Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bit Maestro - preview of my new AUv3 bit crusher

1235»

Comments

• edited January 2021

I guess the "gate" effect might just be intrinsic to the whole 8bit thing. Since the signal amplitude must at least be high enough to be rounded up to 1 bit and any change in signal that is less than 1 bit is just lost due to the "rasterization".

I agree that the graphical waveform is a great feature and is definitely part of what makes this app fun ;)

being able to switch to a "live" oscilloscope mode might also be interesting...

• @dobbs said:
    being able to switch to a "live" oscilloscope mode might also be interesting...

Yes... I had thought that myself. Just stuck it on my list of tentative future features 👍

• thanks for the help, this is deep!

• What's happening, is BM getting a big update?

• @JamMaestro said:

@iLLaFenT said:
    Love this plugin!!!! is there any documentation? I guess is there a way to control the gate threshold??

No docs 😂 but you can click the (?) button to the right of the bit board... by gate do you mean the limiter?

there is some kinda built in gate effect. when you let a note ring out it gets all fuzzy and the cuts instantly, which I love. I was just wondering if there is a way to adjust it. maybe it is the limiter. ill try that

• @iLLaFenT said:
    there is some kinda built in gate effect. when you let a note ring out it gets all fuzzy and the cuts instantly, which I love. I was just wondering if there is a way to adjust it. maybe it is the limiter. ill try that

Hmmm, theres definitely no built in gate effect. Perhaps thats just the effect of the wave form hitting the threshold to be rounded down to zero rather than rounded up to the nearest valid integer? 🤔 If thats the case then turning off more bits on the left side should progressively cut it out at a higher point