Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bit Maestro - preview of my new AUv3 bit crusher

Comments

• @Nicebutfun / @Samu in Apple speak it will be 'Tier 6' with a launch price of 'Tier 5'.
    Which translates to $5.99 / £5.99 / €6.99 regular price, $4.99 / £4.99 / €5.49 introductory price.

• Ps. Looks like it just passed its App Store review so I'll hit the big red button when I wake up tomorrow (UK here).

• @JamMaestro said:
    Cheers for all the feedback guys, your views on this are actually super helpful.

@Fruitbat1919 definitely agree with what you say. I picked up FAC Alteza this morning (which is $5), if it had been a dollar more I probably wouldnt have pulled the trigger, but at that price it felt like something that would be nice to have in the arsenal even if I don't use it that much.

@Samu and @rafaelollero appreciate your thoughts too.

I think I just got to go with my gut and $6 feels about right with what I would be comfortable paying for it myself, given that its unique in its field.

The psychology behind pricing stuff is weird too, I find if you underprice something, people value it less.

Also what type of app is of importance to price. Some apps are so niche, that you could decide you need to charge more to get back the development costs, or try to sell way more by charging less.

I don’t really think their is one right answer for all app scenarios. To my mind though the £5 price for most single use fx apps is a great starting point for market share beyond those that are particularly looking for that product. At £5 I won’t even think about the hundreds of fx apps I have, I will just add it for a few hours of fun.

The seriousness people associate with an app here is mostly down to its quality at what it is designed to do. Some apps while great value, are known to have disabling bugs for long periods or they just don’t work well for the purpose, or they just don’t sound as good as the competition. Looks make a big difference too! If an app looks looks too simplistic, it may not go down well. If an app seems garish or overly complex in design, it may not go down well. Many things involved....and yes, price too.

• @JamMaestro said:
    Ps. Looks like it just passed its App Store review so I'll hit the big red button when I wake up tomorrow (UK here).

Goodie, that's 59SEK here in Sweden so I'm covered when it drops at the AppStore :)

• Cool
    Hopefully I will buy before my late shift at work, and have a new cruncher to play with all day
    Good stuff

• edited February 2020

@JamMaestro said:
    Ps. Looks like it just passed its App Store review so I'll hit the big red button when I wake up tomorrow (UK here).

Tomorrow?
    Cmon lets party
    (joke)

• @JamMaestro said:

Blimey ! that was rather rude !!! 😂🤣😂

• @Paul16 said:

@JamMaestro said:

Blimey ! that was rather rude !!! 😂🤣😂

( in a good way obviously )

• @JamMaestro can you hit that red button as we speak. I want to use this app now Iam in “bits” waiting. :)

• Patience my pets 😂

• @JamMaestro said:
    Patience my pets 😂

@JamMaestro iam “crushed without those “bits”. Cool geeza I will be as patient as possible

• @JamMaestro looks delicious. Universal? Sorry if I missed that bit of info.

• CRUSH that red button! You know you can’t sleep anyway until you do !! :smiley:

• @JamMaestro said:
    @Nicebutfun / @Samu in Apple speak it will be 'Tier 6' with a launch price of 'Tier 5'.
    Which translates to $5.99 / £5.99 / €6.99 regular price, $4.99 / £4.99 / €5.49 introductory price.

Fair thing... I am in :)
    But Apple fucked the prices and their corresponding psychological effects up here in Germany. As you said, FAC Alteza $4.99 sounds nice. In Germany corresponding Tier is 5,49€ Which feels like... ja you know it ;)
    Anyways I really liked your DSP and how it sounded in these videos! Good night 👋🏼😴

• edited February 2020

@papertiger said:
    @JamMaestro looks delicious. Universal? Sorry if I missed that bit of info.

Yaaa, Universal 👍

@david_2017 said:

@JamMaestro said:
    @Nicebutfun / @Samu in Apple speak it will be 'Tier 6' with a launch price of 'Tier 5'.

Fair thing... I am in :)
    But Apple fucked the prices and their corresponding psychological effects up here in Germany. As you said, FAC Alteza $4.99 sounds nice. In Germany corresponding Tier is 5,49€ Which feels like... ja you know it ;)
    Anyways I really liked your DSP and how it sounded in these videos! Good night 👋🏼😴

As in it feels more expensive than $4.99?
    Whoa, you're right. I just checked the exchange rate and €5.49 is like $5.95 USD ! Thats broken heh.
    There is an 'Alternative Tier 5' but that has $4.99 USD and €5.99... so even worse !

• Really looking forward to this. This will be the first app I have bought for quite a while, looking forward to matching it up with the now automated Groovebox as well.

• Sounds bits-chin’! 😄 Love the pretty chainsaw waves, too! Good job. Hats (blown) off.🎩
    All your Bits are belong to us!

• Come to daddy

• Ready to buy it🤘

• @JamMaestro said:

@Nicebutfun said:
    I think you need to weigh up the time you spent, against what you think the market would be willing to pay.
    I am a poor person in a badly paid job, with 2 kids , so I don't think it's fair for me to name a price, as I may insult you.😁

Hehe. Right now I'm thinking of pricing it about $6 USD (with an initial launch price of maybe $5). The Softube Biscuit VST sells for €200 ... so its definitely a lot easier punt than that!

Yup, that sounds about right.

• I’m really excited for this one to come out, it looks awesome. $6 is very reasonable

• edited February 2020

Guess he is still sleeping pffft
    Lazy youth these days...

:smiley:

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Guess he is still sleeping pffft
    Lazy youth these days...

:smiley:

I was checking too😂😂😂

• edited February 2020

@JamMaestro LOVE IT! I’m surprised that there aren’t any parameters exposed to midi control...
    I though there would at least be Dry & Wet if not the rest of the knobs.

It might be cool if the individual bit rates had a note or cc toggle too.

About that performance page:
    @brambos has a good design philosophy. His apps never have more that two pages vertically spaced and the width and height of the default AU window (in AUM at least).
    There’s a toggle to get to the second page and back to get first. The second page is typically a control surface and the first is the parameter dials.
    In expanded (full screen) both controls are visible. (Super neat convention @brambos)

Still no gripes, Bit Maestro is eminently usable and fun!

• @JamMaestro said:

As in it feels more expensive than $4.99?
    Whoa, you're right. I just checked the exchange rate and €5.49 is like $5.95 USD ! Thats broken heh.
    There is an 'Alternative Tier 5' but that has $4.99 USD and €5.99... so even worse !

US prices don't include sales tax. If you subtract VAT from the German price, you'll find that it's pretty comparable. Sticker price in the US is not what you actually pay, which is infuriating...

• @JamMaestro said:

The psychology behind pricing stuff is weird too, I find if you underprice something, people value it less.

The truest words ever spoken on this forum.

• .> @oat_phipps said:

@JamMaestro said:

The reverse can be true as well.. as many a therapist will tell you....

• edited February 2020

@robosardine said:
    .> @oat_phipps said:

@JamMaestro said:

The reverse can be true as well.. as many a therapist will tell you....

Are you saying that therapists are overpriced, reducing demand?

Edit: oh, right, got you. Was being a ditz. I thought you were making a therapist joke for a minute. Or a statement on why more people who should don’t go to therapists. Off day.

• edited February 2020

Just got this and this shit be kickin by the way. Well worth $5. I didn’t see any links but I searched the name and it was there.

/yeah, I just used a High School High quote

• Finally got to have a test drive. Great purchase’ turning in to a great week
    This and WOW running together is nice