Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Vent About Global Pandemic Management *HERE*

Comments

• edited March 2020

Just so everyone knows how interconnected we are, a small personal story:

My friend works in the restaurant industry. We live at the edge of Los Angeles county. One of her co-workers is going to school to be a physical therapist and travels to Orange County (30 imperial unit miles from here) for an internship.

He received a notice from one of the doctors which are in his medical group that had contact from someone who had been to a country and returned carrying the virus.

So even IF I theoretically only travel from my house to my friends house and return back home to help care for 2 elderly parents in their 80's one with underlying and still to be resolved heart problems ( 🙄🙏) I could be exposing THEM to the virus.

Doctor —> Coworker —> Friend —> Me —> Parents.

We are as a society 6 degrees separated from potential personal catastrophe regardless of the number of miles between us.

Don't be a dick and think this is the flu (which is deadly) and that you don't have to be responsible. It might be your parents and grandparents you're putting at risk.

I think everyone on this forum understands this.

Peace

• @NemanzgbKaj said:

@ALB said:
    At home working remotely with a sh***y firm loaner laptop.

Im hoping to do the same tomorrow, the big boss told us: take all your s**t home, and check your emails at 6:00 AM to see if you have to come to work.

And while the laptop I have is s***y, this ipad is not, and its also company property, so maybe Ill wake up, make some coffee, open some apps (vpn first) maybe make a song about viruses, you know a single note on an arp mimicking dna, some guitar with heavy reverb as the mutation and so on...

But yeah, its no joke, I live in Croatia which is deadly close to Italy.
    Death count
    so far: 0
    Sick: maybe 20 and growing
    Suspected of being sick: 4 million and thats all of us becouse we like to panic :)

Song title for tomorrow: Pandemic discount 100%

Stay safe!

• edited March 2020

I would gladly sacrifice my life (and it well may be) if the cumulative result is the dethroning of Donald J. It was no surprise to find out the Trump speech was written by Stephen Miller, Trump’s pathetically
    emotionless puppeteer. The same Stephen Miller who in high school refused to pick up his own garbage saying that’s what the janitors were for. The same Stephen Miller who has denied his own family’s immigrant origins to be the hater in chief. The same Stephen Miller denounced by his own uncle on tv for being a loathsome, heartless scumbag. The misogynistic misfit who guides the perfect imbecile on his trajectory of xenophobic blame and transparent schemery. With Barr his Himmler, Pence his Hesse, Kushner his Bormann. Miller makes the perfect propagandist... his Goebbels. I would liken Trump to Hitler except Adolph was a hell of a lot smarter and better looking.

“It would not be impossible to prove with sufficient repetition and a psychological understanding of the people concerned that a square is in fact a circle. They are mere words, and words can be molded until they clothe ideas and disguise.”
    ― Joseph Goebbels

• edited March 2020

prepare to hear about Slovakia in media as next Italy week or two from now... we have just 21 cases for now (11 new yesterday, all of them traced to initial 10) but our goverment is totally incompetent, our healthcare is bad condition and many people here are ignoring precautions .... so i'm expecting catastrophe soon..

• edited March 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2020

The question about the pandemic is cui bono?
    Or at least, who benefits from the non-, or lagging, or pathetic, response to the virus of the world’s most powerful nation?
    Trump’s impotent flailing = runaway panic, plummeting world markets, inevitable recession. So scary and chaotic, but try seeing it all through the reptilian eyes of the super rich. Baron Rothschild put it so presciently: “the time to buy is when blood runs in the streets”. This is not just a dark 19th century aphorism, it’s the way Putin’s fortune (for example) was made. Speaking of whom, the silence from Russia re: the virus...deafening

I think one crucial difference between Trump and Hitler, @LinearLineman, is that Hitler pulled his own strings. He was not someone else’s “useful idiot”.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I would gladly sacrifice my life (and it well may be) if the cumulative result is the dethroning of Donald J. It was no surprise to find out the Trump speech was written by Stephen Miller, Trump’s pathetically
    emotionless puppeteer. The same Stephen Miller who in high school refused to pick up his own garbage saying that’s what the janitors were for. The same Stephen Miller who has denied his own family’s immigrant origins to be the hater in chief. The same Stephen Miller denounced by his own uncle on tv for being a loathsome, heartless scumbag. The misogynistic misfit who guides the perfect imbecile on his trajectory of xenophobic blame and transparent schemery. With Barr his Himmler, Pence his Hesse, Kushner his Bormann. Miller makes the perfect propagandist... his Goebbels. I would liken Trump to Hitler except Adolph was a hell of a lot smarter and better looking.

