Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Borderlands 2.1 Update Out !

13»

Comments

• @aplourde said:

@AudioGus said:
    Really loving the update.

PS. Could be cool to have grid snapping so that the playback snaps to the closest grid line.

This would certainly be cool, but to work there would have to be musical knowledge of the file loaded. E.g. "this sample is 24 beats long" or "this sample is at 124 BPM and since the sample is 3.87 seconds long, that's 2 measures". Not saying it couldn't be done, but it would require some additional interface elements and user knowledge (or very sophisticated analysis).

What would be, hopefully, easy to do would be to sync the incoming record time to the BPM. Currently you specify record length in seconds, if that could be measures that would great.

Couple that with the ability to set defined lengths for automation recording and you could get very sophisticated rhythmic things going....

I am thinking something simple like grid divisions. 4,8,16,32,64,128. The user would simply feed it material that works. I would just stack samples to behave properly and export appropriate material to match. It wouldn’t be about feeding it ‘music’ per se, so much as a chain of sounds.

• so is the waterfall feature added how it records the audio in?

• @eross said:
    so is the waterfall feature added how it records the audio in?

You can use the (build in) microphone. Hit the icon in the bottom right, and you will see in the bottom left "REC.IN" The recording window appears (waterfall). You can also put Borderlands in an effect slot (AUM, AB etc.) to receive audio from the app or channel where it is hooked on.

• @eross said:
    so is the waterfall feature added how it records the audio in?

It's a new way of recording audio.

Previously audio would "fill up" the recording window from left to right and then loop around (if you didn't stop recording). This way any particular point in the rectangular sample window would always have the same audio (at least until the recording looped back around), meaning if you had a grain cloud at that point it would just be sampling from the same moment of audio.

With waterfall mode, audio continuously streams from right to left, so a grain cloud at a particular point would sample from a continuously changing stream of audio.

• Is an iPhone version planned?

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Is an iPhone version planned?

Hmmm, apparently you can't embed a time marker - jump to 3:25

iPhone is planned (no timeframe), which might lead to AUv3 version as well....

• I’ve forgotten how to copy a grain cloud so that a new one has the same settings. Can someone help me out, please?

• Activate the one you want to clone and double-tap on a blank area.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

I’d say that it is one of the apps truly made for a touch surface. Borderlands, Samplr, Poly 2, some others. When I want to show someone why iPads are a viable, professional tool, these are the apps I open.

^^^ this.

Borderlands & Samplr are the timeless ‘design classics’ of iOS imho

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Activate the one you want to clone and double-tap on a blank area.

Thanks!

• 2.1.2 Update...

• Borderlands Granular 1.0 was released on the
    @AppStore eight years ago today!

To celebrate, the app is on sale for $8 off for a very limited time!
    Have a look at how much has changed over the years at:
    https://www.instagram.com/borderlands_granular/