Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lumbeat app issues.

Comments

• @topaz said:
    It would with iBassist because it only has link. IAA sync isn’t working.

@AndyPlankton said:

@topaz said:
    Because audiobus 3 can state save and receives ext midi sync so it’s a bridge for IAA synced daws without link.

@AndyPlankton said:

@topaz said:
    It wouldn’t.

@AndyPlankton said:

@topaz said:
    Until the major daws gets ableton link 100%

@AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:

@topaz said:
    Yes, Audiobus state saving. So we can resume working without losing everything.

I just use BM3, Cubasis3, NS2 and AUM so it wouldn't really help me.

As IAA is being depricated is there really any point ?

And how would Link in the DAW's help with state saving ?

But you said until DAW's get link then state saving in AB is 100% worthwhile ? Or did I misunderstand something here ?

OK, but a DAW adopting Link would not change that, or would it ? I am thinking in terms of the Lumbeat apps here which can also receive ext MIDI sync

OK I think I get what you are saying...but I think it is more to do with AUv3 implementation of the app than it is to do with Link from the host.
    Even if the host had link...you would still need AB and it's state saving to avoid having to manually load the correct pattern/song/Bass.

• @topaz said:
    Lumbeat all AUv3 = sorted.

;-)

A monster Lumbeat Mega Suite with all styles under one roof with support for AUv4 multiple outputs (ETA 2030) would be nice.

PS. learn to play real drums and bass = sorted. ;)

• I do play bass and drums but music production is a separate thing for me :-)

https://completecycle.bandcamp.com/

@AudioGus said:

@topaz said:

;-)

A monster Lumbeat Mega Suite with all styles under one roof with support for AUv4 multiple outputs (ETA 2030) would be nice.

• @AudioGus said:

@topaz said:

;-)

and get ear plugs for all the residents in your neighborhood :D

• @AudioGus said:

@topaz said:

;-)

Would that be 1 output per limb :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

One per Lumb.

• @kgmessier said:

@AndyPlankton said:

One per Lumb.

:D

• @topaz said:
    I do play bass and drums but music production is a separate thing for me :-)

Cool/jealous/was actually talking about myself.

@AudioGus said:

@topaz said:

;-)

• Ahh ok, shameless plug then ;-)

@AudioGus said:

@topaz said:
    I do play bass and drums but music production is a separate thing for me :-)

Cool/jealous/was actually talking about myself.

@AudioGus said:

@topaz said:

;-)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:

@topaz said:

;-)

Hehe and tell my wife its been real.

• @AudioGus said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:

@topaz said:

;-)

Hehe and tell my wife its been real.

haha...

• This is an issue with IAA sync, future/funk drummer won’t follow song mode.

And seeing cubasis doesn’t have link it’s making it a pain to form any kind of arrangement.

@LuisMartinez said:

@topaz said:
    When programming an arrangement in funk/future drummer song structure stops working unless gui is in focus.

I don't understand ... Are you trying to edit an arrangement while playing a song ?

• edited January 2020

Funk Drummer is eating battery in the background after closing , and the only way to stop it is a hard reset.

Please fix this @LuisMartinez

• @topaz said:
    Funk Drummer is eating battery in the background after closing , and the only way to stop it is a hard reset.

When using IAA app, it is a good idea to force them to quit or do a soft reset.

• @espiegel123 said:

@topaz said:

When using IAA app, it is a good idea to force them to quit or do a soft reset.

Yah I believe this is an Apple issue which they have addressed in part by simply deprecating the standard.

• edited January 2020

@topaz said:

For soft reseting on iPads with a home button "Hold power, when power screen shows, hold home button. When your iPad returns to the homescreen the process is complete. This will flush your memory. 👍"

"For the iPas Pro 3rd gen the sequence is bit different:
    1. Press the “Volume Down” button
    2. After the step one, fast press and hold “Volume Up”, and “Power” together for 3 seconds
    3. Screen will shows the “Power Off” slider and the “Cancel” button with cross.
    4. You need to press this cross button.
    5. iPad will ask you for pin. Enter it."

(Quoting other people on the BM3 forum here https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/7751/tip-for-killing-iaa-au-zombies-stuck-in-memory-ipads-with-home-button#latest )

• Ok, but just wondering why funk drummer is the only one continuing to use audio background and so much battery usage ?

• @topaz said:
    Ok, but just wondering why funk drummer is the only one continuing to use audio background and so much battery usage ?

Who knows. But now that you know what is happening, you can at least circumvent the battery drain. It can happen with other apps, too.

p.s. The most direct way of letting Luis know about problems you run into that you want him to address is via email/his web site. While he often doesn't reply, it seems that he does read the incoming messages.