“It would not be impossible to prove with sufficient repetition and a psychological understanding of the people concerned that a square is in fact a circle. They are mere words, and words can be molded until they clothe ideas and disguise.”
    ― Joseph Goebbels

I think I love you mr lineman! Perfectly put a summation I’ve had the privilege to read

• edited March 2020
  • @barabajagal said:

@LinearLineman said:
    I would gladly sacrifice my life

I think I love you mr lineman! Perfectly put a summation I’ve had the privilege to read

The pen is mightier than the sword... but inadequate to defend against a cellular incursion.

This is a realtime stress test for true national security... Putin has put his people in a precarious position to survive
    by exporting the wealth and resources of his nation. What's left is energy (natural gas) which will not convert to
    the right resources to defeat the real enemies now.

Not sure we can wait a year to replace or control Trump. The process of impeachment has been put through a practice drill and it can go fast with the right political will. We just need to build consensus and act in our own interest. And that requires
    a consideration of discussion of politics. The will would come from a rising death toll and god reporting.

Keep your pens out.

• edited March 2020

@Max23 said:

@Littlewoodg said: Speaking of whom, the silence from Russia re: the virus...deafening

my bet is you won't hear from russia until ppl fall over dead in the streets.
    Russia and china have so close business connections.
    And now its exploding only over EU?
    this silence is really deafening.

official numbers from russia 34 total cases.
    no way in hell
    no tests, no numbers, no unpleasant news for politicians.
    wait, haven't we heard about such behavior before from here? who was it again, I cant remember ;)

Russia took early , proper containment action by banning Chinese entry from the end of January. Take a look at the full list list of their travel restrictions from affected countries. I would imagine that any case that required self isolation for those infected is not voluntary either.....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Russia

• @McD i must confess I read your last line “keep your penis out”. I guess it is just what I have come to expect and look forward to of you.

Thanks @barabajagal, soft fury can turn into an effective rant. I love you, too.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @zeropoint said:

@Max23 said:

@Littlewoodg said: Speaking of whom, the silence from Russia re: the virus...deafening

no way in hell
    wait, haven't we heard about such behavior before from here? who was it again, I cant remember ;)

Russia took early , proper containment action by banning Chinese entry from the end of January. Take a look at the full list list of their travel restrictions from affected countries. I would imagine that any case that required self isolation for those infected is not voluntary either.....

The end of January is two months after the virus started spreading. Russia and China share a large border. From what I have read , there is a lot of suspicion that the numbers out of Russia aren't accurate. But it may be quite a while before we find out.

• @espiegel123 said:

@zeropoint said:

@Max23 said:

no way in hell

The end of January is two months after the virus started spreading. Russia and China share a large border. From what I have read , there is a lot of suspicion that the numbers out of Russia aren't accurate. But it may be quite a while before we find out.

The first rule of PR is to fess up when you fuck up as soon as you can and fully. Take the heat now, however unpleasant, for it will be worse later. Of course Mister Putin won't be visiting the ballot box in November.

• edited March 2020
  • edited March 2020

Agreed I strongly suspect that they are not accurate. But the end of January is still several weeks before other EU countries took action I believe ? And a week is a long time in epidemiology..... but then none of the official numbers are accurate. Here in the UK we have 509 confirmed cases but an admission today by our Chief Medical Officer that the actual number of cases are estimated at 5 - 10k. I suspect , based on that medium article linked below that they might be even more than that.

Once a virus has entered a country, travel restrictions alone only delay virus spread by 3 - 5 days apparently (still a long time if at the community transmission stage) but combined with strict social distancing measures they are highly effective (going from that excellent medium article which has had 7,000,000 views in the last 24 hours - ).

Here in the UK we are still allowing travel in from infected areas and are doing very little about effective social distancing to slow the spread compared to other countries, although I think that will change in a week or two’s time as more people are tested ....

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

• edited March 2020
  • No Max, 7 in 100 of CLOSED cases die. The large majority of those 54,000 in a mild condition will not progress to serious and will make a full recovery, dramatically reducing the fatality rate of those known to be infected.

• edited March 2020
  • I just spent two hours looking for somewhere that had toilet paper in stock to buy online.

I had to tell my girlfriend we couldn’t go see All American Rejects perform at Universal.

I still have to fucking work because I work a tech job from home.

I’m annoyed.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @wim I am saddened you haven’t tried to ameliorate my negativity. Maybe you see how much I enjoy it.

