Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lumbeat app issues.

1235»

Comments

• @espiegel123 said:

@topaz said:
    Funk Drummer is eating battery in the background after closing , and the only way to stop it is a hard reset.

Please fix this @LuisMartinez

When using IAA app, it is a good idea to force them to quit or do a soft reset.

I have had exact same issue with same app, especially when I used in Audiobus , app refused to quit even though session cleared and all apps cleared

One way of solving is loading the app stand-alone and the quitting it

(Tip , once you clear AB session and all apps

Just reload a blank ab session again , if you see Funk drummer without even loading it , you know it’s in background )

Best way to reach LuisM is Facebook

I always get a reply

• edited December 2021

Reggea Drummer needs a refresh. I finally got my head rapped around the way to program MIDI with the other Lumbeat apps I own; Soft Drummer, Rock Drummer and Funk Drummer.
    But still Reggea Drummer is not using the same system. It needs an update to bring it up to the standards of the other apps so I can use my MIDI controllers the same as I do for the others.
    And I too am still having issues with stopping and starting all of these Lumbeat apps from within Quantiloop. The trouble is that if I don't close the apps individually before turning off my Ipad, the next time I use it, the drum apps will not start again within Quantiloop with out a bunch of fooling around. To bad because it ruins an otherwise stellar experience using these apps for live looping.

• @BladeRunner said:
    Reggea Drummer needs a refresh. I finally got my head rapped around the way to program MIDI with the other Lumbeat apps I own; Soft Drummer, Rock Drummer and Funk Drummer.
    But still Reggea Drummer is not using the same system. It needs an update to bring it up to the standards of the other apps so I can use my MIDI controllers the same as I do for the others.
    And I too am still having issues with stopping and starting all of these Lumbeat apps from within Quantiloop. The trouble is that if I don't close the apps individually before turning off my Ipad, the next time I use it, the drum apps will not start again within Quantiloop with out a bunch of fooling around. To bad because it ruins an otherwise stellar experience using these apps for live looping.

Fwiw, it is a good idea to launch IAA apps by hand rather than have an app launch them. When an app launches them, it increases the likelihood that they will stick around as zombies.

• @espiegel123 said:

Fwiw, it is a good idea to launch IAA apps by hand rather than have an app launch them. When an app launches them, it increases the likelihood that they will stick around as zombies.

I Tried that but I still have to start and close the app and then start it from within Quantiloop. Not all ways though....sometimes things just work as they should.
    Buggy apps make me want to get the new Boss RC600 or RC 505 MK2 Loop Station. I have one on order and also own other hardware loopers.
    I like Quantiloop with the Lumbeat drummers because they are far superior to any hardware drum machine for live improvised playing. That is, when they work properly.

• @thepinkelefant said:
    @LuisMartinez , is anybody able to use MIDI with funk drummer or Rock drum machine? I want to use rozetta XOX inAUM to drive these drums but nothing works...I fiddled with the midi routing , I made sure channel is 1 , changed the mappings to all available options , enabled the Sound Module .....but not a single peep ...
    How to configure for external MIDI triggering of the drums? I did ask the question on the Lumpbeat forum also but no response and no videos or helpful information on the documentation.

Anybody got it successfully working with external MIDI triggers for all sounds ?

I remember seeing a "sound module" switch in the app store pictures and there was some discussion about this feature here https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/38791/solved-lumbeats-drummers-apps-midi-in-how-to but have not seen it in Rock Drum Machine or Future Drummer. I can use either to drive other midi apps but can't use other midi apps to drive them. I would love to have Hammerhead drive Rock Drum Machine, but so far no luck.

• @BladeRunner said:

Ironically Reggae drummer is the only one that works on Mac M1, the others all download but crash on opening so it must be something different in the newly updated versions that’s broken them on Mac.

• I bought these apps a year ago with hopes that they would be finished....or at least working a little better (bugs ironed out) and with proper manuals. I guess that was a little too much to hope for. I was going to buy them all eventually.
    One would think that using them with external MIDI triggers would be a fairly simple operation in this day and age. Apparently not.

• @BladeRunner said:
    I bought these apps a year ago with hopes that they would be finished....or at least working a little better (bugs ironed out) and with proper manuals. I guess that was a little too much to hope for. I was going to buy them all eventually.
    One would think that using them with external MIDI triggers would be a fairly simple operation in this day and age. Apparently not.

What does not work for you?