• Hi everyone !
    I get some erratic behaviour on Ibassist.Some notes written in the bass lines are not played, creating random holes in the lines.Also click seems broken.
    Maybe it’s an ios 14 bug.Someone to confirm this ?

• After testing, it’s happening only on legato notes, not on detached ones.
    The app is unusable for me in this state as i wanted to write walking bass jazz lines...

• @bombom said:
    After testing, it’s happening only on legato notes, not on detached ones.
    The app is unusable for me in this state as i wanted to write walking bass jazz lines...

Quote from a post on the first site of this post —>
    „email [email protected] if you have issues with these apps, Luis does not really frequent this forum too much.

I have reported issues to this email address before and have found him to be a nice guy and he does fix issues if he can reproduce them.“

• edited October 2020

@bombom said:
    Hi everyone !
    I get some erratic behaviour on Ibassist.Some notes written in the bass lines are not played, creating random holes in the lines.Also click seems broken.
    Maybe it’s an ios 14 bug.Someone to confirm this ?

Have you tried setting the “Jam” knob to zero?

I’m only asking because I’ve just started messing with this app and found out that the “Jam” knob has a big part to do with extra notes being added, and some notes being skipped.

• @DarkAum3o I emailed lumbeat yes, no reply.I’ve submitted a bug report too.

@Intrepolicious Yep, jam knob all the way down, still some notes are skipped randomly.

I hear strange things on notes release of most of the bass sounds, like a clipped short sound.Raising “Note Length” parameter in settings page somewhat cures the disappearing notes, but then the line is played staccato :) Messing a little longer in the “humanize” section crashes the app...

• @topaz, I have recently had a similar problem with Soft Drummer and MidEast. I noticed that even tho I closed these apps that when I reopened the title screen would not come up... it went directly to the home screen. I reinstalled and made sure the title screen came up. The battery drain stopped. But, probably, the hard reboot is a better method.

• Yup, Soft Drummer and Mid East drummer now drain a 100% charged iPad Pro 10.5 in a few hours once they’ve been ‘closed’. I’ve deleted the apps and reinstalled them but no difference. Two of my favourite apps and I’m scared to open them as I need to do a soft reboot every time I use them.
    I have emailed Lumbeat and really hope there is a way to stop it.

• @rud said:
    Yup, Soft Drummer and Mid East drummer now drain a 100% charged iPad Pro 10.5 in a few hours once they’ve been ‘closed’. I’ve deleted the apps and reinstalled them but no difference. Two of my favourite apps and I’m scared to open them as I need to do a soft reboot every time I use them.
    I have emailed Lumbeat and really hope there is a way to stop it.

When you say “closed” how are you “closing” them...and how did they get opened (by launching directly or opening them from inside a host?

• Hello @espiegel123 i tend to open them via Cubasis or AUM. When I’ve finished I will double tap and swipe up to close any open apps. This is how I’ve always done it and it’s never been a problem. This week I’ve noticed the massive battery drain and thought it was my iPad until I saw this thread. Having checked in settings/battery I saw that it was either Soft Drummer/Mid East or Rock Drum Machine that were running in the background and running my battery down.
    These are my favourite apps and I am happy to try any suggestions that anyone may have.
    Cheers.

• @rud said:
    Hello @espiegel123 i tend to open them via Cubasis or AUM. When I’ve finished I will double tap and swipe up to close any open apps. This is how I’ve always done it and it’s never been a problem. This week I’ve noticed the massive battery drain and thought it was my iPad until I saw this thread. Having checked in settings/battery I saw that it was either Soft Drummer/Mid East or Rock Drum Machine that were running in the background and running my battery down.
    These are my favourite apps and I am happy to try any suggestions that anyone may have.
    Cheers.

I am not 100% certain of this, but my impression has been that these sorts of zombie issues are more likely to occur when you launch them from the host. The double-tap/swipe up to “close” action might not correctly purge the apps if they were launched from the host (that list of apps is also a lost of recent but not necessarily active apps, and I think in cases like this all that is happening is that the app is being removed from the lost of recent apps.) See if it works better be launching those apps before adding them to the host.

• @espiegel123 thank you, I will do this now. If it works I will send you a socially-distanced virtual hug. If it doesn’t work I will send you a socially-distanced virtual high five for trying to help. Cheers.

• @rud said:
    @espiegel123 thank you, I will do this now. If it works I will send you a socially-distanced virtual hug. If it doesn’t work I will send you a socially-distanced virtual high five for trying to help. Cheers.

Let me know.