To be honest, you kinda scared me a little. I was afraid to engage. :D

• whys everyone buying toilet paper but the shelves are still full of canned food , twinkies and doritos... imo id rather have food 🤷🏻‍♂️ you can use leaves for toilet paper before you can for salad

• I just got back from a day out and about, mostly replenishing stores of things we normally keep extra of, but I had let diminish ironically over the last few months. After almost a week in this fishbowl, I was half expecting to find the streets deserted, store shelves empty, and people panicking over it.

Quite the contrary, people were out in normal numbers, calmly going about their business, with only a few staples missing from some of the shelves, and a calm, relaxed, well mannered line up of about three minutes to cycle through the toilet paper section at Costco (of which they had fork loads of coming out of the warehouse. Good humor, it seemed added politeness and respect, and just ... pretty much normalcy.

It was good to get out. I feel bad for those in areas where it is not like this, but grateful that real life at least here doesn't appear to be anything like the feeling you get about it from reading and hearing the news.

• @Max23 said:

@zeropoint said:
    No Max, 7 in 100 of CLOSED cases die. The large majority of those 54,000 in a mild condition will not progress to serious and will make a full recovery, dramatically reducing the fatality rate of those known to be infected.

yes, thats where statistics come from. closed cases. ;)
    active cases you cant tell as you cant predict the future

oh, if you want happy news
    for 90 of 100 people its not different from any other flu, u feel sick and get over it.

thats why I am trying to explain these numbers to you people
    you don't understand what these numbers mean and not the how and why its calculated like that.

You're incorrect. The World Health Organization's most recent numbers put the mortality at 3% to 4%, but experts maintain that number will likely go down. It's still far more lethal than influenza, but it is not 7%.

By definition, the case fatality rate is the number of deaths divided by the total number of confirmed cases, which appears to be what the W.H.O. did to arrive at its rate.

From the W.H.O. situation report of 6 March (the most recent available):

_Mortality for COVID-19 appears higher than for influenza, especially seasonal influenza. While the true mortality of
    COVID-19 will take some time to fully understand, the data we have so far indicate that the crude mortality ratio (the
    number of reported deaths divided by the reported cases) is between 3-4%, the infection mortality rate (the number
    of reported deaths divided by the number of infections) will be lower. For seasonal influenza, mortality is usually
    well below 0.1%. However, mortality is to a large extent determined by access to and quality of health care. _

• @wim said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @wim I am saddened you haven’t tried to ameliorate my negativity. Maybe you see how much I enjoy it.

Don’t be afraid @wim. Dive right in. The water’s fine.

• edited March 2020
  • I have a sincere question for those commenting on anti-vaxers. I'm in total agreement about the need for and responsibility to get vaccinated. I would never lapse on those for myself, family, or pets.

But personally, I do not get flu shots and never have. I almost never get sick (knock wood) - the last time was about four years ago, I think. And I don't work closely around other people. But the real reason is I've never trusted those shots. I know that flies in the face of accepted science, but I've never been able to shake it, and since I seem resilient on my own, I've never forced myself to confront that.

So, my question for the people concerned about people not being vaccinated is does this make me part of that group considered dangerous and irresponsible? It's a sincere question.

Thanks.

• @LinearLineman said:

@wim said:

@LinearLineman said:

Don’t be afraid @wim. Dive right in. The water’s fine.

I would, but I don't do politics. Yer on your own bud. B)

• @wim said:
    I have a sincere question for those commenting on anti-vaxers. I'm in total agreement about the need for and responsibility to get vaccinated. I would never lapse on those for myself, family, or pets.

But personally, I do not get flu shots and never have. I almost never get sick (knock wood) - the last time was about four years ago, I think. And I don't work closely around other people. But the real reason is I've never trusted those shots. I know that flies in the face of accepted science, but I've never been able to shake it, and since I seem resilient on my own, I've never forced myself to confront that.

So, my question for the people concerned about people not being vaccinated is does this make me part of that group considered dangerous and irresponsible? It's a sincere question.

Thanks.

BTW, are these flu shots free?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@wim said:
    I have a sincere question for those commenting on anti-vaxers. I'm in total agreement about the need for and responsibility to get vaccinated. I would never lapse on those for myself, family, or pets.

Thanks.

BTW, are these flu shots free?

Good question, I dunno. I see the signs for them when I go to the pharmacy, but I don't pay any attention. They would be essentially free either way for me as they would be covered by my health insurance I'm sure.