survived thanks to the Ron Swanson Hostile Witness method...

• edited March 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Max23 said:

@zeropoint said:
    No Max, 7 in 100 of CLOSED cases die. The large majority of those 54,000 in a mild condition will not progress to serious and will make a full recovery, dramatically reducing the fatality rate of those known to be infected.

yes, thats where statistics come from. closed cases. ;)
    active cases you cant tell as you cant predict the future

oh, if you want happy news
    for 90 of 100 people its not different from any other flu, u feel sick and get over it.

thats why I am trying to explain these numbers to you people
    you don't understand what these numbers mean and not the how and why its calculated like that.

You're incorrect. The World Health Organization's most recent numbers put the mortality at 3% to 4%, but experts maintain that number will likely go down. It's still far more lethal than influenza, but it is not 7%.

By definition, the case fatality rate is the number of deaths divided by the total number of confirmed cases, which appears to be what the W.H.O. did to arrive at its rate.

From the W.H.O. situation report of 6 March (the most recent available):

_Mortality for COVID-19 appears higher than for influenza, especially seasonal influenza. While the true mortality of
    COVID-19 will take some time to fully understand, the data we have so far indicate that the crude mortality ratio (the
    number of reported deaths divided by the reported cases) is between 3-4%, the infection mortality rate (the number
    of reported deaths divided by the number of infections) will be lower. For seasonal influenza, mortality is usually
    well below 0.1%. However, mortality is to a large extent determined by access to and quality of health care. _

I posted data from today
    this is 6 days old
    data looked a better a few days ago
    as we meet "circumstances" talked about here _mortality is to a large extent determined ... by quality of health care. _

the longer this goes on the more accurate data gets = more accurate picture of situation

Where is your data from. It's still very early.

• @wim: the reason for getting vaccinated isn't just for oneself . It is also to protect others by reducing transmission. Some people can't get the shots for health reasons and those of us that help stop the flu dead in its tracks reduce the number of fatalities. If enough people get vaccinated, herd immunity kicks in.

The reason to self-isolate is similar. It is less about protecting oneself than slowing transmission rates down which will save lives.

If you haven't read the article that I've posted a few times do so then read it again.

Lethality goes down if we take actions to flow transmission rates because a lot of the deaths are due to lack of equipment and health care workers if demand exceeds capability.

We need to think about our community and not just ourselves.

• Daunting summary of a panel on March 10 at a major research hospital:

https://www.linkedin.com/content-guest/article/notes-from-ucsf-expert-panel-march-10-dr-jordan-shlain-m-d-/

If anyone isn't taking action and doing what they can now, don't wait. This isn't blowing over.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I would gladly sacrifice my life (and it well may be) if the cumulative result is the dethroning of Donald J. It was no surprise to find out the Trump speech was written by Stephen Miller, Trump’s pathetically
    emotionless puppeteer. The same Stephen Miller who in high school refused to pick up his own garbage saying that’s what the janitors were for. The same Stephen Miller who has denied his own family’s immigrant origins to be the hater in chief. The same Stephen Miller denounced by his own uncle on tv for being a loathsome, heartless scumbag. The misogynistic misfit who guides the perfect imbecile on his trajectory of xenophobic blame and transparent schemery. With Barr his Himmler, Pence his Hesse, Kushner his Bormann. Miller makes the perfect propagandist... his Goebbels. I would liken Trump to Hitler except Adolph was a hell of a lot smarter and better looking.

“It would not be impossible to prove with sufficient repetition and a psychological understanding of the people concerned that a square is in fact a circle. They are mere words, and words can be molded until they clothe ideas and disguise.”
    ― Joseph Goebbels

Don’t make the mistake of identifying the symptoms as the cause, it is we, or enough of we, the people who are the cause, we have always enabled these people to assume power.

• edited March 2020

@knewspeak... just some of us, my friend. Especially this time. But I do agree somewhat. Trump is a result, not a symptom.

