Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bit Maestro - preview of my new AUv3 bit crusher

Comments

• @JamMaestro said:
    Heres a video of the original biscuit btw

After I saw this I decided I needed one :love:

Yes. I completely understand now.

• edited February 2020

@rs2000 said:
    Well, you don't have to enable them all simultaneously, do you?
    I do think it would complement it well because it's a very similar type (but more flexible) distortion.
    My AUv3 folder is starting to look like a great big mess too so I'm more and more trying to find plugins that do more than just one thing.
    But nevermind, that's just something that I found would be a great enhancement to the typical bit crushers (and the wave shaper curve of bit reduction would look like a stepped saw wave with bit depth = number of steps).

I do know what you mean about having more a swiss army knife than a million different apps. Just took so long to cram all the current things into the interface without making it look cluttered, the idea of having to fit in more buttons intimidates me right now :lol:

btw... appreciate all the positive feedback everyone!

• This is and absolute beast, David! Craving it already :wink:

• @JamMaestro said:

@rs2000 said:
    Well, you don't have to enable them all simultaneously, do you?
    I do think it would complement it well because it's a very similar type (but more flexible) distortion.
    My AUv3 folder is starting to look like a great big mess too so I'm more and more trying to find plugins that do more than just one thing.
    But nevermind, that's just something that I found would be a great enhancement to the typical bit crushers (and the wave shaper curve of bit reduction would look like a stepped saw wave with bit depth = number of steps).

I do know what you mean about having more a swiss army knife than a million different apps. Just took so long to cram all the current things into the interface without making it look cluttered, the idea of having to fit in more buttons intimidates me right now :lol:

Keep it simple. Just a double-tap on the waveform display to open a full-screen editor.
    But I'll shut up for now :D

btw... appreciate all the positive feedback everyone!

Thanks for asking! 👍🏼

• Would you be able to share with me your thoughts? I’m trying to make something to do some scripting stuff that can be shared on multiple devices. Am I better off making an app dedicated for it, so I can easily share with other devices, or just make a shortcuts Pythonista script.

• @JamMaestro great to see you still creating! This app demands a dedicated performance page, with a bypass trigger and rapid preset switching/triggering!

• @Samflash3 said:
    Would you be able to share with me your thoughts? I’m trying to make something to do some scripting stuff that can be shared on multiple devices. Am I better off making an app dedicated for it, so I can easily share with other devices, or just make a shortcuts Pythonista script.

Sorry, not sure what you mean by scripting stuff! Not sure what you are trying to achieve?

@audiblevideo said:
    @JamMaestro great to see you still creating! This app demands a dedicated performance page, with a bypass trigger and rapid preset switching/triggering!

Well the main interface is already kind of designed for performance... ! Interesting ideas though, am worried about cluttering the interface at this stage though. Would like to get real world feedback before making any more changes.

@senhorlampada said:
    This is and absolute beast, David! Craving it already :wink:

Thanks man!

• Always need to crush more bits

• I want this!

• +1 , really cool ! :)

• We want it all and we want it now!

• Bit Maestro is currently 'Waiting for review' so its in the arms of the Apple gods now. Hopefully it'll be out by the end of the week!

I made a little video of me jamming over the top of a Korg Gadget tune - recommend headphones or good speakers though to feel the full bass!

• @JamMaestro said:
    Bit Maestro is currently 'Waiting for review' so its in the arms of the Apple gods now. Hopefully it'll be out by the end of the week!

I made a little video of me jamming over the top of a Korg Gadget tune - recommend headphones or good speakers though to feel the full bass!

That woke my dog up! B)

• hahaha... maybe just headphones in your case @Fruitbat1919 !

• Wow
    My phone speakers nearly exploded, can't wait to make noise with this
    Money waiting, sounds great !!!

• What is the price going to be please ?

• One bit-crusher to crush'em all, I'm sold...

Universal?

• Sounds very good - Purchasing.

• I want to crush bits!

• @stormbeats said:
    Sounds very good - Purchasing.

Don't think it's out yet but when a link is up I'll be on it :)

• @JamMaestro said:

Excellent demo :-)

I am very interested

• @Nicebutfun said:
    What is the price going to be please ?

I have some ideas... interested what you think would be a fair price point though?

@Samu said:
    One bit-crusher to crush'em all, I'm sold...

Universal?

Yep!

• I think you need to weigh up the time you spent, against what you think the market would be willing to pay.
    I am a poor person in a badly paid job, with 2 kids , so I don't think it's fair for me to name a price, as I may insult you.😁

• @Nicebutfun said:
    I think you need to weigh up the time you spent, against what you think the market would be willing to pay.
    I am a poor person in a badly paid job, with 2 kids , so I don't think it's fair for me to name a price, as I may insult you.😁

Hehe. Right now I'm thinking of pricing it about $6 USD (with an initial launch price of maybe $5). The Softube Biscuit VST sells for €200 ... so its definitely a lot easier punt than that!

• @JamMaestro said:

@Nicebutfun said:
    I think you need to weigh up the time you spent, against what you think the market would be willing to pay.

Hehe. Right now I'm thinking of pricing it about $6 USD (with an initial launch price of maybe $5). The Softube Biscuit VST sells for €200 ... so its definitely a lot easier punt than that!

$4.99 intro price sounds about right and then around and $7.99 regular price with occasional sales every now and then.

What gets me going about this is the bit-shift thing, there is simply no other iOS app that does this :)

• edited February 2020

@JamMaestro said:

@Nicebutfun said:

The latest plugins AUv3 that I’m buying r 4,99$ , 5,49€ or 5,99€ (simple effects, like the nembrini or fac)
    If you think in dollars ad one more to convert in euros

• @JamMaestro said:

@Nicebutfun said:

Within iOS price land, I tend to find that £5 is an almost sweets at the till grab price for myself.
    I definitely tend to look a lot more if the price is over £5. The nearer to £10 it gets, it better be something either that I can’t do without, is special within its own market, or is multi purpose. When you get to the £20 mark, you better come loaded and ready for boar within the iOS market lol.

I think your $5 or $6 seems perfectly reasonable :)

Just my opinion

• Cheers for all the feedback guys, your views on this are actually super helpful.

@Fruitbat1919 definitely agree with what you say. I picked up FAC Alteza this morning (which is $5), if it had been a dollar more I probably wouldnt have pulled the trigger, but at that price it felt like something that would be nice to have in the arsenal even if I don't use it that much.

@Samu and @rafaelollero appreciate your thoughts too.

I think I just got to go with my gut and $6 feels about right with what I would be comfortable paying for it myself, given that its unique in its field.

The psychology behind pricing stuff is weird too, I find if you underprice something, people value it less.

• Cool price sounds fair
    UK here, fingers crossed for £4.99
    Hope you have great success, and sell a boat load

• @JamMaestro said:

The psychology behind pricing stuff is weird too, I find if you underprice something, people value it less.

Since App Store doesn't allow $.00 prices, will that be $5.99 or $6.99?

I still have some store credits (~$60) left but I need to do a re-fill soonish.
    As a recovering app-a-holic I've removed my credit card info from Apple and use Gift Cards instead and those are quite hard to find at times but I'll manage... :)