• @espiegel123 said:

@BladeRunner said:
    I bought these apps a year ago with hopes that they would be finished....or at least working a little better (bugs ironed out) and with proper manuals. I guess that was a little too much to hope for. I was going to buy them all eventually.

For me it's the manuals. I'm still looking for them tbh... 😶

• @ervin said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BladeRunner said:

The apps have been around for years seems unlikely manuals will happen.

• @espiegel123 said:

@ervin said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BladeRunner said:

The apps have been around for years seems unlikely manuals will happen.

I agree, it was an answer to the question. BTW, after buying the first of these apps and realising the dev just doesn't care about manuals, buying more of his apps is on me. I can't complain any more about not knowing about this in advance. 🤷

I also think it's a missed opportunity as it would make these apps even more popular, but it's his call.

• It is what it is.
    Sometimes I can get midi working etc
    I agree
    Great apps but don’t always work the way you want
    I only own the reggae drummer app
    I just record parts I like and then move on
    I have mailed him before, he does reply
    Even when programming my own beats, I seem to get other artifacts sounds etc
    I have just learned to live with it

• Well the good news is that others share my frustration. It is what it is....a big glob of __izz.

• @ervin said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BladeRunner said:

The manual for all Lumbeat products could be short:
    "If app crashes, doesn't produce sound, does not respond to start/stop or midi events, reload it a couple of times. Repeat, if necessary".

• This is the only Manual I could ever find.
    It is a bit dated, maybe.
    It is specifically RDM, but the other apps have a similar design.

http://rockdrummachine.com/

There is a User Manual tab on that page.

• Does anybody know how to get Funk Drummer and Jazz Drummer working on M1/M2?

• @Vaultnaemsae said:
    Does anybody know how to get Funk Drummer and Jazz Drummer working on M1/M2?

What problem do you have? What OS version are you running?

• @Vaultnaemsae said:

I assume you are talking about getting these working on a Mac? I don’t have an M1 or M2 so I can’t test. I have not heard before that these will work on desktop but I could’ve missed something. Why are you assuming they are going to work on Mac? Devs have to allow this to happen.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Vaultnaemsae said:

I have a bunch of the Lumbeat apps and have used them for years on iPadOS but I'm now trying to use them on an M1 MacBook Air (Sonoma 14.0 now but Ventura 13.6 at the time of initial post) as I realized they're downloadable on the platform.

The Reggae, Soft, Future and Rock Drummer apps work fine on this platform. The other two I mentioned won't launch at all.

• @yowza said:

@Vaultnaemsae said:

I assume you are talking about getting these working on a Mac? I don’t have an M1 or M2 so I can’t test. I have not heard before that these will work on desktop but I could’ve missed something. Why are you assuming they are going to work on Mac? Devs have to allow this to happen.

Sorry, I should've been more specific.

• @Vaultnaemsae said:

Those two may still need to be updated. The other drummers have been updated and have this ability to send grooves to each other, but those two are still lacking this feature.
    I know, unrelated to the M1/M2 issue, but it shows that those 2 are lagging behind the rest. Once they are updated, they may work on M1/M2 like the others.

• @CracklePot said:

@Vaultnaemsae said:

Those two may still need to be updated. The other drummers have been updated and have this ability to send grooves to each other, but those two are still lacking this feature.
    I know, unrelated to the M1/M2 issue, but it shows that those 2 are lagging behind the rest. Once they are updated, they may work on M1/M2 like the others.

Thanks for your input!

• edited October 2023

@Vaultnaemsae said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Vaultnaemsae said:

I have a bunch of the Lumbeat apps and have used them for years on iPadOS but I'm now trying to use them on an M1 MacBook Air (Sonoma 14.0 now but Ventura 13.6 at the time of initial post) as I realized they're downloadable on the platform.

The Reggae, Soft, Future and Rock Drummer apps work fine on this platform. The other two I mentioned won't launch at all.

I’ve gotten the same errors with them refusing to open while the others work just fine. Have you by chance tried exploring stems from any of them. All of them work for me, except Hip Hop Drummer. It always crashes during the render.

All in all though…I love using them on my M1 MBP! I also have them drive drum racks in Ableton via midi! Super dope fun!

• @thatguysmitty How are you sending the midi from the lumbeat app to ableton? I've tried all the configurations and haven't been able to get any.thing working. I've changed settings, used audio and midi tracks, tried all the midi channels, tried external instrument racks, sent the notes from LB, etc. One thing that I suspect my problem might be is that on the midi in and out on the drummer, it only displays my audio interface midi and no other options. I've tried using this too but it does nothing. TIA