• @Max23 said:

@barabajagal said: I think he’s already done this, blaming Europeans. Funny how UK is exempt when he’s got business interests here and especially where I am in Scotland . Hopefully this impending disaster has one upside & the people of America will see this lying clown for what he is & vote him out. I have my doubts unfortunately.

looks at the words fall out of the orange clown.
    china couldn't couldn't get Jennie back into the bottle, öhm, I need someone to blame, obviously not me, ah lets say Europe. :s
    now he can play big strong man with little hands again, until the dead lay on the hospital floors, I pretty sure he will find someone to blame then too, obviously not him ;)
    I gues it'll be Mexican immigrants or something. :s

Europe has dithered, whilst Rome burns. Austerity hurts.

• edited March 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @SilverK said:
    Isn’t it a superb way to give the planet a health n hygiene lesson ? Frighten the shit clean out of everyone

I don’t think this virus is strong enough to wipe the problem (us humans) out.

It’s coming though and that will be the real green revolution. 💥 🇫🇷🇫🇷🇫🇷 🌲 🌳 🦩

• @LinearLineman said:
    @wim... now I am mad 😉. I was totally apolitical my entire life... until Unca Donald showed me the way.
    I am saddened to say, IMO, no one can avoid politics anymore. It has become totally invasive over the past few years. For most it’s effects have only been like an annoying orange fly constantly flitting around one’s face, dominating the news cycle. Until now. Now the personal invasion is at everyone’s doorstep.

My suspicion for a few years now, has been that the powerful/rich/elite were aware of massive ecological and environmental change approaching for a long time, and have been making a land grab.

Stripping the Earths resources for their own gain. Polluting. Getting away with it courtesy of compliant governments. Governments helped in place by a media system they own. Wars that cause a flood of refugees to neighbouring countries, causing xenophobic reactions and assured elections of populist figures.

Our own idiotic PM is parroting the ‘keep calm and carry on’ line, while experts point to what’s happening in Italy and scream their disbelief.

Must keep that economy ticking over - no rush to close schools or workplaces - or build hospitals and ICU equipment - and anyway half a million sick and old off the governments backs will solve that pension problem.

We’re all pawns in a power game, easily sacrificed while the rich jet off to their bunkers:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/coronavirus-lifestyles-of-the-rich-and-famous-how-the-1-are-coping

• edited March 2020

@Max23 said:
    I wonder what the man with the orange hair is going to tweet from his golden loo when he gets tested positive >:)

It's going to get even more surreal, and potentially more dangerous than the virus threat itself.

Since the money and power is generally controlled by ageing males, if their bunkers don't keep them safe then they'll start dropping like flies. And since chaos thrives a vacuum, there will be a total upheaval in the order of things. A proper power grab.

Buckle up.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Max23 said:
    I wonder what the man with the orange hair is going to tweet from his golden loo when he gets tested positive >:)

It's going to get even more surreal, and potentially more dangerous than the virus threat itself.

Since the money and power is generally controlled by ageing males, if their bunkers don't keep them safe then they'll start dropping like flies. And since chaos thrives a vacuum, there will be a total upheaval in the order of things. A proper power grab.

Buckle up.

Or deposed by men who are ten a penny.

• They’ll be requisitioning useful things from dentist, vets, university’s and other places I should imagine soon.

• Friday the thirteenth.

• The people who say there’s nothing we can do to stop this and then proceed to act as they always have should:

1. Stay at least 3 feet away from people.
    2. Stay at home if you're coughing or sneezing.
    3. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
    4. Disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
    5. We should all be doing this.
    6. Act as if anyone could infect you.
    7. Act as if you could infect anyone.
    8. Urge adequate testing so healthcare resources can be distributed effectively.
    9. Urge your government officials to support these actions.
    10. Urge other community leaders to do the same.

Why common sense can’t be relied upon:

1. The Corona virus is too small to see so you don’t know where it is.
    2. The virus can infect a person for many days before they experience symptoms.
    3. People can spread the virus long before they have symptoms.
    4. You can’t use your experiences with the viruses you’re used to such as the common cold or seasonal flu virus as a comprehensive guide for your behavior.
    5. Just because you have seasonal allergies and are sneezing because of it doesn’t mean you can’t also be infected with the Corona virus and be spreading it every time you sneeze.

If you really want to know why slowing down the virus is so significant, read this article about flattening the growth curve of viral transmission of Covid-19 a.k.a Act today or people will die.

• @Max23 said:

“Kicked it’s ass. Get over it pussies!”

• edited March 2020

Justin Trudeau is self-quarantined. His wife tested positive.

State of the world: worst it has been in 100 years [edit: or maybe 75-ish years]

Vent: The US turned down WHO’s offer of help with COVID-19 testing more than a month ago. I think we’ll look back at that decision as a critical point of failure. Now that it is too late to test aggressively and quarantine, as of Mar 10th we still only had capacity to complete 1,000 tests per day NATIONWIDE (fact of the bottle neck point of lab processing, details here). Let that sink in while our official reports show 300+ new positive cases daily in the US.

• @Hmtx said:
    Justin Trudeau is self-quarantined. His wife tested positive.

State of the world: worst it has been in 100 years, no hyperbole

You should google WW2

• I find it very interesting that there is no serious conflict on this potentially cantankerous thread. I have done my best to stir the pot but no takers. If you think that this is because the world has come to its senses, think again.

There was a hand washing poll: Republicans polled they would wash their hands half as much as Democrats. There is no sea change in Trump’s base, and Fox News, for the most part, has not altered course.

We are, let’s face it, a very liberal group of people (at least the ones who post). The few who could be counted on to defend the Republican party line here seem to have decided it is not worth it for them to stick their necks out any longer. To us liberal thinkers it may seem like there is no opposing argument because any such arguments are indefensible or that people have changed their minds. Frankly, I doubt it. Now they just talk amongst themselves.

• Just another reminder, (really seriously), if you have not yet read the following article and encouraged people you know to read it, please do -- even among people that are generally well-informed, the criticality of changing our behavior today (not tomorrow, not next week: TODAY) in order to avoid catastrophe is not well-understood.

You might need to read it twice for it to sink in. We really can help this be just crappy and not catastrophic. There is consensus among experts about that. It isn't too late to keep the worst from happening, but we have to all take this seriously.

WE need to be the leaders.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

Please share widely.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I find it very interesting that there is no serious conflict on this potentially cantankerous thread. I have done my best to stir the pot but no takers. If you think that this is because the world has come to its senses, think again.

There was a hand washing poll: Republicans polled they would wash their hands half as much as Democrats. There is no sea change in Trump’s base, and Fox News, for the most part, has not altered course.

We are, let’s face it, a very liberal group of people (at least the ones who post). The few who could be counted on to defend the Republican party line here seem to have decided it is not worth it for them to stick their necks out any longer. To us liberal thinkers it may seem like there is no opposing argument because any such arguments are indefensible or that people have changed their minds. Frankly, I doubt it. Now they just talk amongst themselves.

Yah we need more balance here as it is getting severely inbred. So dammit Lineman, shooting your bloody mouth off again! You and your... I mean... just wait till the... and then the... hmmm. Fuck you?

• I live in South Carolina, and let me tell you there are a lot of people who think this is a conspiracy, or a ridiculous overreaction. One of them, rather alarmingly, works for the National Guard's disaster recovery team. Another is responsible for risk management at a local health insurance company.

Interestingly this is mostly white males 55+. So not the highest risk, but not exactly in a position where they should be going out and deliberately shaking hands, going to restaurants either...

Also our governor is refusing to do anything about it, and fairly clearly thinks it's basically a hoax. Lot of retirees in this state...

On the plus side, if anyone wants cheap beach property this might be a good year for it. Likely to be lots of empty homes. Might want to wait until after hurricane season though...